[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

@Remi_Romme it’s just inviting somebody to your house. This has been shared many times already.

Please also check: [APP][Pro] Eufy Security - #5 by martijnpoppen - Apps - Homey Community Forum

I can’t connect to any device now after the update and it doesn’t work through repairing it either.

@Marco3 checking it

It has now succeeded. I first tried to log in through an account that doesn’t exist. Of course, that didn’t work. Then mine again and that worked, so now it works again.

@Marco3 nice! glad it works again.:slight_smile:

Sorry for not reading 9000+ messages and only following the limited instructions on the app page… :unamused_face:

@Remi_Romme you are welcome!

:police_car_light: This is only a release to fix app crashes. Check latest status here

New app update (:green_square: LIVE: 3.42.8):

Changelog:

FIXES:
1: FIX: devices unavailable and login failing after another Eufy API change



:collision: If you find any issues, send a diagnostic report

:warning: Note: Before sending a report make sure to reproduce the issue so the issue will be visible in the report

  1. :mobile_phone: Via Homey Mobile app:
    More - apps - Eufy Security - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (add your email to the description)

  2. :laptop: Via Homey Webapp:
    Settings wheel bottom left - Select Eufy Security - Click on send diagnostic report (add your email to the description)



You can install this version by clicking the link (version number) above and press install

:fast_reverse_button: Don’t want to be part of a test version? Install the live version → Eufy Security | Homey


Hi Martijn,

I have a problem with one of my Eufy cameras in Homey: an Eufy S340, which I call “Kam Ytterdörr”.

The camera was working normally in Homey, but from one day to the next Homey lost communication with it. The camera still works normally in the official Eufy app.

What I have tried:

  • Updated the Eufy Security app in Homey to the latest version.

  • Removed the camera from Homey.

  • Removed the camera from Eufy.

  • Added the camera again to Eufy and then paired it again with Homey.

  • The problem remains.

My other Eufy cameras continue to work in Homey.

This makes me wonder whether this particular S340 has been migrated to the new Eufy V6/Mega backend, or has otherwise ended up between the old and new Eufy systems, as described in your app status post.

I have also created a diagnostic report immediately after reproducing the problem.

Diagnostic report ID:
6bdce2a0-cf1a-4573-a76f-bfddc7181f3a

Could you please check the diagnostic report and see whether it indicates that this S340 is affected by the Eufy V6/Mega migration or another Eufy API issue?

Thanks!

@Henning_Sorensen See latest status post [APP][Pro] Eufy Security - #5 by martijnpoppen

It seems that the notifications (in my case ‘crying detected’) trigger my flows again. Don’t know how or why…?

@Joep_Vullings yes correct. That’s exactly the state we’re in. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t. Not really a logical explanation for it. But for sure we need to move on to the new API’s

Hi Martijn,
Thanks for all the work you put into the app and for keeping it going through all these Eufy changes. Much appreciated.

I believe my issue matches the V6/Mega migration described in the status post.
Eufy Security 3.42.8, Homey Pro Early 2019.
My dedicated secondary account works in the official Eufy app and can see the Homebase and both cameras.
Repair fails with “Timeout after 30000ms”, and pairing the Homebase again fails with “Installation failed”.
I reproduced the issue and sent diagnostic report: 08716ccd-2666-464d-8ffd-4863da25091e.
I have left the existing devices untouched.
No action needed if this is simply the known V6 migration issue.

@Henrik_Muldgaard looks related to the migration
You can try a repair but I don’t think that would resolve it. But when you do please send a new report
The app is crashing a lot now a days.

Hi Martijn,

The app (3.42.8) crashes a few times a day here. Every time someone arrives or leaves and the three S3Pros detect someone, the app crashes. Apparently, this only happens when multiple cameras detect someone at the same time. I find this a bit strange because I don’t have any “when they detect something” flows set up on those cameras. If you’d like a report, please let me know.

Thanks Martin.
I tried the repair again as requested. It still fails with “Timeout after 30000ms”.
I sent a new diagnostic report immediately afterwards.
Diagnostic report ID: 3885c220-40ce-40d3-88f3-2cc-fefc8126b

I’ll leave the existing devices untouched for now and wait for the Mega migration work. Thanks for taking a look.

@Eric_Vanderplasschen please read this [APP][Pro] Eufy Security - #5 by martijnpoppen

@Henrik_Muldgaard yeah nothing I can do for now

Looking forward to the new app. The current app crashes when surveillance mode is altered thru flows.

Hi @martijnpoppen,

I have read your update about the Eufy Mega migration and unreliable notifications. I have already generated a diagnostic report after reproducing a partial event-delivery failure on Homey Pro, in case the logs are useful:

Diagnostic report: 370b89bd-823d-40ad-aefa-1c89394faf99
Eufy Security app: 3.42.8

Several cameras stopped reporting detections to Homey about 5–7 days ago, after previously working. Homey has always used a separate Eufy account with shared cameras. Detections and push notifications still work in the Eufy mobile app on that account.

On 7 September, we restarted the Homey Eufy app and then repeated walk tests in front of two affected cameras. Eufy notified correctly, but Homey showed no person, motion or generic alarm events. Another camera continued reporting person events to Homey during the same checks. All six cameras were shown as enabled and available in Homey.

One configuration difference: the working camera is associated with a separate station, while the other five are listed as their own station. All six use the OUTDOOR_CAM_PAN_TILT driver. This is only an observation, not a confirmed cause.

If this is entirely covered by the known migration issue, understood. Otherwise, could the report help check push-event delivery or device/station matching? Thank you for your work.

Romain