[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

Great :blush:

1 Like

Lost connection again

81e93988-4d81-40f4-80f1-a7e9242d3e56

This time a restart of the app fixed it

@Marcus_Bitterling what do you mean exactly with lost connection? is it a single camera? or all eufy devices?

Itā€™s the E340 and I mean the connection between the homey app and the doorbell seems to be lost. I see an old image from several hours ago and also the doorbell is unresponsive when I for instance switch it off or change modes. I have temperature displayed in the tile and this is also stuck at a value from several hours ago.

@Marcus_Bitterling so how is the connection for your E340? Standalone? connected to minibase chime, Homebase 2 or Homebase 3?

Next to that the image never updates only when you had a event. FAQ Q3

Unresponsiveness can be due to wifi not responsive anymore. I saw this with the S340 aswell.
I had it before and a reset of my doorbell fixed that. I was a glitch in the Eufy firmware

Also did you update your doorbell to the latest firmware? Eufy provided fixes for wifi connection

Connected to mini base chime and all on latest firmware. Iā€™m not aware of WiFi problems and think thatā€™s highly unlikely because both doorbell and chime are within 1m of the access point. Also never had connection issues in the app.
I know the update logic but there have been several events and it shows one from before the connection dropped

@Marcus_Bitterling iā€™m not talking about your wifi
itā€™s in the doorbell itself. The Eufy app is a offical app. This app isnā€™t so connection is not completely the same :wink:

and you have setup the correct settings?

Iā€™m not sure what you mean by correct settings?
I guess so because it works up until the connection with homey app drops.
Logged in with a second resident account.
Also you are mentioning WiFi problems but what exactly do you mean by that?

@Marcus_Bitterling correct settings for notificaitons: [APP][Pro] Eufy Security - #4 by martijnpoppen - Apps - Homey Community Forum Q1

There are issues from the Eufy side causing the camera to drop out.
This is not fixed yet in this integration as the minibase chime is not fully supported yet.

When connecting standalone or to a Homebase2/3 it works properly

please note that you are using the TEST version and that the integration for these new devices is not final yet

I checked notifications and thatā€™s correct.
I have connected doorbell and mini base chime to a dedicated 2.4GHz network and will check if that helps.

In spite both devices are connected now to a dedicated 2.4GHz, connection is lost again and homey app shows an old image, is unresponsive to eg changing modes and doesnā€™t update.
Seems to happen overnight each time.
31dfbd05-c75f-40d6-9f23-2c22325de153

After homey app restart connection established again. Not sure if itā€™s relevant but also made a diagnostic rapport after this.
c0491b46-e0d8-46d2-b3f4-4dad08deb93f

@Marcus_Bitterling not much i can do
As mentioned the minibase chime is not fully implemented yet. And you are in the TEST version. So this is something that can happen

I understand.
Perhaps itā€™s better to use the official app? Or is the mini base chime not supported in that one?

@Marcus_Bitterling no not yet as it is work in progress :wink:

I am really strugglering with Homey and Eufy. Maybe this is a shortcut from my side. Saying this I have been on the topic for some time. What I donā€™t understand why Eufy canĀ“t connect to Homey as it did before. Homebase 3 connecting, cameras connecting but not E340 doorbell. Tried the ā€œadmin-accountā€ trick but I do no get it to work. Sorry if I havenĀ“t scrolled the thread and looked for all the answers.

@pjotr because the e340 is not live yet. So you have to wait until it is supported

Ok, understand that You are working on it. Any prognosis?

@pjotr yes theres a test version [APP][Pro] Eufy Security - #4871 by martijnpoppen

Can you use the Eufy Cam 3 and the Eufy doorbell without the Homebase, if you set everything up via Homey Pro?

And what would be the benefits if you also buy the Eufy Homebase?

They only work via homebase for Homey.

1 Like