[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

Hey @KaiF

Did you share the devices as shared devices or did you add a new resident.

The resident option does not work straight forward . So i would suggest to share the devices.

@martijnpoppen
thanks for quick reply. all 5 devices (3x 2c cams, 1 indoor cam plus homebase) are shared with my second user i.e. the account that I use in Homey. User has ā€œenhancedā€ privileges in Eufy App.
Is that what you mean/recommend ?

is it still shared ? My experience is that all the shared devices disappeared for the guest users.
I had to remove them and assign them again

Hey @KaiF
In the new Eufy app theres home management.

There you have 2 options:

Make sure to use ā€˜Share Deviceā€™ option.

If you already did that.
Make sure to enable push notifications for your cameras

@Rens_Hoekema might be region related :wink:
Thatā€™s also new. So might be that you have your cameras in US.

In Homey you can change the region via the app settings

nope region is netherlands

hey @martijnpoppen,

this is how it is set up. just re-checked and actually for 1 (out of 3) cameras I receive notifications (motion & person) for 2 others not. Same settings. None shows the ā€œlast capturedā€ image whereas the one the works with notifications shows the error message ā€œinvalid responseā€ every time i select the camera image tab in Homey.

Think I just found (one of) the issues: it depends on the level of notifications.
If ā€œcompleteā€ is selected, no notification is transferred to Homey, if ā€œwith miniature pictureā€ is selected, a notification is transferred to Homey.
Weird enough: now images are shown on all three cams.

So there might be some instabilities ā€¦
Thanks for the great work on the app. Let me know if you need some help at some point in time (I am no coder but a good debugger :wink:

1 Like

Hello Kaif, thanks for your post! I could not get my doorbell press to work, but changing the notification settings to thumbnail, seemed to fix it!

And off course, thanks to Martijn for your hard work!

1 Like

Hey @KaiF
Yes include thumbnail is the best option.
I tried to include Them all. But some cameraā€™s respond different.

If I have any test update Iā€™ll let you know :slight_smile:

Just bought a Eufy Indoor Pan & Tilt cam as a babymonitor. It is my first Eufy product.

First I had 2FA on, but that didnā€™t work with Homey apparently. Turned it off and connected it with the new (test version) app. But keep reading in this topic to use a separate admin account. I just installed with the main (and only Eufy account) I got. It seems to be working with Homey. Do I just leave it this way or is there an advantage to use a second Eufy account with Homey. What I can think of is that the main account still be with 2FA on? Or is there not an advantage?

Hey @UA84
The advantage of the extra account is that theres no Risk of getting logged out.
Eufy cannot handle 2 devices at the same time. So you might experience errors

Thnx for your quick answer @martijnpoppen

With 2 devices at the same time you mean Homey and the Eufy app (ios app in my case)?
Because when I turn off the cam in Homey it also turned off in the Eufy ios app. So that works for me. Also when I turn the cam off in the Eufy or Homey app, it also is turned off in the Synology Surveillance Station.

Or is this not what you mean?

1 Like

@UA84
I meant 2 apps :man_facepalming:

Yes correct it does workā€¦but theres a risk.
So itā€™s not mandatory to use a extra account :slight_smile:

But if you want to change the login.
You can edit in the app settings of the Homey Eufy app

1 Like

Thank you!

Edit: Just to be sure, i made a second admin account and connected that one to Homey.

1 Like

Ok :slight_smile:

New app update (live: 2.29.3):

Changelog:
1. NEW: integrate Eufy Homemanagement (Eufy firmware v4.0.0)
2. NEW: Support Region selection in login
3. FIX: wrong eufy-homey-client version
4. NEW: add option to reset the notification service when it is ā€˜stuckā€™
5. FIX: Actor_id was missing after Eufy IOS 4.0.0 migration
6. FIX: change wired doorbell snooze mode flowcard (NOTE: this replaces the old flowcard!)
7. FIX: floodlight arming change trigger

Eufy Home management is live :smiley: :tada:

1 Like

New app update (test: 2.29.4):

Changelog:
1. FIX: notification trigger add logs for debug purposes

@Yannick_Eeckelaert added some logging, can you check again and send me a report after that?

New app update (test: 2.29.5):

Changelog:
1. FIX: notification trigger add logs for debug purposes
2. FIX: flowcard filters improved. Show correct cards on app page

Hi Martijn,

I did the test en stil movement when caving the camera status.

08776543-7f6a-4d24-84fe-a22b266ce7fa

@Yannick_Eeckelaert
Yes! Only added logging :smiley:

Will check