[APP][Pro] Harmony Hub (v2.0.7)

@Ranney Running into the same problem after finding the harmony hub during setup for devices i get a network timeout.

Found the issue related to v4.15.250 of the Harmony Hub firmware. Good news is that it seems fixable but it will take me some time (around 2 days) to provide a fix. Will keep you updated on this.

9 Likes

Is it caused by another change they made in the firmware? Regarding the API-access?

Yes, they deprecated an api call that this app was using. Have to refactor some parts to get around that and the app should work again.

5 Likes

Hi, any progress on the fix?

Thank you for taking care of this. TV is a big part of my automation here up in Norway :slight_smile:

In the Homey app I see all these red exclamation marks too, but luckily all my flows that rely on the hub work fine.

I only use ‘when activity x is started’, to blah blah blah. That still works for me.

Yes, while working on the fix I also detected that since the latest Logitech Harmony Hub firmware they changed the unique id of the hub. I have a version fully working now that would require a deletion of all devices and activities + a repair of those devices. At the moment I am looking into a way to prevent this, although this would take a bit longer for the fix to hit the store, I don’t want to confront everyone with having to re-do all their flows so I think its worth the wait.

I expect to publish a new version late tomorrow or early on the day after tomorrow. After that we need to wait for Athom’s approval.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Jeroen

5 Likes

Thanks for all the work you’re putting into this.
You don’t need to apologize, Logitech is the o e that should stop messing around with the firmware!

2 Likes

Good job!

1 Like

Strange. I dont have any problems at all

Probably your Logitech Harmony Hub isn’t updated yet to the newest firmware (v4.15.250).

1 Like

@jreenen Just wanted to say that your knowledge and programming skills makes our homes so much more greater than it was before! A big thank you for always holdning us up to date with info and also for all the time you spend with this!

3 Likes

+1

1 Like

I am currently testing the version that is available for CLI install on https://github.com/jreenen/com.jreenen.homeyharmonyhub/tree/fix/latest_hub_firmware

Currently there is one known issue: if you pull the plug from your hub the app doesn’t detect it. I want to fix it but I might publish this version with the known issue if I can’t fix it today.

1 Like

Looks all good Jeroen, things are back up and running.
I did have to re-add cards to my flows, not sure if this is because I had already uninstalled / reinstalled. Many thanks!

1 Like

Published version v2.0.2 for the app, it’s up to Athom to approve it, after that the store version will be updated. There is 1 known issue: The app doesn’t detect it when the plug is pulled from the hub, will get fixed in an upcoming version.

@Jan_Hilhorst your issue " Homey flow is triggered AFTER the Harmony activity" should be fixed also in this version.

8 Likes

Tnx. And tnx for sticking so much of your time in this.

2 Likes

If you uninstall the app indeed all flows must be recreated after re-installing.

The app is updated to v2.0.2 this should fix the issues on the Logitech Harmony Hub firmware v4.15.250.

Also @Jan_Hilhorst your issue " Homey flow is triggered AFTER the Harmony activity" should be fixed also in this version.

And I have good hope https://github.com/jreenen/com.jreenen.homeyharmonyhub/issues/47 is also fixed in this release.

4 Likes