[APP][Pro] CronJob - Trigger Flows with Cron Expressions

A very simple cron scheduler. I didn’t want to have to create a separate device or handle some hidden away app settings just to run a flow on a certain schedule as some other apps do.

You can use any cron expression which is supported by cron - npm (npmjs.com).

You can use online tools like Crontab.guru - The cron schedule expression generator to help you generate your desired cron expression.

Some examples:

• 0 0,12 1 */2 * → On the first day of every second month at midnight and noon
  • 30 5-20/3 * * * → 30 seconds after every third full hour between 05:00 and 20:00+
  • */5 * * 6-9 1-5 → Every 5 minutes on weekdays (Mo-Fr) in summer months (June-September)

Stable Version: CronJob App for Homey | Homey
Source Code: github.com

Any suggestions or additional translations are welcome. But I explicitly want to keep the App somewhat simple.

If you like what I have created you can buy me a beer through Paypal.

5 Likes

Great, I grew up (IT wise) with UNIX systems in the 1980s. Though it is some time ago, I fell like home. It is the natural way for recurring jobs for Linux based systems and still one of the most flexible systems.
For example when you have many jobs that have to run once every hour, you can spread them over the hour, that you don’t have high cpu usage at the beginning of the hour.
And for tasks like every 20 minutes from 6am to 8pm, on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays, and only during summer months you don’t need complicated And… cards.
I will love it definitely.
Many thanks :pray: :heart::people_hugging:

1 Like