[App][Pro] Elgato StreamDeck Integration

Could be an issue with the target app.
For clarification. There are two kinds of SD buttons my plugin offers. It is Toggle Device Setting and Press Device Button. Actually there is a dedicated 3rd for Device on/off in specfic.
The 3rd one toggles the device primary “switch” if available.
Press Button and Toggle Device setting are basically the same. The only difference is in which devices are offered.
A toggle is a device capability which is declared setable and readable by the target app.
A press button is a capability which can be set but not read.
All these three are boolean specific. In other words yes/no, on/off, true/false capabilities.

In general the device is not offered by the SD feature if the device has no capability matching the functionality of the SD button feature.

That’s really helpful, thank you
It’s got me to thinking, if i exclude the switches, they are basic on / off and reinclude them as generic z wave binary switches, the streamdeck might see them, ie just do away with the TKB app. Going to give this a try.

Thanks again

Further info
So, you have to disable the apps, otherwise when you add something as a generic device, if homey has the app, it uses it and the switch is installed not as a generic device.
However, if you disable the app and successfully add it as a generic device, it does show up on streamdeck.
The interesting thing is that TKB and develo have almost identical hardware but different apps.
If the switches are installed using their respective apps, either TKB or develo, stream deck doesn’t see them and cannot use them.

That is an quite interesting observation. But unfortunately I cannot do anything on the StreamDeck side to compensate for this. That looks like a shortcoming of those manufacturer specific apps :frowning:

Thanks a bunch for sharing this info.
EDIT: I linked your post from the FAQ for now.

That’s great.
I didn’t expect that it would be something you would be able fix.
For the sake of the things working with your app, it’s no problem at all to add them as generic devices.
It’s really useful to have a switch panel such as the streamdeck for controlling things you need quick access to. So, thank you very much for your fab app. :slight_smile:

1 Like

For me it works only with the homey-hex.connect.athom.com. No chance to get the direct connect via hostname. Even entered in /etc/hosts does not resolve. I can ping via the name homey and the correct IP is taken. In browser I receive an answer with the token and the version.

I am using streamdeck version 6.4 and Homey Pro (2023)

That’s technically impossible as the hosts file has highest priority when the name is resolved. It can override everything. Maybe your syntax in the file is not correct. You can share me your hosts file on a direct message, if you want me to crosscheck.

You are right. I thought before you take time I run through repeatable steps and start from scratch. Hence, I rebooted HP 2023. After the reboot, the hostname was not only homey but homey-hex. With that and the respective entry in /etc/hosts it works (from MacBook to HP). I was not aware of the importance of reboot. Maybe worthwhile to mention that the hostname should not read only homey but homey plus the hex code. If not, a reboot might be the solution.

1 Like

Hi. Nice job on the integration with Streamdeck. Now I’ve found a nice use for the MK.2 in my office. Took a bit to figure out that I needed to append the connect.athom.com to the homey address (local IP address just doesnt work for me). once done then was able to decode how the various commands worked. Maybe adding the append info and a short description of the commands to the Homey App Store description will help others.

Yeah unfortunately this info is spread out through the FAQ. Basically the app wants a hostname in form of “homey-CLOUDID”. IPs are not supported. (See hosts file workaround if your local DNS refuses).
Remote controlling is only possible with the cloud address you used there.

Hi, I tried the hostname only but it failed to connect, hence adding the cloud info.

Since my last post the integration has been flawless until recently, things stopped working and I get the green/yellow triangle on the Stream Deck and an error in the Steam Deck configuration console. No idea what I did that caused it to stop work.

Today I finally got things back working by using the address homey-<hexid>.connect.athom.com
Now my devices can be turned on/off again but I still get the warning triangle blinking.

1 Like

Should be sufficient. It might be your router jinxing it or whatever you use for local DHCP/DNS.
I heard about this, in many cases a restart of the router actually fixed it.

@Shakesbeard thank you for building the App…I use it every day. Maybe this question was asked before but I was wondering: will there ever be the possibility of exposing Elgato items like lights trips and key lights to Homey? I understand this is sort of the other way around but it would be useful to me.

Hi @Hendrik-Jan_van_Dijk ,

This is not really possible. Elgato told me a while back that they are working on something to enable plugins to interact with each other, but afaik it is not possible in the SD API still.

However, another community developer wanted to build an app for this. Unfortunately I do not remember anything about it anymore. But may something can be found on the forums about it.

Ahhh ok I figured as much. If there was an API you would be able to control stuff in ICUE from Corsair I guess (which is the same company). Thanks for the quick answer!

Thank you so much, this really helped me.
I had the same problem, out of nowhere the integration stopped working.

homey-<hexid>.connect.athom.com

Your proposal solved my problem, connection is restored and all Homey connected functionalities work again. After restarting the Stream Deck software all warning triangles are also gone!

I have an Ubiquiti network at home, not sure if that had anything to do with it in regards to the problem and DHCP/DNS.

Update Time

Here comes an update many have waited for.

• Homey integration app v2.3.0
  • StreamDeck Plugin v1.10.0

There often are various difficulties getting Homey to connect, mostly with Mac users however.
There is an update coming to the StreamDeck plugin, which is currently waiting on release by Elgato/Corsair.

So once the Homey app and the plugin are released you can now find ALL Homey addresses, which can possibly be used, in the app’s settings page. They are also now grouped by which method supports realtime mode. Of course this does not mygically fix any local DNS issues you might have.
But if everything fancy fails, you can now also use Homey’s IPv4 address to connect it.

UPDATE: Both, plugin and app are now released!

3 Likes

I use i raspberry pi and run Bitfocus Companion, its not as fancy as streamdeck and i have to do al the integration my self, basicly a bunch of http-request back and forth between home and the “streamdeck”

1 Like

New feature:

Hello @Shakesbeard,

I hope you’re well. Since you updated the app, I no longer have disconnection warning issues with the Homey integration in my StreamDeck+. I have several roller shutters, and automatic curtains with position control.

However, the “Control Range Settings” rotation module correctly finds my pane but I cannot play with the opening/closing of it (setting is empty).

Do you think it would be possible to integrate this type of equipment?

Thanks in advance!