[APP][Pro] OBS Studio

OBS Studio Controller for Homey

Basic controls for OBS Studio live streaming software.

Currently has support for:

• :twisted_rightwards_arrows: Switching scenes
  • :video_camera: Start / Stop streaming
  • :vhs: Start / Stop recording
  • :keyboard: Activate Hotkeys (In Test)

Download in the Homey App Store!

:gear: To use this app you need to enable the WebSocket Server in OBS Studio. See the App Settings for more information.

:speech_balloon: Supported languages:

• :us: English
  • :netherlands: Dutch
2 Likes

Hello @basvanderploeg,

Looks like I’m the first to ask you a question on this App. I have OBS installed on my PC (version 30.0.2) and enabled the WebSocket. The Server IP that is generated by OBS looks a bit like this: 2a03:a452:db8f:1:bfb8:8236:b2e2:2…, different from your example ws://192.168.0.1:4455. I tried to use the provided address and port number in different formats but it doesn’t seem to work. Also when I click “Wijzigingen opslaan” it does not provide any confirmation or feedback (but maybe that’s normal). Any tips what I can do to make it work? I appreciate your feedback.

Never mind, I got it working using the Servers IP address instead of the OBS generated one. Thanks for making the App, the missing link in my IP camera automation :slight_smile:

Hi @Marius_Brand! That’s indeed the right way to use it.

I’m happy that you figured it out and that the app is useful to you. :smile:

1 Like

Absolutely, thanks for making it!

Hi,

I had the same issue, that there is no test connection button in the settings, so I had to try to start streaming command to see if it works.

Besides that, I am missing the “When” events for OBS Studio. Like when I start streaming, something will happen.
Is it possible to add those events/functionalities?

Thanks