[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

@Kees_Te exactly what @Anders_Gregow says., The new doorbell E340 does work without a Homebase. So it’s a standalone device. But keep in Mind Homey does’nt replace the Eufy app it’s just a extra integration to create automaitons

Hi there! I see that this app does not support the Eufy Security Pet Camera. Is that something that could be added in the future? I would be happy to help with testing, if needed.

@cscottbrown correct its not part of the Eufy security app but has its own ecosystem. As far as i know theres no reverse engineered solution anywhere for this camera and i dont expect anything for that.

I dont have the tools to completely reverse engineer it.

@martijnpoppen I see, thanks for the update. I guess I’ll need to hunt down a different treat-flinging camera for my cat!

1 Like

@cscottbrown im afraid so yes :frowning:

Of Eufy ever gets a official API it would be possible. But as long every is reversed engineered its quite a challenge

1 Like

New app update (:green_square: LIVE: 3.21.7):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: NEW: add MiniBase Chime (T8023)
2: NEW: Add Doorbell E340 (T8214)
3: NEW: Add preparation for Indoor Cam S350 (T8416) (hardware access required)
4: NEW: Add eufyCam E330 Professional (T8600)
5: NEW: Add eufyCam S340 Pan and Tilt (T8170)
6: NEW: Add support for device which can be stand-alone and connected to Homebases
7: NEW: Migrate app to HomeyCompose
8: NEW: add flowcards to new cameras
8: NEW: prepare for Homey Cloud

FIXES:
1: FIX: Repair not working for some devices
2: FIX: T81A0 - S120 (implement missing types)
3: FIX: Country code for EU
4: FIX: deprecate stream cards
5: FIX: remove persistent data in userdata - fix
6: FIX: energy saving for battery devices
7: FIX: Security mode for Homebase
8: FIX: images not updating

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Eufy Security - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

3 Likes

First of all, thanks to martijnpoppen for all the work. I am really strugglering with the Eufy and I think it is on my side.However I think that a guide (from A-Z) would be in place and I am willing to contribute in that (and for a lot of other Homey applications). For now I don’t even understand where the fault is. Is it the Eufy trick with an extra “adminaccount” or something else. On my side I have created the “adminaccount” that has been shared through the Eufy app. Homebase3 found in Homey and then I get lost. Where should I enter the admin account when I add the E340 doorbell? Everything is A/OK in Eufy but I can not get the doorbell to be present in Homey.

@pjotr not really sure what your mean. But you can have only. 1 account in Homey for Eufy so you have to make sure all devices are shared to the same account

Hi,
Any update on support for SoloCam C210?

1 Like

@simonhansen yes i made the basic functionality. Well have to wait until the next update of the Eufy Library to continue the support. As i dont have the tools to reverse engineer it

Thank you for this app. For the cameras this supports this is working well.

1 Like

Thanks @Mark-AppMyHome !!!

When you see your HB3, your login with the second account was succesfull. You don’t have to enter your credentials for it anymore. Simply add a new device using the Eufy Security app in your Homey and choose the device you want to add. Homey searches for new devices and adds them.

Can’t go wrong (normally spoken).

1 Like

@martijnpoppen first of all many thanks for the time and effort to develop this app!

I have the E340 doorbell, homey pro 2023 (same network), Homey Eufy app v3.21.9 (experimental). The doorbell is set to “home” with push notifications enabled in the standalone Eufy app. In Homey I connected to my Eufy via an additional admin account

Some things seem to work and some don’t.
What works:

• Changing security mode in Homey propagates to standalone Eufy app
  • Changing on/off state via Homey works

What doesn’t work:

• Changing on/off in standalone Eufy app does not propagate to Homey
  • A doorbell press is not registered in Homey (but it does in the standalone Eufy app)

Anything I can try to fix this (except restarting/repairing)? Especially the doorbell press would be nice to have it working in Homey!

Many thanks

@Takie please try to restart the Eufy app in Homey. Sometimes the notification service is not set-up correctly

New app update (:green_square: LIVE: 3.21.10):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: none

FIXES:
1: FIX: notification service didn’t start properly

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Eufy Security - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

@martijnpoppen I tried repairing/restarting again multiple times, but unfortunately no improvement. Is there anything else I can try or might have missed?

@Takie hard to say…

Please:

@martijnpoppen I did some more restarting, but also removed and re-added the doorbell in Homey and now suddenly the doorbell press works! Hopefully it remains stable.

Thanks again for your all your efforts and quick replies !

1 Like

@martijnpoppen , thank you for another great app! Overall it works great, but i have a couple of questions:
Nr.1: After every restart of the app/update of the app, the indicator for my doorbell changes to temperature. My cameras do not change the indicator that i have set. Is this something you can resolve, or do i have to contact Athom?

Doorbell: Doorbell Battery (1080P/2K)
Camera: eufyCam 2C

Nr.2: The Battery of the doorbell drops 6% every day, and it is configured too only make a recording everytime the doorbell is pressed. Can your implementation be one of the causes of this rapid battery drain? I am avare of that the temperature and how often i look with the camera live, is also a root cause of rapid battery drain (I never look live with the camera). I have not tried the doorbell without using your app.

Regards
Marius