[APP][Pro] Heating Controller with utility prices

The midnight data (00 hour) was also missing in app version 1.5.1 Finland zone

Please test v. 1.5.4

Will do. Get back to you on tomorrow.

It’s working. Thanks for fixing it. Great work once again. :+1:

FYI, there are som issues with the current test-version v. 1.5.4:

• The memory consumption of the app is too high. Supposed to be between 15-20 MB, but on my Homey it is between 25-50MB.
  • The “High prices X hours of the day” and “Low prices X hours of the day” triggers does not seem to be working correctly.
  • The “Utility price changed” trigger does not trigger. You can fix it by deleting the trigger-card and adding it again to the flow.

This must be fixed before the final 1.5.x - release of course.

• Fixed issues with ‘High prices hours of the day (tokens: heating, high price)’ and ‘Low prices hours of the day (tokens: heating, low price)’ triggers
  • Fixed issue with “Utility price changed” trigger
  • Reduced memory consumption
1 Like

• Fixed bug in settings
1 Like

Missing NL zone :relaxed:

Have you checked the newest test-version? v. 1.5.6 ?

1 Like

Wow this is awesome! :heart_eyes:. Now I can turn on or off devices based on the current price

1 Like

1.5.7:

• Reduced memory consumption

The app uses now 1.2 MB storage, and around 13-16 MB memory. A bit more testing, and then it will be released.

Hello @balmli

I have calculated sort of “gain” variable for the thermostat control with the use of nordpool app (could be made with this heating controller app also). The variable is calculated so that the variable value is 1, when the price is at the lowest of the day and 0 when the price is highest of the day and everything between. I have made this calculation with about 26 different flows and variables.

I use this gain variable to scale the thermostat target temperature. For example I vary my livingroom floor temperature between 16-26 degrees. The actual thermostat target value is then calculated by 16+(26-16)*Gain=Target value. This way the heating is automatically done during the low price time and this gain value can be used in different thermostats.

My question is that could you implement this gain value calculation into the heating controller app and it could be used as a device variable? I think it would be usefull to other users also.

1 Like

Sound like a good idea.

1 Like

Is it possible to use the price reported from Tibber when adjusting based on price high and low?

No :slight_smile:

Hi @balmli

I have the app test version 1.5.9. Price area Finland and currency EUR. I have been following the price ratio and it seems to work as it should. Some difference between the value that I have calculated with flow but that’s bound to happen.

I also tested the High price 6 hours of the day (flow 1) trigger and other one with utility price change trigger and 6h high price condition (flow 2). I also made the same trigger with the CLI installed nordpool app (flow 3).

These trigger doesn’t work or I don’t know how to use them. I have checked that all of the flows trigger every hour, but first flow trigger stays true all the time, the second one stays false all the time and the third one with nordpool app works as it should. Can you make out of this why it doesn’t work? Have I understood something wrong how to use the triggers and conditions?

I tested also the low triggers and they don’t work either.

The outcome is following:

With price changes

OK, thanks!

I will have a look at the triggers.

1 Like

I have also the same comment on the min/max of x hours triggers. They stopped working a few days back (on 28 or 29 of October). But as on these days 1…2 app releases got installed automatically , then I did not notice the exact moment as the min/max values happen ‘randomly’ (based on stock variations)…

I have used this flow type (flow 2), but only generated “timeline” notices as the output for testing. They were working in earlier releases (and also, when the timezone correction was implemented, then seemed to take the full 24h properly into account).

I think I have found the bug, introduced in 1.5.7.

I must test a bit on my own Homey, and then release a new test-version.