[APP][Pro][Deprecated] Arlo - Security Camera

What version are you using @Baschtl?

I only see the 2.0.6000

2.1 is in test mode, its been pre-approved by Athom (awesome new feature they have). As soon as I get feedback its working ill publish it to the live channel.

Until then you need to install here : https://homey.app/a/com.arlo/test/

thank you then I will help testing :wink:

Awesome work @Jamie Testing right now :grin:
Are support for the earlier arlo “pro” also coming soon?

The Pro (or VMC4030) is easy enough to add as it shares almost all of the same library as the Pro 2(VMC4030P). The Original arlo (VMC3030) will take longer, but even still as its a reduced feature, its just a matter of removing items.

Pro 3 and Ultra are a completely different matter.

2 Likes

I think that I found some bugs.

Sometimes motion get stuck om “yes” at camera. UPDATE : it seems to working fine after restart of the app. (time will tell)

And if I create a Flows to send a push with picture from camera, and then I pass by the camera it sends a picture but I’m not on that picture, seems like some kind of delay. I also tried to set 1,2,3,4 and 5 seconds delay on that push but it seems like the picture is sent randomly and it sends old snapshot over and over again.

What does “A snapshot come available” mean?
If I use this in “when” and send to mobile with camera tag in “then” , nothing happens.

Hey,
I have now seen that the motion alarm does reset itself, it just takes some time sometimes. Not sure of what that means in terms of lag, but my sporadic observations have been that alarm is usually reset after 10 mins. It would be good to get details on this flow so that we know what can be expected.

I have also updated to latest test-app, and was able to add all my 4 Pro2 cameras. It looks as expected, and I can see the things I expect in flow cards. However, for the cameras I yesterday noticed that two of them were still in the alarmed state after 4-5h. Similar to the base station issue I had. I would say this is an important thing to fix.

/Sigge

When it next occurs can you please shutdown the Homey App on your phone and restart it, other people have reported this issue but it turned out to be an issue with the Homey App caching the state change rather than anything with the Arlo app.

If you can confirm that the problem is with my app, please restart the app - set off the motion alarm - wait 2 minutes and send a diagnostic report and ill see what happened to the off command.

Thanks

Ignore the snapshot became available for now.

Not sure about the send push with picture … My guess is thats an internal Athom flow - I have not hooked anything up for that. You need to ‘request’ that a camera supply a new image .

In my experience you cant record a video and request a fresh image at the same time, which limits the use of any push request for an image.

1 Like

Is the video doorbell also supported? Or only the alro pro cam 2?

Crap the wrong camera for me :wink: Anyway upgraded to new version. So far ok!

No Video Doorbell or original Doorbell.

Happy to add either of these or even the newer Pro4 and ultra is someone can share access to their device with me so I can figure out how they communicate things like the individual siren and lights.

Ill circle back onto the arlo app later, there are some other apps I want to work on. It would be great if I could get confirmation as to whether the ‘alarms staying active’ is a Homey thing to my code.

Is it the “pro” version that you have?
If so, @Jamie said that it would be easy to add, just had to remove some features so maybe he add it very soon? :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah I wait for the old and the normal pro one to test.

I’m thinking to buy the Pro 3, but I want to know if you can add them to Homey, I can give you access to that so you can add support for that if possible? Or do you suggest to add the pro 2?

btw: it’s possbile to send a picture via homey -> push by detection?

Yes is the pro version H11 hardware.

Technically yes, however :

Cameras are unable to record video and take a snapshot at the same time.

So practically there is a pretty annoying limitation.

If I take a snapshot from any of my pro 2, I get old pictures (not recording when I do that) I need to take a lot of snapshots before I get a fresh one.

See my above message :