Thanks Martijn!
I’ll keep 3.42.6 running together with my watchdog for now and keep an eye on it.
Hopefully the new app will solve it.
Thanks for all the work you’re putting into it! ![]()
Hello,
Would it be possible to add an option in the app to control and switch between Continuous Recording and Event Recording?
For example, I would like to have continuous recording enabled when I am away from home, and then automatically switch to recording only events detected by the camera when I return home.
A practical example would be on my E30, where I would like the recording mode to change based on my presence status.
Thank you for considering this feature.
@Henrik_Lord Did you read the topic post of this topic.
At the moment Eufy is not working as it should.
A new app is maybe the solution.
https://community.homey.app/t/app-pro-eufy-security/44921/5?u=mike1233
Yes I did. And this is a suggestion to be added in the News version of the app that is in process.
@Henrik_Lord you can make this happen, make different Modes in the Eufy app, decide which functions you want each mode to have, then have Homey switch between the Modes using Smart Precense.
In the screenshots I see the water freeze sensor T8920.
Will this also be implemented in the new app?
I am looking forward to it.
@Jacques_Derks Yes it will be added!
Please edit your post to english ![]()
![]()
Hello,
Given the many crashes the Eufy app experiences every day, I’ve now installed the 3.42.6 test version as well.
The problem was that if three cameras detected the same person within a 20-second timeframe, the app would crash. (Two on the driveway, and one on the path to the front door).
However, no flows were linked to these movements.
The only flows I use are to turn the indoor and outdoor cameras on or off based on presence.
So this only worked partially, since the app would crash when we got home.
I’ll keep you posted on whether there are any improvements or not.
@Eric_Vanderplasschen also make sure to check [APP][Pro] Eufy Security - #5 by martijnpoppen - Apps - Homey Community Forum
I read everything carefully. I was secretly hoping the new version would fix my crash issue… Too bad—just now, the same problem happened again… It crashes when all three cameras detect something at the same time.
@Eric_Vanderplasschen yep unfortunately nothing I can do to resolve that at the moment
This is only a release to fix app crashes. Check latest status here
New app update (
LIVE: 3.42.7):
Changelog:
FIXES:
1: FIX: app crashes due to Eufy API changes. (this wont fix broken events)
If you find any issues, send a diagnostic report
Note: Before sending a report make sure to reproduce the issue so the issue will be visible in the report
Via Homey Mobile app:
More - apps - Eufy Security - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (add your email to the description)
Via Homey Webapp:
Settings wheel bottom left - Select Eufy Security - Click on send diagnostic report (add your email to the description)
You can install this version by clicking the link (version number) above and press install
Don’t want to be part of a test version? Install the live version → Eufy Security | Homey
I installed v3.42.7 at around 14:20 today and unfortunately the RAM issue still seems to occur.
I kept my HomeyScript watchdog running to monitor the Eufy Security app. After updating to 3.42.7, RAM again increased from around 115–120 MB to over 200 MB, together with a large CPU spike. My watchdog then restarted the Eufy Security app.
The same behaviour occurred again only a few minutes later, so it looks like the RAM issue is still present on my Homey.
I created a diagnostic report immediately after reproducing the issue:
Diagnostic report:
147e8e22-7f62-4438-8a64-024b30042744I also created a report around the time I installed 3.42.7:
a09fe47b-b00c-4bc0-b9f1-ba09c09aa7e9I’ll leave the watchdog running for now so I can keep an eye on it.
Greetings,
Jacky Pikaar / JaPi
@Jacky_Pikaar it’s a temporary fix. Not something which would resolve the issues. I’m also not going to fix it as i already mentioned before. So no need to send reports. This app is in maintenance mode. Bare minimum should stay alive. Progress on new app is way more interesting
Okay @martijnpoppen,
The progress on the new app is surely more important. ![]()
let you focus on the interesting stuff. ![]()
Looking forward to the new app!
After the update, the entire app no longer works.
97e565d9-2eea-422b-a8fd-09042e6aceb6
@Marco3 please try a repair. And be more specific
Just installed the E340 on my homey 2018.
It is a kind of hard to do, but i followed these steps:
- Create a new account
- Logged in on that account at https://mysecurity.eufylife.com/
(This was needed for my main-account to find the sub account) - Invite the second account by sharing the device (advanced)
- Insert the email of the second account, wait till the securitycode appears
- Then install the E340 in your Homey eufy security app
- Select your doorbell
- The main account will receive a message that the shared device is accepted (no securitycode needed i think?)
Took some seconds for the device to go “online”.
Just added it a couple of minutes ago, need to check if everything is working.
@martijnpoppen
Great work, the app no longer crashes here when multiple cameras detect someone at the same time.