Support for Arlo cameras

Hello

An app for Arlos cameras (like Pro 3, Ultra etc) would be great.
The old app that already exists today, only support one of the old cameras from Arlo and there is no plan of updating the app.

3 Likes

I can not install the app at all.

incompatible_app_version

Does someone has the same problem?

Version 5.0.0 on a Homey Pro (Early 2019)
Just updated a few days ago…

Ok, sounds good but how can I do this?
I’m new here in the community and in the world of homey

Thx for the link! :+1:

Hello

I have to ask again… Does someone has a similar problem with the arlo app?

‘Incompatible_app_version’ which cannot be installed on the Homey.

I tried to contact @Jamie a few weeks ago, but without any response yet.

Would be great if anyone has a good advise to fix this problem :pray:!

OK thx for the advice.

Then I have to work around with Ifttt…

If the app is not longer supported in Homey’s latest firmware, then the app should be removed!

It’s confusing to plan a home setup with apps and equipment which don’t work or won’t work in future any more…

To say something positive; the work around with ifttt works fine with my system.

Br
Bjorn

1 Like

OK good to hear. How do you use it? Just as a trigger?

Just for interest… Is it possible to send snap shots from arlo via homey (with Ifttt)?

It is not that I wont support v5, its simply that I have not had the time to update it to support v5.

Sorry, @David81 this is a unpaid hobbie and as such is a lower priority.

Updating to v5 is actually a very small change and as soon as I have the time I will update it. For everyone who has already installed it (with out 2fa enabled) that app continues to work as expected.

Again to call out if you have enabled 2fa, which I highly suspect you do, this app will not work for you.

1 Like

@Jamie,

What will it take for you to make the Arlo Ultra and Pro 3 camera’s to work with Homey V5?
I’m willing to send you some support $$$ to let you set it a bit higher on your priority list :slight_smile:

How can we support your work ?
Can’t wait for an update ! :heart_eyes:

I use IFTTT to handle the connection to Arlo - it works great.
For example when i arm my alarm, all Arlo cameras are activated. It can go the other way as well (for example ‘Trigger a flow when a movement is seen’).