[APP][Pro][Deprecated] Arlo - Security Camera

What is the exact model number of your base station if you check it out in the Arlo app? Mine says VMB4500r2.

I have three VMB4500r2 and one VMB4000r3

Hey,

Are you able to restart the app, and after a minute then send me a diagnostic code?

I can then check and see what exactly the API is reporting your basestation as.

Also, when you say you cant add it, I am assuming when you attempt there is simply ‘no devices’ displayed?

Thanks

Sure, in PM now.

Latest submission to Athom was rejected as their was mention of contacting me via slack if you have any questions.

“Please delete this information from your readme. The readme is mainly meant to inform your users on what your app can do for them.”

Honestly their entire app store is just plain annoying. Ill remind people here, because apparently the app read me is not the place for … information.

1) Create a new arlo user (with access to your devices) for homey to use.

2) MFA/2FA is not supported

3) I am currently looking into an issue where net connection drops outs stop motion events.

Thanks

2 Likes

Got it to work… Jamie politely reminded me to share the base station with the user account I have for the Homey app :man_facepalming: so… all good now :blush:

1 Like

:+1::joy:

Version 2.0.501 has been submitted to the appStore. However I have to wait for the previous release to be certified before it can be tested.

It should fix the issue people were having where when their internet drops out motion/audio events are no longer published.

Base upon recent feedback we are now at :

Scope Feature Testing Completed
App Installation of Arlo App 8/8 Pass
App Events continue after arlo loose internet connection ON HOLD
v1.0.501
App Events continue after Homey loose internet connection ON HOLD
TBA
Account Initial connection to Arlo from the settings page. 3/3 Pass
Account Initial connection to Arlo from the add device page. 5/5 Pass
Account Disconnect to Arlo from the settings page. 3/3 Pass
Account Reconnect to Arlo from the settings page. 3/3 Pass
VMB4000 Adding VMB4000 Base station 5/6 Pass
VMB4000 Working with trigger when attached camera to the base station has motion event. 2/5 Pass
VMB4000 Working with trigger when attached camera to the base station has audio event. 1/1 Testing Required
VMB4000 Working with condition 'and 'attached camera to the base station has motion alarm is on/off. 3/3 Testing Required
VMB4000 Working with condition 'and 'attached camera to the base station has audio alarm is on/off. 1/1 Testing Required
VMB4000 Motion event flow cards working as intended. 0/0 ON HOLD
v1.0.501
VMB4000 Audio event flow cards working as intended. 0/0 ON HOLD
v1.0.501
VMB4000 Add multiple Basestations. 2/2 Pass
VMB4500 Adding Base station 2/2 Testing Required
VMB4500 Working with trigger when attached camera to the base station has motion event. 2/2 Testing Required
VMB4500 Working with trigger when attached camera to the base station has audio event. 1/1 Testing Required
VMB4500 Working with condition 'and 'attached camera to the base station has motion alarm is on/off. 1/1 Testing Required
VMB4500 Working with condition 'and 'attached camera to the base station has audio alarm is on/off. 1/1 Testing Required
VMB4500 Motion event flow cards working as intended. 1/1 ON HOLD
v1.0.501
VMB4500 Audio event flow cards working as intended. 1/1 ON HOLD
v1.0.501
VMB4500 Add multiple Basestations. 2/2 Testing Required
Basestation Add VMB4000 and VMB4500 Basestation. 2/2 Testing Required

Is there something you want me to test at this point?

No you have been great,

Just need a couple more people to verify that everything works and wait for athom to approve the fix to the connection. So we can test that.

1 Like

I will be able to dig into the last version this weekend due to my schedule beeing what it is and have been this week.

// Ted

1 Like

It’s taking ridiculously long time for athom to approve updates :pensive: isn’t it possible to sideload the new update?

I feel like that would be opening up yet another avenue to monitor which version someone was on when they side loaded it etc etc.

Ill stop submitting updates to the ‘live’ app soon, so we are able to test faster. But for now even if it is limited in features, its best that we get it stable asap.

New devices will be added when the sheet is green :slight_smile:

1 Like

Athom failed the last build because they wanted me to remove something existing from the read me.

I removed the item, bumped the version number, added a change log update for the new version and resubmitted.

Athom have failed the latest version because the change log talks to the fact I updated the readme. Where as it should only talk to app changes.

FML, Not even sure what to do about that, if I do another release … this time with out the changelog … they will fail it.

It seems like Athom just don’t want this app to see the light of day :frowning:

1 Like

If Athom won’t allow this app (I can’t see why they shouldn’t) I’ll be the first to change Homey for another system. Can’t you ask Athom what they want you to do?

I am over this whole process and being treated like garbage by Athom app reviewers.

For those interested below is the last version which is now a test. It should fix the connection issue. I doubt it will ever be a live version.

I have better things to do with my time, then building apps for company who are only interested in wasting my time.

Well I´ve been following this thread as im interested in the arlos, I really hope they reach out to you Jamie this is nothing but bad publicity for Athom.

@Jamie
I have nothing to complain about, I’m really excited about this app and I hope you don’t throw it away. I’m running the last update right now for testing. You won’t open up the app and let others help you?

This new release won’t register motion in the app at all. Restarted the app and disconnected and connected but it didn’t help.

Update 1: Uninstalled the app and installed it again, didn’t help.

Update 2: Installed the live one in app store 2.0.301, and this one works.