[APP][Pro][Deprecated] Arlo - Security Camera

I’ve had a look, shouldnt be difficult to add the ‘snapshot available’ trigger - I still have no idea what you mean by sending a push with a picture … on what action is that occuring?

In order to get a new image … we have to request that the camera takes a new message … which is only happening on the camera view page at the moment. And is why your image isnt updating

Oh, so the cameras need to see the “motion” to get a new image? It’s not possible to take a snapshot and get a fresh picture if Trigger it from another motion sensor?

A motion trigger I belive will force a new image, but I cold be wrong?

It should be possible to ask for a new picture on trigger - such as another motion sensor.

So long as the device your requesting an image isnt recording.

A motion sensor won’t force a new image. I have also tried to force a new image with a virtual button in Homey but with no luck. I really wanted to take a snapshot if someone is moving in front of the camera but the picture I received is a old one.

Hey @Tb1

6 Hours ago

Ignore the snapshot became available for now.

3 Days ago

Ill circle back onto the arlo app later, there are some other apps I want to work on.

3 Days ago

Ignore the snapshot became available for now.

29 Days ago

Hi @Tb1 In the past it was possible to take a snapshot, when the device was not already recording. This functionality will be added back in. However in the Change-log you I have removed all devices except…

Topic

Flows
Triggers

• Motion Detected by device connected to basestation
  • Audio Detected by device connected to basestation

The code to request a snapshot had not been written, there was no code there. When you were triggering that flow, absolutely nothing was happening. You had just as much chance as of that flow turning your Homey into a space ship and blasting it around the moon as you did it triggering any sort of arlo related event.

On another note there is a new test channel update :

2.2.100 : aka the flows update

+ Adds "When snapshot received trigger" to VMC4030P
+ Adds "Take Snapshot Action flow"  to VMC4030P
+ Adds Image tag when snapshot received   to VMC4030P
+ Adds Image url tag when snapshot received  to VMC4030P
- Deprecated old snapshot flow.

@Tb1 you might be interested in the latest test, you have shown a small amount of interest in the snapshot flow. :clown_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Word of warning, dont hook you your take a snapshot flow to a ‘when a snapshot is available’ flow - if in directly, you will create an infinite loop which would drain your battery in a couple hours at best and possibly override the default behaviour of your alarms. Or at worse turn your camera into a spaceship and launch itself at the sun.

Thanks - please elt me know how you go.

As for you use case - just be aware that I can only ‘request’ that the camera update its image. And if it does so then I can notify you. But there is now time frames on that. I have my doubts as to how useful that feature would be given how quickly people move. But please let us know if it works

Test version - 2.2.200

• The camera view page will no longer update and refresh with the latest image.
  • Note this means it will now ONLY refresh when you click update.
  • As when we are only asking for a new image when we hit refresh - the image will always been taken when we hit refresh - but not displayed until the next time you hit the refresh button.

This is the side affect of allowing flows when a new image is available as I can no longer create a loop for that - as when you open the camera screen the flows go crazy.

I think that its pretty bad side affect and perhaps not worth it - but happy to do what ever the community wants.

1 Like

I have the SmartHub Pro3 and really want these to be integrated in the app. Let me know if you need access to them.

Thanks @t3o - I appreciate that, and thats what I would need to add it. But at this time, the entire app will no longer work in a couple of months when arlo force a SMS verification every time we login. There are more details up the thread, but the time I spend on this app is a bit wasted. Ill message you if arlo change their stance and it ever becomes that its worth expanding this app.

I just got my review! Two stars … because the arlo app doesn’t support the Reolink Argus camera :expressionless: :exploding_head:

ROFL about the review. This app is in its infancy if we call it that atm id give it a 3 just based on current status and a 4 if my pro cam would have been added :wink: and when the app would have all the bells and wistle functions i know Jamie would love to see id def give it a 5.

Oh, it wasnt so much about the review as the reason for the low number … I wonder if that person also gave the hue, fibaro and ritual apps a 2 because they don’t support Argus devices :stuck_out_tongue:

v2.4.300

2.4.300 has been released to the test channel, it adds :

• Adds the ability for the VMB4000 to arm/disarm from the device.
  • VMB4000 mode will update when changed externally
  • Adds new flow trigger which is triggered when the mode is changed for VMB4000.
  • Adds new flow condition if the mode is armed/disarmed/part for VMB4000.
  • Adds new flow action change the mode to armed/disarmed for VMB4000.
  • Adds the ability to turn the VMB4000 siren on from the device.
  • Adds flow action to turn siren on/off for VMB4000.
  • Adds flow condition for when siren on/off for VMB4000.

Notes :

1. When the siren is externally turned on Homey may not update at the moment.
  2. You will need to remove the VMB4000 and readd it to get access to most of the new features
  3. Setting the mode will likely be changed prior to the app being published, which will break flows which use it as is. (going to rename “partially armed” to “other” - which take a surprisingly large amount of effort)
1 Like

Awesome update! Will It be possible to turn on/off individual cameras also and be able to activate siren through flows?

Regarding request new image, it works fine if I take a snapshot 6-7 seconds after I request a new image.

What can I do with “image URL”?

Yes, it adds the ability to activate sirens through flows. However all of this is only for the VMB4000, none of the cameras I have (4030P) have a inbuilt alarm.

I dont really have a use case for the image URL - other then I thought people might like to do ‘url’ type things with it … like having chromecast open a URL …

@Jamie I actually don’t think they are able to lock down the app to force 2 factor auth since not all users have SMS. I really need the smart hub integrated in the app since I need to control it with all my other alarms. Are your source repository available for a clone? Then I could have a look at it my selves!

Strange, I don’t have active siren card :thinking:

Just looked into it, I looks like a bug - Ill get back to you.

1 Like

v2.4.301

Fixes a bug which stopped siren flows from showing up.

Thanks @Tb1 for finding that.

1 Like

Did update :slight_smile: setting mode hung my vmb4000r3 in some manor. Atm arlos own app keep saying it is eather offline or getting status. I cant enter the status page there. Gonna send you a log Jamie if you see something there.

I have installed the app, but I only can add my arlo base station.
If I want to add the Arlo Pro 2 cameras (have 3 cams) after adding the base station, I get the message that no new devices have been found.