FYI for ALL
if you want to see updated on the Eufy Mega migration for the SDK: You can follow updates on Discord: Eufy Mega
In the meantime, I’m working hard behind the scenes on the new Eufy Mega SDK together with other community Eufy developers from the Homebridge and Home Assistant ecosystems. Here’s a small sneak peek at what’s already supported! ![]()
I’m planning to build a single Eufy app for Homey based on this new SDK. This will eventually replace the current two apps (Eufy Security and Eufy Clean), so some migration will be required. I’ll share more details as development progresses!
Hi @martijnpoppen,
I’m using Homey Pro 2023 with a HomeBase 3 (S380).
I have:
- Created a secondary Eufy account.
- Shared the devices (not the home).
- Given the account Admin permissions.
- The shared account can see the HomeBase and cameras in the Eufy Security app.
However, Homey reports “No devices found” after login and 2FA.
Diagnostic report ID:
46dc80e4-805a-402d-acfb-f85e183a14ab
Could you please have a look?
Thanks!
@Michael_Jensen please check this: [APP][Pro] Eufy Security - #5 by martijnpoppen - Apps - Homey Community Forum
Same info was shared 3 post above yours as well…
Also please remove one of your posts as you send the same info twice
Thx
I tried to install eufy Wired Cam C31 Full HD but failed. You wrote that eufycam 31 will be added but is that the same as mine?
@Uwe_Seiboth correct but only in the app with the new SDK
The SDK which is currently in active development as you can see in the post you referred to
@Kenny_S I have the same problem, and other people also.
Did you read the first post?
https://community.homey.app/t/app-pro-eufy-security/44921?u=mike1233
Thank you.
Do you know if it’s possible to detect a crash and auto-restart the app?
@kenny_s Yes there are default homey cards for that
Looks great Martijn! Lots of success! Thanx in advance.
thats correct the only problem for me was that the flow cards dit not work ![]()
in the app you did see that it was chrashd>
but the flowcard dit not trigger the event.
if it is not working with the standard flow card then you can try this.
Make a homeyscript called Eufy RAM watchdog
const logs = await Homey.insights.getLogs();
const eufyRamLog = Object.values(logs).find(log =>
log.id === 'homey:manager:apps:com.eufylife.security-mem'
);
if (!eufyRamLog) {
throw new Error('Eufy RAM log not found');
}
const ram = Number(eufyRamLog.lastValue);
log(Eufy RAM: ${ram.toFixed(1)} MB);
if (ram === 0) {
log('⚠️ Eufy is using 0 MB - the app has probably stopped');
return true;
}
if (ram > 210) {
log('⚠️ Eufy is using more than 210 MB - restart required');
return true;
}
log('✅ Eufy RAM usage is normal');
return false;
Make after the script works a flow like this one.
This flow checks the Insights data of the Eufy app every minute.
I have it set up so that if the Eufy app’s memory usage goes above 210 MB, the Eufy app will automatically restart.
You can change the 210 MB threshold in the script if needed.
This is only a release to fix app crashes. Check latest status here
New app update (
TEST: 3.42.6):
Changelog:
FIXES:
1: FIX: app crashes due to Eufy API changes. (this wont fix broken events)
If you find any issues, send a diagnostic report
Note: Before sending a report make sure to reproduce the issue so the issue will be visible in the report
Via Homey Mobile app:
More - apps - Eufy Security - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (add your email to the description)
Via Homey Webapp:
Settings wheel bottom left - Select Eufy Security - Click on send diagnostic report (add your email to the description)
You can install this version by clicking the link (version number) above and press install
Don’t want to be part of a test version? Install the live version → https://homey.app/a/com.eufylife.security/
I’ve got it running now. Curious to see how it behaves ![]()
@Jacky_Pikaar nice! ps: english please ![]()
@martijnpoppen I think I found something interesting with 3.42.6.
At 22:12 I manually switched my HomeBase 3 to Away mode. My indoor camera then started detecting/recording events again (events at 22:12, 22:13 and 22:15).
Shortly after that, the Eufy app RAM suddenly increased:
22:14:55 121.42 MB
22:15:15 123.11 MB
22:15:25 131.82 MB
22:15:35 228.23 MB
22:15:45 232.23 MB
22:15:55 233.66 MB
22:16:00 0.00 MB
22:16:05 89.65 MB
22:16:15 115.64 MB
So it went from ~123 MB to ~234 MB in about 40 seconds and then the app restarted.
Before switching to Away / receiving the indoor camera events, RAM had been very stable around 119–126 MB for quite a while.
I have a HomeyScript watchdog running which checks the Eufy app RAM once per minute and restarts the app when the RAM gets too high. After a restart it also restores the correct HomeBase mode. At 22:16 the Eufy app restarted and Homey switched the HomeBase back to Home mode.
I’ve now added extra logging to my watchdog as well, so next time we’ll be able to tell for certain whether the watchdog initiated the restart or whether the Eufy app crashed/restarted by itself.
It looks like 3.42.6 is definitely more stable for me during normal operation, but activity/events from the indoor camera may be triggering the rapid RAM increase.
I’ll keep testing ![]()
@Jacky_Pikaar thanks for the investigation. Really strange that this happens but I’m almost certain it has to do with the changes in the eufy APi.
I’ll keep focussing on the new app and hopefully can get that out soon!








