[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

It worked Martin. Thanks!

The homebase siren went off.

Side note: And now i learned there is no siren in the cameras. Disapointment for Eufy ^^

@Bergman Hmm not sure.
Via the automations in Eufy you can set the camera alarms. So it might exist.

I re-used the Homebase code so that might be why itā€™s calling the Homebase alarm.

Just checked a video about the 2C and thereā€™s a alarm option in the Eufy app:

But to check that I need access to a camera to check the data which is sent.

:+1:

Will do some tests tomorrow.

@Bergman Ok, but the integration probably doesnā€™t work :wink:

Is it safe to update the Eufy IOS app to its latest version, 4.1.3? Not any issues you know of, regarding home management etc? Earlier you sometimes seemed quite surprised by changes in the way the Eufy app works.

Iā€™m still running on V 3.5.2_851 and have no problems.

What special changes do I have to make in the IOS app and your Homey app regarding home management and the new parameters.

1 Like

@Roger_Gorissen
Yes safe to upgrade.
Homey app is up to date with the changes of Eufy. If you update no need for any changes everything should stil work as it did.

Yes true. The only way I get notified about updates is when features stop working. No partnership with Eufy so no developer updates

1 Like

Tried to find my answer in the 2287 posts above but couldnā€™t find it so probably faster to ask it: I canā€™t get a snapshot from my eufy wired camera in homey. Any idea? Iā€™m kinda stuckā€¦

1 Like

Hey @Otter
Therefore I made a FAQ.
So you only had to check the first 4 posts :stuck_out_tongue:

But snapshots are not possible.
Only way you can get a image is when a event occurs. person detection, motion detection etc.

If thatā€™s not working I would suggest to check Q3 in the FAQ

Thanks! Thats kinda embarassing :ā€™)ā€¦ too bad this is not possible

1 Like

Hi @martijnpoppen

Would you mind explaining what ā€œgeneric alarmā€ means for HomeBase 2 in one sentence? :slight_smile:

I canā€™t find anything about this in the Eufy app, thatā€™s why I ask (this stupid question).

The only thing I can think of is if you have enabled ā€œHomeBase Alarmā€ for a component in the Eufy app (Security ā†’ XX Mode ā†’ HomeBase Alarm).

Thanks!

Hey @Peter_Kalrsson

Iā€™ll try in one scentence :stuck_out_tongue:

Generic Alarm: Will go on when the Homebase alarm turns on. (Security ā†’ XX Mode ā†’ HomeBase Alarm).

1 Like

Thanks for the app, just purchased a Eufy see security setup and seems to work great

I am trying to unify some things however and wondering if there is a way to detect the change via the eufy geofence options?
While itā€™s setting away in eufy based on this the homey flow doesnā€™t detect the change (as itā€™s still ā€œgeoā€ mode)
Any way to detect this?

Thanks

Hey @vaderag

Check FAQ Q6

Ah thanks. The only problem with that is that Homey geofence is rubbish in comparison to Eufy in my testing :sob:

1 Like

Yes it is.

Just thinking.
You could try this:

And enable the geofence notification

I have the modes change by geofence, will the notification of that event change anything?
Iā€™ve toggled now to see, but think that setting is just for the notification on phone no?

Homey reacts to changes based on notifications. So when you enable those Homey Will receive Them too.

You can see Homey as a extra phone on your Eufy system

Ah good point. Well itā€™s on now, Iā€™ll see if that works next time I leave the geofence (whenever that might be :rofl:)

1 Like

Would still like to get Eufy, so one last question: for flows that are triggered based on alarm mode changes, do these also need push notifications from Eufy App to make them happen?

@Wouterr yes
For any change in the Eufy system you need push notifications enabled if you want Homey to react on it