[APP][Pro][Deprecated] Arlo - Security Camera

Now it’s working :slightly_smiling_face: when are you counting on to add the same feature for the vmb4500 base? And are you going to add a feature so that I can turn on/off a specific camera, like in the arlo app?

There are two possibilities first the most likely is that you have not shared the cameras with the account you have signed Homey up to - or have not set the access rights (like here : [APP][Pro] Arlo - Security Camera - #236 by Sigurdur_Birgisson )

Or there is a very very very small possibility that the camera you have is a variation of the VMC4030P and we will need to add a new type - but i’ve never seen that happen for cameras. Send me a crash log.

It looks like something is going on with where something is trying to access a deleted Id

@Teddy - Do you have 5 base stations?

@Tb1 what do you mean turn off a specific camera like in the arlo app? Do you mean how the new cameras have their own alarms? Adding these features to the VMB4500 is possible, but I am trying to limit my time investment in this app given its future (or there lack of).

I mean this on/off button all cameras have in arlos app

Sorry I only speak English nut I was able to compare pics to find it.

I could add that but I would have to figure it out, its pretty low on my list of things to do. I think I would prefer to add a flow which allows you to set a custom mode (cant do that on the the device screen due to the way they capabilities need to be hard coded).

But the app has most things that I need at the moment - plan is to just roll out the simplified feature set for the VMC3030 and VMC4030 then wait to see where this whole MFA falls.

1 Like

Okey, will it be possible to create more than one custom mode and can I choose which camera that should be turned on and which one who should be turned off?

Hehe i wish i had 5 base stations. But no only 1 and 3 cameras tied to it.

// Ted

Did a reset and readded everything again and now the app works again. Had to reinstall the app in homey also after. Activatiin and deactivation works np there so far. Going to test the siren when my kids aint sleeping :wink:

Hereby Isend you the ID (ebeb772f-e131-4dcb-8655-52281dcf1c76) of my log.
Hopefully you can find out why I can’t add my cameras and only my base station.

I would also absolutely love this feature (or being able to enable/disable the camera).

The main thing that I miss support for in the official Arlo app is being able to essentially trigger on/off in a smart way based on my other devices or flows (instead of just using geofencing combined with a set schedule). Would be amazing if that capability could be added :slight_smile:

@Peter_Peerlkamp -

1. Can you please login to the Arlo app using the account which you are logging into my app with, and then take a screen shot of where you have shared the cameras and enabled the feature I linked you to.

2. Then please restart my app and send me a diagnostic report 30 seconds later.

3. Finally please read the information about using a separate account for Homey then what you use as your manager account in Arlo.

Thanks

Dear Jamie, thank’s for your answer.

Hereby I send you the screenshot of the available shared cameras for the account i’m using for your Arlo App. This is my diagnostic report ID : 060a79a0-a5eb-4f64-81a5-aacf598340b3.

Unfortunately, when I log into your app with my arlo admin account, I cannot add my cameras as well.
Maybe i have to try to re-add one camera again.

I’m sorry for the problems, but your app is great and I really to get it working.

Maybe a stupid question but is it Arlo Pro 2 you are trying to add and not just pro?

Totally correct my mistake. In my earlier text I am talking about arlo pro 2, but I have an arlo pro VMB4000. This device is also supported.

For now only pro 2 cameras are supported. VMB4000 and VMB4500 base stations are also supported. Not pro cameras.

Today it happened again. One of my cameras in your app get stuck at motion. (not in arlo mobile app) The problem solved by restarting your app so I made a flow that restarts the app if motion more then 10 minutes :slight_smile:

@Jamie Any new when you’re planning to add pro cameras and the same features to the vmb4500 base as for the VMB4000?

Hi @Jamie,

I started using your app a couple of days ago and I have a question: is the VMB4000 base station supposed to be visible in the ”then” stage of a flow? I was hoping to be able to activate/deactivate the cameras from a flow, but the base station device is only visible in the ”when” and ”and” stages.

No you cant activate or deactivate cameras at the moment using my app. And from memory there are currently no conditional (and) flows.

Ok, thanks for the quick response!

Is activation/deactivation something you have on the roadmap? Would be super useful; doing it via IFTTT feels like an inefficient hop.

Is it just me, or is this a problem others have experienced, Im using the latest beta, but I cant get to arm/disarm from device or flow. Thanks for help…