[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

Awesome! Any ETA in mind?

Probably next week :wink:
Not available this week for Homey Development

I do have the 2C myself so quite easy to check :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @martijnpoppen , just shared with you 6614758c-4d5b-407b-b511-ad776da7e743 - home base kept reporting general alarm for 11 days, disappeared after I have restarted app. Not highly critical but it has already happened in the past. Thank you

1 Like

Hey @Sharkys
Guess i need to make some kind of force alarm off after x amount of minutes.

Because everything relies in notifications and security modes it sometimes glitches

1 Like

Any chance that Eufy will become available through homey cloud instead of homey pro ?

1 Like

Hey @Patrick66
No not instead of. If it comes available it will be extra :slight_smile:

But thats the thingā€¦ To make it available for Homey Cloud we need the cooperation of Eufy as we heavy rely on their API and we cant do that without their consent.

Athom tried convincing Eufy but seems like Eufy doesnā€™t want to cooperate. :frowning:

So short-term I dont expect a Eufy integration for Homey Cloud

Hi @martijnpoppen.

Will you be able to integrate eufycam 3 and homebase 3 as well?

Hey @Twan_Veugelers

Not sure yet didnā€™t see it yet.

but probably yes :stuck_out_tongue:

New app update (test: 2.36.8):

Changelog:
1. FIX: update Eufy library. Improve P2P for stand alone cameras

I updated the Eufy library hoping that this will fix the connection issues for the S40. Please let me know if it works :crossed_fingers:

if you want to install this beta version click the link above and press install.

1 Like

Hi Martin, I see in the original app option to trigger recording, eg. based on 2nd cam or motion sensor - i remember people already asked similar question but in relation to those options, is it really not possible to trigger recording ā€œon demandā€ ? I mean API doesnā€™t support it, correct. Thank you.

Hey @Sharkys
No unfortunately not, itā€™s not possible to hook into the flows of Eufy itself. Would be a really nice integration though :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It would be fine just to initiate recording based on any Homey trigger :slight_smile: I wonder why they make API, which intentionally doesnā€™t support some of the key features. Anyway, itā€™s probably something we have to live with. As always, thank you for reply.

1 Like

@Sharkys Yeah thats the issue actually. Theres no API.
There are a few endpoints which gives you data. But nothing to control from there. All control is done via a local UDP connection :confused:

2 Likes

Thanx voor your email.
Unfortunately it didnā€™t works
For me. Once installed, the device keep giving an alert: initializing. I have tried it with my isp ip and with the local ip adresā€¦

1 Like

@Johan_Spierings thanks for letting me know. Iā€™ll check what i can do :slight_smile:

Thanx!!

1 Like

Hola!
I am getting loads of notifications, a combination of factors. Can I ask, if I turn off notifications for a camera when the mode is home, will it cause an issue within Homey when the mode changes to away or custom 1?

Appreciate I wont get information but just checking it wont cause an issue further down the line.

Thanks,
Nick

Hey @FranklyEpic
No thats no issue. Only thing is you dont get notifications.

Im working on a integration which dont require notifications anymore. But not final

2 Likes

New app update (test: 2.36.9):

Changelog:
1. REVERTED: update Eufy library. Improve P2P for stand alone cameras

2. FIX: light for outdoorcam pro @Michiel
3. NEW: add status led flowcards @homeypro

You can install the test version by clicking the link above and press install :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi there.

Question regarding the generic alarm card "The generic alarm turned on"with eufy homebase 2. I recently bought homey and i started with integrating multiple devices. Since eufy is lacking a good solution for a siren iā€™ve created my own version by leveraging an alexa device Iā€™m not using.
When i trigger the flow manually it works fine, but in practice homey doesnā€™t seem to pick up this trigger when the alarm actually goes off. Am i missing something or is this not how this card should be interpreted?

When i use the card trigger generic alarm for X duration the eufy alarm is sounding.

Kind regards,
Matthijs