[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

Thanks Martijn, I will contact Arie for this.

1 Like

Hi @martijnpoppen , I have figured out a way to get the image names right with a BLL code.
So far so good but the selfhosted snapshots seem not to be working for my Cam 2c pro and the S340 solocam.

This is the standard image I get the whole time.

large

For my 2k wireless doorbell it works fine.

215f6523-e976-438c-ad38-e52e475fa058

Thanks.

@Heula and with the cloud service you experience the same?

Edit: looks like you used the wrong url for your self hosted service according to your report

Solved it, I needed to portforward the port for this in my Ziggo modem to my nas.
All working fine now.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi all, the app is working quite well for me and Iā€™m able to use the various cams and sensor in my flows. I do have one challenge with the door sensor;
when I open the door, the sensor is triggered and while the door is opened, the Eufy Security app shows itā€™s opened. When i close the door, the Eufy Security app shows itā€™s closed again.
Butā€¦the Homey app shows an ā€˜alarmā€™ as soon as the door is opened, but this alarm remains active for a certain time. Closing the door, doesnā€™t stop the alarm status.
This prevents me from using the sensor to set the room to active, which turns on the lights, because now the rooms stays active until the alarm is gone, which takes a long long time,.
Does anyone have an idea how I can solve this? or a workaround?

Thanks

Hi @martijnpoppen - this looks great and was actually one of the reasons I decided to bite the bullet and buy a Homey Pro. I use a Eufy Video Doorbell (S330) and wanted to configure automations with it. I saw your app and assumed it would work.

I have followed the instructions and canā€™t see any devices. I noticed on the u/name + p/word screen that there is a region with US & UK - Iā€™m from Australia. I assume this is the problem.

Is there any way to get it working here in AUS? I noticed another post where you mentioned that selecting the US should suffice.

I have created a second Admin account and shared the device, following the instructions. I am using the Video Doorbell through the Homebase Chime. I have tried adding both the doorbell directly and the Chime on both US & EU regions. All options show the same message.

@SquidCranium Hi
Please send a diagnostic report.

And no AUS is EU for Eufy: https://extend.eufylife.com/domain/AUS

Edit: Did you login with your extra admin account on the official eufy app to approve the shared devices?

Hi @Job_Zwollo
do you have push notifications enabled for your door sensors in the security modes?
See Q1 [APP][Pro] Eufy Security - #4 by martijnpoppen - Apps - Homey Community Forum

Hi Martijn,
I do have notifications enabled and I get them in the Eufy Security app.
The strange thing is that after the sensor is triggered in Homey (shown with the yellow dot in the sensor icon) it stays triggered. So, it doesnā€™t revert back to not triggered. This keeps the room active.

@Job_Zwollo please send a diagnostic report. after the door noitifcation

Hi @martijnpoppen, Iā€™m still having problems with the self-hosted snapshots.
Just when I think it works because I see real images, I am then shown the standard Eufy picture again.
This is for all the cameras and doorbells I have.
Snapshot to the cloud does work but are old images. :woman_shrugging:

After previously using port 3000, I now used the port from your example 8009.
NAS firewall on or off makes no difference.
Both port 3000 and 8009 are port forwarded in the Ziggo modem to the IP address of my NAS.
In the image below you see two different port setups in Docker, but both have the same problem.

When I take a snapshot to the cloud it seems to trigger something that ensures that I seem to get the right images again. I say seems because the snapshots that go to the cloud are old images and they are therefore sent via the self-service snapshots.

In any case, something is not going well with snapshots to the cloud and with self-service snapshots.

Any idea whatā€™s going wrong or what Iā€™m doing wrong?
Previously you indicated that the URL I used was incorrect, but that is the IP address of my NAS and the port I used at the time.
Now I have set the URL this way because I changed the port to 8009 as in your example.

Capture_1155

Thank you.

Hi @Heula As said in Q13 im not giving support on the self hosted snapshot feature.
I created it so users can set it up themselves. But i already have a lot of support tasks on all my apps.

also make sure to check Q13, because it mentions which port you need to map (Q13 - A3)

And I indeed said previously that the url was wrong. At least Homey couldnā€™t reach it.

I know you do not provide support but snapshots to the cloud also do not seem to work correctly because it sends old images.

469b4475-26f2-4e36-bb33-0e2be8e087f9

@Heula please send a report after you tried a snapshot, HP23 caps of the report to 150 lines

Hi @martijnpoppen , just cretaed a cloud snapshot of my doorbell.
Image taken on 17:47 and the image is from this morning 09:01

7812a8a4-f5af-4346-9696-5dcce102e2f6

@Heula It looks like your camera is refusing a live stream. Itā€™s just not starting. So nothing is send to the server, nothing received, so youā€™re sending the old image to yourself.

This could either be that the camera is off or in a sleep mode.

Cameraā€™s were all online but after I turned all devices off and on again after 30 seconds and restarting the homebase 3 all seems to be good again.
Hope it stays that way and if not I know what to try at first.

Thanks.

1 Like

@martijnpoppen Thank you for this great app! Iā€™m a new Eufy user, and your app and the magic of Homey makes this product even better!

My camera (or maybe all Eufy cameras) supports different preset positions and a default view. I have a scenario that I would like the position of the camera to be different when I am at home than when I am away. Is there no way to set the default position to a different preset position with a Homey Flow Card?

Hey @rh_rh
Thanks!
At the moment thatā€™s not possible.
I have to check if it can be integrated. will come back on that

2 Likes

Iā€™m currently only able to get the standard image even with the cloud service.
Iā€™ve tried restarting the app, should I try to restart the camera or can I do something else?
I have eufy pan tilt 2k, e220 and floodlight cam 2 pro
Used to work fine about a week ago?