[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

Oh that’s great. I didn’t know that it also works without home base :wink: I have a Sonso speaker, can I use it for automation with a bell? as a chime?

Yeah @Damian , when “doorbell pressed”, you can play a sound you have saved with the "Soundboard app. The Sonos must be included in Homey.

1 Like

New app update (:green_square: LIVE: 3.27.6):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: None

FIXES:
1: FIX: self hosted snapshot service, timings issue

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Eufy Security - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

You can install the test version by clicking the link above and press install

Don’t want to be part of this test version? Install the live version → Eufy Security App for Homey | Homey

1 Like

@martijnpoppen i found this workaround to automate my security system.
I read the steps on your first post but it seems i can’t get this to work.

I have the home base 3 with several Eufycam 3 camera’s and an Eufy dual 2 pro doorbell.

Could you please help me with the steps I need to follow?
Do I need to purchase this specific homey device? Or is it just the app I need?

Hi @Marc_Sijbrands
You need a Homey to use this app. This is specifically made for Homey

Hi @martijnpoppen, I am playing around with Home Assistant and have set up an rtsp stream via WebRTC for my cameras that support it.
At first it worked fine, but at one point I got an error message “mse streams wrong response on describe”. I could not find the answer for a solution on the Home community, but I have now discovered that when I repair a device in Homey, the stream in Home Assistant works again.
I have now logged in to Eufy for Homey with another account, but even then the stream stops again at some point.
Do you have any idea why that stream works again after the repair in Homey and then stops again after a while?

Hi @Heula
Ehm this is Homey, not home assistant.
No idea why it wouldnt work. You’re probably using the same account in Homey and home assistant. And that doesn’t work properly.

Edit, Oh you changed that already.
No idea but this seems a home assistant issue and not Homey related

Hi @martijnpoppen I know this is Homey and not HA but I figured you might have a answer to it.
I will continue my search for an answer.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello, I ordered an E340, I forgot to ask how it handles wifi? Does my Aqara G4 have a relatively good range, because it connects to the chime gong it has a very small range ;/ I bought a Google Nest Mini gen 2 as a chime gong, we’ll see how it works :slight_smile:

Confirm it works again, thank you for the fix ! :+1:

1 Like

@Damian i had zero issues with wifi. And the Doorbell was like 10 meters away from the nearest wifi pod

Hey, last question.

The snapshot description says “Enable the snapshot feature in the device settings. (max allowed snapshots per day: 30)”

Does this mean that I can download 30 snapshots a day via homey? and nothing more?

Is there any option that is unlimited? like self hosting snapshots?

@Damian see FAQ Q13 [APP][Pro] Eufy Security - #4 by martijnpoppen - Apps - Homey Community Forum

Yes, I’ve already read that, including point A0 :slight_smile:

I wanted to ask if 30 snapshots is still the current limit? and does own hosting eliminate this limit?

@Damian no the limit is still 30. That is to reduce server costst. As it is a free to use service provided by me.

Self hosting is unlimited :slight_smile:

ok, I thought the manufacturer was blocking something.

I haven’t had much luck with smart products lately, I wanted a smart socket with energy measurement, it measures it but only in its app (and it does matter) - Meross

The E340 is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, I hope it will be better than the Aqara G4.

Aqara has a nice price, it works properly, the only minus is that it has to communicate with the chime gong control unit and when it is more than 4-5 meters away, there are problems with a smooth image.

If I buy Eufy Base 3, will it change anything regarding snapshots or do I have to buy a separate device that will have Docker?

Sorry for my English.

Dear Martijn,

Is it possible to add the new Indoor Cam C220 to the app soon?
Indoor Cam C220 | eufy NL

@Rubelke it’s not added to the SDK yet: [Feature request]: Support for Eufy - Indoor Cam C220 · Issue #496 · bropat/eufy-security-client · GitHub

@Damian , the “snapshot” feature is a “on-demand snapshot” feature. You can send a command from Homey to the doorbell, and it returns the image (limit 30) to Homey. The function that sends a image if you have movement detection on or the doorbell is pressed (check FAQ Q1), it is not a part of the 30 limit. If you wish to take more then 30 “on demand snapshots” in 24 hours, you have to by a equipment that can run docker (Not a homebase).

2 Likes

@Marius_Stensrod Thanks!

2 Likes