[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

Rebooting the app helped.

Another question… Is it possible to turn off the push from Eufy iOS-app that come everytime Homey switches arm mode?
I have tried to turn it off in the Home base notification meny, but after a while it is turned on again… Thinking that it must be the Eufy-app in Homey that changes the settings of notifications from the Home base?

Sorry for asking many questions :s

1 Like

@Peter_Stark no problem for asking questions!

Yes I force those notifications otherwise Homey cannot Read the selected Security mode.

2 things you can do:

Such a flow could indeed be used to change the Surveillance Mode in Heimdall. To bad there is no way to ‘talk back’ to the Eufy panel.

1 Like

@martijnpoppen, Hi Martijn, I can’t see my Eufy Outdoor Cam when I add a device. I made an extra Eufy login (without 2FA) and it works when I log in there. I have logged in to the Eufy Homey app and that seems to have gone well. Then I want to add my camera, but that doesn’t work. Get the message No device found. What am I doing wrong?

Hey @LX001
Did you share the device with your extra account?

If you did that and it doesn’t work you can share a diagnostic report with me. Might be that I need to include an serial number for the outdoor cam. :slight_smile:

Diagnostic report you can do via:

More - Apps - Eufy Security - Settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report

Yes, shared my device with the extra account. I have sent you the diagnostic report.

@LX001 Thanks,
Yes i see it coming back. Will add the device S/N.

Update comes in couple of minutes

Thnx for your superfast help! :+1:

1 Like

New app update (live: 2.11.6):

Changes:

• ADD: outdoor cam s/n

CC: @LX001

Do I have to do something now?

@LX001 If you install the latest version you can add the camera :slight_smile:

You can install it by going to the link in the update above and click install. It will force update the app

Yes it works!!! Thanx a lot.

1 Like

Hi Martijn, first of all big thanks for frequent updates you are making on the App. I have a question, I am not that impressed by Eufy’s PIR detection on the Eufy Cam 2, saying that, is there any way to have Homey to trigger the Eufy Cam 2 to wake up for recording? Eufy at this stage sells a PIR but is not IP67 and can only be used indoors. If I have some outdoor PIRs or perhaps a Ring doorbell, that could help the camera to be triggered earlier, because the field of view of the PIR is really limited (perhaps 8 meters) and only lateral movements.

Hey @TheDude

It’s possible to trigger the cam start the stream, but to start recording before there is motion is not possible.
The software continuous records, so we can’t force a motion detect recording.
I already checked that because I wanted to have snapshot functionality.

Only way I know is that you can connect a PIR from Eufy to connect it to your doorbell. not sure if that also works for the Eufy Cam 2?
I think if you put the PIR in something like this it will be possible? :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks Martijn, Eufy’s PIR can indeed be added in the Eufy app to trigger the Eufy Cam 2. Besides that you can have the Eufy Cams trigger each other as well, so if Cam1 is triggered it automatically can trigger Cam2 to wake up and to record.

The PIR “protection” structure seems like a good alternative :smiley:

Still the PIR / battery based motion detection of the Eufy cam 2 is not great IMHO.

1 Like

how come the notification on timeline doesn’t work with a flow in combination with the Eufy app?

Hey @Robjuh
Can you specify what part doesn’t work?
Is the flow failing?

If that’s the case. Please check your IP address of the Homebase. It might be a public IP.

You can see that at

More - apps - eufy security - config app

Find the IP for the Homebase in that view. Then match it with the IP in the official Eufy app.
You can find that IP at:

Eufy security → homebase → Settings → about

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Also checkout the FAQ Q4: [APP][Pro] Eufy Security - #4 by martijnpoppen

@martijnpoppen
flow works it changes the arming but it doesn’t put my text on the time line.

if I do a trigger if this flow is started and press the test button it works.

but not if the last person left home or if the first person came home.

@Robjuh
So when you click test you see green checkmarks?

You can reverse the cards maybe and try to put a 1 sec delay on the Eufy card

Thinking about it, if Eufy Cam 2 can be triggered by another Eufy product (Motion sensor or another camera), there must be something, at least in the Eufy domain, that enables the camera to wake up and record things. I wonder if there is any option from Homey’s side to do the same. But as you describe this is not possible.

Otherwise I was thinking perhaps to use Ikea Trådfri motion sensor underneath the roof overhang (because it is IP44). Any potential additional motion sensor for the lack of detection by the Cam 2 would be reducing these detection issues.