[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

Thank for the great app. Just bought my first Eufy camera and I’ve been trying to generate some working flows. I couldn’t find answer or functionality for presets. Is it possible to use Eufy app preset camera positions through Homey?

Idea is to make the camera turn into preset (door) when door sensor generates an alarm.

Any way to get this to work through Homey?

@Jari_Peuhkurinen thanks!

Currently it’s not possible to activate presets. But you can use the rotate flowcard

1 Like

Hi,
After a long time using the snapshot function i have now decided that i want tot activate all push notifiations from the Eufy App to be able to reacts with flows to the events, even if I’m at home.
But it seems that i cannot get the notifations from Homey deactivated, i keep on getting a notification of movement (E330) and a snapshot. But I have deactivating that completely ( I think)
I hope that you have an idea how to manage that.

Hi @Cor_De_Rooij
Check FAQ Q1 [APP][Pro] Eufy Security - #4 by martijnpoppen - Apps - Homey Community Forum

Maybe i have explain my problem not correctly, i want to enable all notifications from Eufy into Homey, but i dont want to get Homey notifications without configurng that. Now Homey is giving me a snapshot and notification when someone i seen on the E330.
I don’t see the answer in #4

@Cor_De_Rooij homey does not automatically give you notifications so you probably have a flow for that

I have checked all my flows again, but no flows doing anything with this anymore.
Can it be that some flow actions are not properly deleted after i have adjusted them?
I have already restarted Homey but that didn’t help.

@Cor_De_Rooij no idea
Can you provide a example with what you mean? It’s a bit guessing right now

Sorry Martijn,
I can totally understand your point, I also really don’t understand it.

I’ll try:
I still get a notification from Homey with I have had before in my Flows. But i have taken out that completely and still the notifications are there.

1 Like

@Cor_De_Rooij that’s not eufy maybe you have a notification based on a zone motion?

Okay, but the text “beweging huis zicht (event)” was something I had in a flow before, but not anymore.
Thanks for trying to help me, but I think I’m stuck :frowning:

1 Like

I bumped into the following issues. Any help would be much appreciated. This is on the E340 wireless doorbell without Homebase and battery powered only. App v3.29.4 test.

• Snapshots do not work. I’ve setup the Eufy app according to the Q&A. In the Homey device settings I’ve enabled snapshots and tried with both “force thumbnail notifications” on and off.
  • The “Someone is loitering” card sometimes dissapears
  • I have no “toggle light” card.

@Takie
Yes the snapshot doesn’t work: [APP][Pro] Eufy Security - #6074 by martijnpoppen

For the other 2 please send a report when it occurs again

Hi, I bought Home Base 3 and I still have a problem :confused: Snapshot doesn’t work, I will still send a report:

024a3e1b-11cb-44b0-89e4-75466d4b77b7

I restarted the app and it seems to work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does Homey use the eufy cameras to detect an activity in a zone (the room the camera is in ?)
Can I set how long no activity happens before the zone goes inactive ?

@Yair_Regev Yes, only if you enable the generic alarm in the device settings, then it will activate zone activity.

It’s currently set to 15 seconds. And it’s not configurable

I am thinking of buying a Eufy Video Doorbell E340 (the dual camera without the need of a Homebase)

How is the notification speed nowadays (in Homey and in the Eufy app)? I see a lot of different reviews about it. I am on glass fiber 1Gb internet up/down and WiFi accesspoint is just behind the doorbell.
And how is this doorbell performing otherwise?

I am looking for a doorbell without a subscription. Another option could be the Netatmo Video Doorbell as I already have a Netatmo (Bticino) doorbell at the ground flour entrance of our apartment building…

1 Like

Without Home Base 3, notifications were almost instantaneous (in homey). However, without Home Base 3, do not count on an up-to-date screenshot from the doorbell camera, we wrote about it a few posts above.

Everything works perfectly in the eufy app

1 Like

@Henk_Renting the sensor info in homey is read from the eufy notifications.

So example:

Person detected → notification → homey - flow

So there’s always a delay, but the Homebase 3 is just a bit quicker as it is a powered device instead of a battery device