[APP][Pro] Govee

Hello, I have several of the H6003 bulbs and wanted to ask if support could be added? if not already, These have been a great alternatives to my Lifx bulbs

Billy

link

I will probably someday. In the meantime you can use the unknown device to add ANY govee device the api supports. It only does not add the nice device picture. And that is the main work of adding them, drawing those vector images.

1 Like

I just got the govee envisual t2 kit (h605c), but I see that it’s not yet supported in this app. Will it be added Soon, or can I use the t1 to add?

Just looking for a simple flow to turn on the govee when the tv is turned on, and off when the tv is turned off.

Edit: sorry just saw this has been asked above :sweat_smile: when I add unkown device i get a [object response] back

Sounds good,… knowing i can use them is all need for now!

Thanks

I cant add the device H619A. I keep getting [object response]. LAN controle is activated in Govee app. Please can You help?

Please create an error report, see if i can see where it fails

Hi Vincent,

Here it is:

354c9c14-30ff-4c6d-8e6b-06598b604b2e

Hopefully You can help me

Kind regards,

Can You see what the problem is?

No the report isnt showing errors.
Can you try adding the device as unknown? Dont worry it has the same feature awareness as the device itself does, just not the icon.
See if that gets added or also gives the message

It does give the exact same response. Sadly.

Is there any other step I should have followed besides enabling the lan control in the app?

I get the very same error when adding the T2 as unkown device. If I look the screen shot above, I don’t see an lan control Option in the govee app.

Lan control is NOT used, it was introduced later, did not look at it yet.
So maybe disable it? See if it changes?

Stopping the LAN Control does not work. so after I plug in the govee for the first time, what exactly steps do I need to take to see it in homey?? Or do I have to do nothing and it should just be visible?

You need to add it in the Govee app so it becomes registered to your account, seems like you did. And make sure you connect it to your wifi. Then you get your govee api key and put it in the settings of my Homey app. Then you should be able to retrieve the list of devices when you add the govee device.
It should generate a list first, so both unknown (should list all devices in your account) and the device type should list the device in this case.

Your error mjggt mean indeed tgat the Govee api does not know any devices for your account. So check if your api key was requested with the account you added the device to in the govee app

It works! it was probably due to the Govee app not allowing location use. After changing these settings, I ran the process again and was suddenly able to add the device. I suspect that the Govee app did not have proper WiFi access. thanks for your time and effort. Keep up the good work

Hi Kaoh,

Could you please add the H61E1 M1 led strip? Or is it a current model compatible with mine?

Kind regards,
William

1 Like

Until i add support you might be able to add it through the unknown device type

Ok. I requested an API key and added it in your app and it works.
Thanks! :+1:t2:
Is there a way to select a specific mode like “red alert” or preselected mode?

hmm… I just read that “Limitations
The Govee API does only allow basic light operations, these are:
turn on/off
set color
set color temp
set brightness

too bad!

Hi,
Is it possible to add H6172?
Wounder how and where i should put in the API key in this app.:thinking:

Thanks in advance.