[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

New app update (test: 3.4.10):

Changelog:

FIXES:
1: FIX: remove alarm_motion from Door sensor
2: FIX: show error page for Eufy Stream (Patched by Eufy :frowning: )
3: FIX: remove cover_path Image update (Patched by Eufy :frowning: )

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Eufy Security - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

1 Like

Thanks for quick reply! :slight_smile:

Then it’s understandable. You’re doing great work. Much appreciated! :muscle:

2 Likes

Hi Martijn,
Hope you can help me with something. I’m trying to sync the security mode between a homebase and a Floodlight 2K Pro with an advanced flow.

Unfortunately it seems like a security mode change of the Homebase doesn’t trigger the flow. If I start it manually in Homey it works fine, but when I change the security mode of the Homebase via Homey it doesn’t seem to trigger, while the security mode changes for sure. (based on the Eufy app) I’ve build in a one sec delay in order to prevent Homey that Homey activates the wrong THAN-card. Also, when I switch modes via the Eufy App, it doesn’t sync with Homey, only the other way around. Any ideas on how to solve this?

Hey @Arjen_Baatje
Make sure the Homebase notifications are enabled:

Hi Martijn, thanks for your quick reply. Settings are exactly as the printscreen you sent.

@Arjen_Baatje did you try to restart the Eufy app in Homey? Sometimes that might fix the issue with the notification service :slight_smile:

@martijnpoppen Yes, that did the job! To bad I didn’t came up with this idea myself. :wink: Thanks again for the quick response!

1 Like

@Arjen_Baatje yeah it seems like that when adding multiple devices the notification service crashes instead of starting up properly. Will have a look at that soon :slight_smile:

New app update (live: 3.5.2):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: NEW: add notification for Eufy Patch

FIXES:
1: FIX: remove alarm_motion from Door sensor
2: FIX: show error page for Eufy Stream (Patched by Eufy :frowning: )
3: FIX: remove cover_path Image update (Patched by Eufy :frowning: )
4: FIX: Show error image for motion images/thumbnails (Patched by Eufy :frowning: )

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Eufy Security - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

Hi I give this image motion detected. Can I fix it? 1 week ago it is work perfect.

It is a bug report 14520f8c-34a4-45e4-980d-0b3920933526

Hey @Felho
As the image explains: Eufy patched the API. Nothing I can do at this moment.

You also got a message on your timeline which refers to this forum post: [APP][Pro] Eufy Security - #4 by martijnpoppen

I did put that placeholder image there, otherwise all your Eufy flows will break. :confused:

I see thanks.

Hopefully we can find a fix! Already looking for ways to update it, but no luck yet.

4 Likes

Keeping fingers crossed…I believe that the “patch” is actually related to this issue maybe ?

1 Like

@Sharkys yes it is. They’re actively patching everything at the moment.

Here i’ll post the latest updates: [APP][Pro] Eufy Security - #4 by martijnpoppen - Apps - Homey Community Forum

2 Likes

Which on the one hand is great, Eufy being proactive about security, but on the other it’s a nuisance

1 Like

Martijn, do I read it correctly on Github that there is a way to decrypt the new encryption of the images and/or stream? You merged it into a new version? Is it about to be released?

Keep up the good work!!

Hi @martijnpoppen
Is there still an aspiration in this new release to remove the need for notifications? I remember reading this somewhere in the thread but I have forgotten…

Many thanks,
Nick

Hey @FranklyEpic
Yeah it was, but I hit the limits of the API everytime. Eufy locks a user out if the requests are too frequent. Next to that with the latest encryption changes in the API it’s even harder to do this.

So I don’t think it will be possible soon to do something like that

1 Like

@Roger_Gorissen for the stream : yes

Still some work needs to be done, but seems like we could get it working again :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes