[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

Hi @martijnpoppen

Is this issue you mention also about the sensor issues I mentioned in the Dutch topic by any chance?
If so I will stay with the test version and wait till sunday, otherwise I go back to the live version for now.

Thanks.

@Heula yes i saw it in your logs. So better to go to live indeed :slight_smile:

Sorry :confused:

Hi Martijn, potentially small issue - 286c69a0-b687-43f9-9dd6-f365f3876abc - battery level difers from the off. app

FIX is pushed to the test version :smiley:

@Sharkys battery levels are coming directly from the camera instead from the API. The official app uses the API which is behind most of the time as with the previous version for Homey.

1 Like

@martijnpoppen you crashed the app with an update, but I see you are already notified

1 Like

@Rens_Hoekema yes its the test app. You can install the live version to go back to stable

I tried fixing it, but without a laptop that is not the best idea :wink:

yeah yeah yeah :yum:

1 Like

Ha die Martijn,

Superbedankt voor de update!!

Ik zit nu op mijn werk en heb de nieuwe versie uiteraard direct gedownload.

Wat ik nu al kan zien is dat de snapshots correct worden doorgegeven.

Ik test de rest zodra ik vanavond thuis ben.

Erg fijn ook dat de app nu Homey Pro 2023 proof is (mijn pre order staat al :wink:

Groet,

Johan

2 Likes

Hey all
FYI made a hotfix the app is working again. :slight_smile:

3.0.10 installed and cameras added. The settings page for the cameras only contain a few fields so can’t check wether they now have local IPs or not.

@Ole_Rosset yeah as the handling is now done in the new library. So Homey doesn’t have to control the IP’s anymore. If the commands like on/off work on the camera its a succes :slight_smile:

I switched off both cameras using the Homey app, but only one of them were actually switched off. In the Homey app both are displayed as greyed out “off”. I tried a couple of times, but only one of them (the same both times) gets switched off. I then switched them on again using Homey app and the one that was turned off is now on again, but the icon for it immediately switches back to off in the Homey app.

@Ole_Rosset thats one step closer than before :p.
Can you send me a diagnostic report?
Then i’ll have a look

Hey, here you go.

b6727417-e2a9-4aae-b221-6702984ba089

Regards

Ole

Thanks! Will have a look :slight_smile:

Also, only one of the cameras (the one that didn’t turn on/off) is displaying battery state of charge in Homey.

@Ole_Rosset what i can see in the logs is that theres no connection possible with one of the camera. Not local and not via cloud.
If its not working with this new library i dont expect it will ever work via Homey.
To me it seems more like a issue with the camera itself

Not sure if you tried to reset it once? That might help maybe

That is strange, I am having no issues with them when using Eufy’s own iPhone app. I can turn them on and off, change security mode several times in only seconds.

What i expect is that that S40 is making a cloud connection to your phone instead of local connection.

As Eufy doesn’t provide a real api everything in this library is reversed enigneered. Meaning it will never work the same as the official Eufy app.

Only thing you can check if its possible to ping the IP address of your camera from a computer and see if that resolves :neutral_face: