[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

@Luca_Lorenzi sounds more like a Homey issue than a Eufy issue. I can’t control those indicators. I would suggest contacting Homey Support

1 Like

@martijnpoppen I’ve restarted homey (using the button :wink: ), triggered the motion alarm. Got a notification from the Eufy Android app, but not through Homey.

Diagnostic Report: 0d268e46-576e-421b-b7bd-5ebbbb2b2b21

@Daan_Dagevos can you try to trigger person detection instead of motion?

@martijnpoppen this was noted as Human in the Eufy app. Bit difficult to trigger motion without it being human :wink:

HI @Jitte
You are in the English Eufy Topic
Please translate your post to English OR delete it and post it in the Dutch subtopic: [APP][Pro] Eufy Security (nl)

And if you experience any issues with the app, like pairing, it’s best to send a Diagnostic Report: [APP][Pro] Eufy Security - #2 by martijnpoppen

@Daan_Dagevos Hmm alright. This is really strange. I saw a message coming in, but it is completely empty. I looks like a issue in the SDK.

I’ll investigate, but not sure if I can fix that myself

@martijnpoppen interesting… let me know if you need anything else!

@martijnpoppen today I received a doorbell + homebase 3. Installed those. The doorbell correctly sends out all the information to Homey. But the Wall Light does nothing… :frowning:

Such a weird issue, since they’re connected in the same way.

@Daan_Dagevos yep as said seems like issue in the sdk

@martijnpoppen not sure how, but the event image has been send to homey now. Only the detection (either people or motion) is not being send.

Is this issue in the SDK something I can bring under the attention of Eufy as well?

@Daan_Dagevos ah image might be possible

No the SDK is 3rd party and reversed engineered. Eufy is not supporting 3rd party integrations nor do they have a API

@martijnpoppen okay, keeping my fingers crossed then :wink:

1 Like

I have a problem with the snapshots. Basically, I am able to create and receive snapshots. A movement is recognized, a snapshot is created, this is sent as a message or saved via ftp. This process also works when testing, but it usually takes two attempts. If I then wait and the system recognizes a movement outside a test, for example, a snapshot is created, but the old image remains, and no current image is created. It seems as if the old image remains in the memory. Most recently, I received a photo from the night for a whole day every time movement was detected. This applies to both the self-hosted and the public snapshot. Is this a bug in my configuration?

@rosei you can probably fix this by adding a small delay to your flow

Hi Martjin, this is the answer of the support:
“I contacted Development to ask how the status indicator is set to understand if it is something the Homey App does or if the Eufy Security App is responsible. In this case it looks like the status is set dynamic and the reboot causes it to be set to default again. Development can’t change that and so the App Developer should take a look again to fix this issue. Please let him know that he has his own channels to request help from Development directly in case he needs it, but for now this seems like an App issue.”
Can you please check again?

@Luca_Lorenzi which camera?

2C and s220!

@Luca_Lorenzi S220 doorbell or camera

Camera

Hi Martjin,
I just installed an E340 door bell with dual cam to my existing Eufy system including Homebase. Now, I would like to open our door when a specific person is detected via Nuki. I know, Nuki by itself can do this as well on arrival, but my wife does not want to use this function, because it opens too soon and the dogs are storming out the house when she is still in the car. But when the dogs are with her in the morning, she would appreciate the door unlatching itself.
I tried the flow with just person detection and Nuki opens the door just fine.
I understood, that the “Person detected” card provides a flow specific tag “Person” - I just cant find this tag / variable anywhere. Please see the screenshots what I can choose from either using the And logic card “contains or exact” …
I searched this thread and the whole forums for “flow specific tag” and how to find / use it, but have not found a solution.

Please excuse if this is just about me not knowing Homey flows good enough yet, but since it is about the Eufy app, I thought it is still the best place to ask. I am just transferring my complete system from Hubitat to Homey - still learning.
Many thanks in advance!
Tom