[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

Report created: 5601a791-a205-4828-a43b-97599f6d9c34

From the loitering card disappearing:

1 Like

Thanks @Damian and @martijnpoppen!

The e340 doorbell has no need for a HomeBase as it has 8GB storage and local AI built-in

I have it now to test and must say that notifications are quite fast. It’s wired too, on the existing doorbell wiring.
Really like the video quality and extra camera for packages at the doorstep.
And extra’s like face recognition and pre-recording seems useslfull too.

Trying the Netatmo Video Doorbell tomorrow too.

1 Like

Correct. But Homebase connected devices are most of the time faster

In Homey you mean, or in the Eufy app as well?
Any experience with the Minibase Chime as well?

@Henk_Renting both. When you connect the Homebase the communication goes via the Homebase. The Homebase is powered so that always faster than a battery device ( the 12v from your existing doorbell doesn’t count as powered)

Yes that also works with homey and is considered a homebase

Ok, thx for the tip @martijnpoppen.
Since the doorbell is connected to wifi itself I would think that that would be faster than with an extra device like a Homebase/Chime in between.

I’ll be sure to test it with the Chime connected too. Thx!

1 Like

@Henk_Renting See it as Zigbee. When a device has power it’s a router when its battery based it’s a end device. This kinda works the same.

1 Like

Hello,

Is setup the Homey eufy app using a secondary eufy account (invited it as a resident inside the eufy app) but I can’t seem to get the Entry Sensor updating its status in Homey. I do get the notifications from the eufy app.

Although my use case might not be ideal. I’m planning to use the sensor as a way to turn on the lights in our garage (from an inside door). Seeing as I need to have notifications turned on, this might not be the best solution :sweat_smile: Maybe I should look at another brand for a door sensor (Hue?) or work with a motion sensor?

@simtom yep notifications are needed for all eufy devices

Let me know if you want me to check anything

Gotcha, so not really a valid option then for what I want to do.

But yes, I seem to have some issues with the app not updating the alarm status of the entry sensor. Like I said, I did create a second account and logged in with that but doesn’t seem to be working. Same actually with my video doorbell and backyard camera, their last update was 16 days ago.

@simtom please Check FAQ Q1 [APP][Pro] Eufy Security - #4 by martijnpoppen - Apps - Homey Community Forum

Yep, that’s all set correctly.

@simtom can you restart the eufy app and send a diagnostics report?

After a power outtage, the connection from Homey Pro to Eufy (homebase 2 + doorbell) is lost and I cannot reconnect. The Eufy Security app gives a suggestion in the error message that I cannot find in my Eufy App (go to Homebase - onderhoud - repareren). Any suggestions?

@Frits_Roest please send a diagnostic report

e8e3a5ba-dddb-4e72-8183-4213cfcc8f89

@Frits_Roest looks like you restarted the app before sending a report. please reproduce your issue and send a new report so the error will be logged

Configureren gestart, zelfde foutmelding, diagnose gestart:
6df8d29b-6e06-4b1d-b5d9-1a37a70c9c5f

Ik heb de app al een keer verwijderd en opnieuw geĂŻnstalleerd, maar dat gaf hetzelfde resultaat.

@Frits_Roest this is a english topic please translate your post.

I don’t see anything in your logs. It’s the same as the previous one. did you restart before sending it?