[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

Hey @mmeijden ,

That’s strange.
You can send me a diagnostic report and I’ll check what is wrong.
You can do that via the mobile Homey app:

More - apps - Eufy Security - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report

I’ve created the report. Note that i’ve tried it on both the latest experimental version and the GA version. Do you need the unique id?

@mmeijden No I get a email :slight_smile:

So you should get an Notification when the alarm is “alarming” but I don’t see this notification in your log.
Do you get an notification in the Eufy app on your phone?

Yes, Eufy is sending out the notifications that the alarm is triggered. In the event log of Eufy i can also see it appearing “Alarm activated due to the triggering of Living Room” (which is one of my motion sensors)

Hi @martijnpoppen ,

I’m struggeling with motion detection with my eufycam 2c pro for a while now.
A little hit or miss and I can’t put my finger on it.
Help from Eufy did not get me far either, remove the camera and add it again was the answer.
I did that and did not really help.

For now I have a smart plug behind my homebase to restart it at a specific time.
Not sure yet if that really helps because when it is beginning to get dark I think the motion detection becomes less stable in my opinion.
When I notice no detection for a while and I now there was motion, I disable the motion for a few seconds and turn it back on. I have a feeling that does at least something because motion is detected after that.
I think this camera does miss a lot during the day.

Is it possible to add enable/disable motion so I can try to create a flow, when motion is not detected for let’s say 30 minutes the motion detection will turn off for a few seconds?

Or will turn off and on return in the same result?

Thanks

@mmeijden Hmm, you could try to restart the app. it might be that there’s a glitch somewhere.

If that doesn;t work:

Go to the app settings of the Eufy app in Homey

More - apps - Eufy Security - config app

And click on reset notification service

Hey @Heula
Sometimes an Eufycam will stay in the motion detected state due to wind or something like that.
Turning it on/off might help, or changing the mode to disarmed and back.

The other option you have is Snooze, but I think it only snoozes the notifications :thinking:

Hi @martijnpoppen

It is strange behavior that never were there in the beginning about two or three years ago.
I’m going to try t o create a logic that keeps record of motion detection and when there is no detection for **** minutes or hours I turn the camera off and on. Maybe this will help.

Thanks.

1 Like

New app update (live: 2.36.9):

Changelog:
1. FIX: light for outdoorcam pro
2. NEW: add status led flowcards

1 Like

Hi @martijnpoppen,
Thank you so much for this update! Awsome :slight_smile:

Hi Martijn, will you be adding support for the latest devices, like the new homebase 3 and 4k camera’s?

Hey @Jelle_Lambers
Yes currently preparing the app to a new library to make it possible

Edit: But i dont have the Homebase 3 yet so its still quite hard to develop for it

Hi Martijn!

With this new version, should I still change the IPs for my Solocams to the local IP manually?

Best regards
Ole

Hey @Ole_Rosset
The change was reverted. It didn’t work for the S40.

But as said in the post above. Im working on integrating a different Library which hopefully works with the S40

Hi Martjin,

is there a timeline for the new HOMEY Pro 2023? At the moment the App-Store shows that the App is not compatible with the new HOMEY Pro.

@CyberSponk

:point_down:

In that update I also added SDK 3 (and a lot more feature + fixes :stuck_out_tongue: ).
Facing some small issues, but it’s almost ready. :wink:

If you’re interesed in checking the PR: Develop by martijnpoppen · Pull Request #45 · martijnpoppen/com.eufylife.security · GitHub

3 Likes

So far all is fine for my EufyCam 2 Pro - I believe I get even last picture compared to previous versions - very often there was no picture despite of movement detected, will report back in case of any issues. Thank you Martijn, awesome update indeed.

1 Like

Yes images are updated more frequent now :smiley:

1 Like

Ha die Martijn,

Superbedankt voor de update!!

Ik zit nu op mijn werk en heb de nieuwe versie uiteraard direct gedownload.

Wat ik nu al kan zien is dat de snapshots correct worden doorgegeven.

Ik test de rest zodra ik vanavond thuis ben.

Erg fijn ook dat de app nu Homey Pro 2023 proof is (mijn pre order staat al :wink:

Groet,

Johan

2 Likes

FYI
Theres an issue in the latest test release. Unfortunately i cant fix it right now. Hopefully next Sunday :slight_smile:

1 Like