[APP][Pro] < group > (3.2.4 - Stable)

Sorry, I havent had a chance to look into this yet, the quickest solution will be to create a new group and delete the old.

I would also be interested in seeing a screenshot of you ‘settings’ page - which states what version the group was created for, along with what devices are in the group. I can then compare this to the logs.

No problem, Jamie! Which settings page do you mean? It looks like the error occurs when a device is deleted from Homey and you try to change a group where that device was in.

The first page which displays when you hit the settings. In has the device class on it, a notes file as well as the details of whats in the group.

Ah, that’s this one. But not all devices are mentioned. Guess that’s where it goes wrong.

When I try to repair, I get this;

Unknown error - Device not found. … have you maybe shared Diag. Code ? Then maybe Jamie can say something. Anyway, fastest way is simply to recreate Group device from scratch and if case you have some complex flows, there is script, which you case use to fix them…(partially)

I haven’t done that yet. I don’t have many groups, so I will remake them.

Hi,

I’m using several Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 in my house. Before the latest updates I was able to create groups of these devices which were also recognized by Alexa; so I was able to control the groups of Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 via Alexa.

Since the latest updates of the group-app, I still can create such groups, but Alexa doesn’t find these groups anymore.

I also have few Fibaro Roller Shutter 3. Groups with these devices are still found by Alexa and thus can be controlled via Alexa.

Do you have any idea, why groups with Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 do not work anymore?

I already tried several times to create new groups after the updates, but still they are not found by Alexa.

Thanks
Han

1 Like

Same here

What happens when you have a group with both 2 and 3 roller shutters?

The only thing I can think of is that Athom made shutter 2 groups a different device class from shitter3? (Window coverings vs blinds etc)

I’m interested in getting to the bottom of it though, because there is no reason one should work but not the other.

Hi Jamie,

when I group roller shutters 2 and 3 together Alexa doesn’t find the group, neither. So as soon as at least one shutter 2 is included in the group, Alexa doesn’t find it anymore.

I always had some issues with roller shutter 2 and Alexa, since Alexa already didn’t find the roller shutter 2 devices. (shutter 3 devices are found by Alexa) Therefore in the past my workaround was, to create a “group” for every single shutter 2 on its own, since the groups were found by Alexa in the past. With this workaround I was also able to control all single shutter 2 via Alexa.

Thanks
Han

well it looks like when ever a shutter is in a group, the group does not appear in alexa anymore…

Do you have also RS2 and RS3 in use?

@Han_Slotboom, did you check the device class of the 2 different roller shutter (Developer Tools → Devices) as Jamie suggested? Could it be that you have been using the RS2 longer and installed the RS3 later? It’s possible that Athom has updated or changed the app and the device class in the meantime.
One possible solution could be to delete the RS2 and include them again. But that’s just a guess.

Hi,

in both cases (RS2 and RS3) the class is “windowcoverings”.
Yes, indeed. I installed all RS2 (2017) first and the RS3 later (2019).

But, what surprises me is that the groups with RS2 were recognized by Alexa until the last updates. Only since the last updates of the group-app two weeks ago they are no longer recognized. Not even after re-creation of a group.

Yes, I will probably really delete an RS2 and re-integrate it.

Thanks
Han

How is it possible to add/remove devices in an existing group?

In older versions of the app it was easy.

But now it seem not to be possible.

Whi is it like this?

Sorry… Where is maintenance? Is under device settings?

Found it now. Under ”Try to repair”.

Not very intuitive

actually it is :slight_smile: As you are repairing it, right

I would not call it ”repair” to add or remove devices to a group.

Athom calls it “repair” as it’s designed as a re-pair dialog for doing similar things like in pair dialog (credentials etc).
But it’s the only way to show a device dependent custom view so we delepopers can only use this entry point to start own html views.

1 Like