[App][Pro] ESP Easy (Firmware for ESP32, NodeMCU, Wemos...)

I published version v1.8.0

You can install this release from the Homey app store

New functionality:

• Update Dutch translations
  • Add support for gas measure devices
    • P049 Gases - CO2 MH-Z19
    • P090 Gases - CCS811 TVOC/eCO2
    • P083 Gasses - SGP30

Fixes:

• Remove invalid “measure_uptime” capability from drivers
1 Like

Hi,! great to see the supported gasses, i want to use a Senseair (s8), could you add this one to?

“Type”:“Gases - CO2 Senseair”, (P052)

Is it possible to reset the pulse counter? Maybe via a flowcard or by settings.
The ESP is set to Delta and always show the actual flow. Within the app, the Delta do a “sum up”, always adding the actual flow to the stored value.

You can already do this under advanced settings => set total. That option is meant to calibrate the Homey pulse counter with the actual value of your physical meter.

Yes, that’s true, but i have to do it manually.
Below two screenshots what I’m talking about.
The ESP website shows me the actual value, within the Homey app i can see the value always added up to the last value.

I see you have set the type to “Delta / Total / Time” and did not enable “Use ESP Easy totals”. That means my app will always add the delta value Homey receives to the ‘total’ value as kept by Homey. I don’t have a pulse counter myself but this seems to me like it should do the correct thing.

You can enable “Use ESP Easy totals”, that way, Homey will use and display the “Total” value as received from ESP Easy. Please keep in mind that ESP Easy does not guarantee that the “Total” value is consistent across reboots, that’s why I kept that option turned off by default.

wow. really cool app. it works great and fast.
how do I implement a push button as a dimmer or a rotary encoder? digital inputs are only shown to me as alarms

Regards

Birger

Thanks for this great app, i use it to check my sensor data from the BME280 and MH-Z19b. Now i also have a SDS011 connected of which i read the PM2,5 and PM10 values on the screen. Is it possible to add the SDS011 (Dustsensor) to the supported devices. It is possible for me to test the new device.

Kind regards,
Robin

Interesting app. I just stumbled on it from a Facebook post on the Homey group. Until now I created all my projects using Homeyduino. And it’s working fine. But I’m intrigued to look for a more universal solution that works with other domotica systems also. I was wondering if anyone can explain the difference between ESP-easy and Homeyduino? Are there more possibilities? For instance, is it possible to emulate multiple devices on a single ESP? Like 5 separate switches and a temperature sensor.

Yes, that’s possible.

First, you integrate the ESP module it self. In a second step, you add switches, sensors etc.

Hello, i am trying to add an EspEasy (mega-20190225) but i keep getting an hourglass.

both urls can be accessed:
http://%ip-espeasy%homey/json
http://%ip-homey%/api/app/nl.joolee.homey.espeasy/?i=%ip%&m=%mac%&t=%tskname%&x=%id%&k=%valname%&v=%value%

and it works towards Domoticz (controller 1) but not with homey.

The homey app does sees the IDX1 of Controller2 if i try to add a pulse counter but i get also an hourglass waiting endless just like if i want to add an EspEasy Unit.

in the logging of my espeasy i only see Domoticz message and no connection failures.

74891416: Domoticz: Sensortype: 6 idx: 45271 values: 1176.00;463074.00;51.00
74912039: WD : Uptime 1249 ConnectFailures 0 FreeMem 17168 WiFiStatus 3

i tried to pair within developer.athom.com but it gives me the same. only i can think of is maybe the espeasy firmware perhaps to look but the newer ones give bad wifi connection so it is a lot of trial and error.
maybe someone has an idea where to look next ?

Works perfectly :slight_smile:

I have my pool controller via ESP,

Currently im building a zone heating system with the ESP.
So 8 valves on an i2c IO expander, many temp sensors,
And Homey will control the valves so when i work at home only the office radiators are heated.

then i also hope to optimeze waterflow when all valves are open by readint delta T temps of each pipe.
I do have a Verdeler system in my house, so that makes it easy to do this (and dont need the expensive tado system but cheap ali valves.)

I realize this isn’t a general ESP support thread, but just a quick question: Is it possible to relay the signals from ESP easy with LoRa between ESP:s before communicating to my Homey?

Use case: Sensors for garage doors, temp sensors, motion sensors on ESP8266:s in a garage 60m away. Homey in the house to receive signals over LoRa through a master ESP32.

Is there any such functionality implemented?

Can you take a look in the developer console (F12) while you’re pairing through developer.athom.com? If you keep seeing an hourglass, there is a good chance there is some client-side javascript error in my code.

The ESP Easy firmware communicates through WiFi. They can relay signals through each other but that is not very useful in your case as they still route the ESP-to-ESP traffic through your WiFi network :slight_smile:
I would recommend you to improve your WiFi network in the normal fashion. Preferably with an additional wired access point or otherwise through a powerline adapter or even a wireless bridge.

If you want to program the modules yourself or are able to find some firmware suited for your use-case, you can route your traffic over any channel you like.

Thank you for your reply.

I was thinking something along the lines of this:
https://randomnerdtutorials.com/esp32-lora-sensor-web-server/

So both LoRa for sensors and Wi-Fi for web publication.

I guess it depends on ESP Easy supporting the LoRa modules. But it would be a nice solution to span a larger range :+1:t2:

Edit: sorry for my prior Dutch text, ive typed it in English now!

I’ve ended up here because i’m trying to the get my RPI Easy setup working. Think i have it running correctly, and i am trying to connect to it from the Homey app, but it seems to stall after i filled in the IP address and port number. Then it stays frozen with the hour glass screen. Are there people who had the same problem?

1 Like

i have issues with adding espeasy to homey as well, still need to have a look at it again. it works perfectly on Domoticz but not on Homey. I use it with a pulse meter for water usage.

I do have it in another ip subnet so that might be causing an issue but it should work. i posted somewhere else some issues. i do find my espeasy but adding it does not seem to work. I use a Wemos D1 mini with ESPEasy and my Homey does find an undefined ESPeasy board and also the name of the device configured, it just isn’t able to add it to Homey.
When adding a ESPEasy pulsemeter it finds my defined Watermeter but with undefined also in the name and it can find the IDX number but adding to Homey just won’t work.

i just keep getting an hourglass turning forever. i will try to check if the device is in the same ip segment with a new board with ESPEasy to see if it will work but i think there is something else causing an issue.

If i have a new board in house i will test it again with Homey.

I see some messages about the pairing process failing. Can someone please find out if there is a javascript error in the developer console during pairing?
Go here:

Open the developer console of your browser with the F12 key and start pairing.

1 Like