@Mike1233 fixed :smiley:

1 Like

New app update (test: 1.1.1):

• FIX: online state & desiredTemp

New app update (live: 1.1.3):

• FIX: online state & desiredTemp
  • FIX: align driver names
  • FIX: flowcards

Well done! Was so happy when i found your driver since i was 1000% certain that we had the balboa system in our spa!
Apparently the manufacturer have gone over to a new system called Gecko Intouch 2 for various improvment reasons according to them (i have no idea)

Is this something you could consider creating a driver for?

Thank you in advacne.

Best regards
Tim Eskilsson

1 Like

Hey @TimEskilsson

ah thatā€™s a shame.
I checked the Gecko Intouch but seems like thereā€™s not much for it yet. Found a python package (GitHub - gazoodle/geckolib: Library to interface with Gecko Alliance spa pack systems via in.touch2 module) As far as I see thereā€™s no API available so this would be a custom app. As Iā€™m not that good with UDP packets I donā€™t think I can work on this.

You might want to consider asking this in Homey Community App Requests
Maybe thereā€™s a developer out there who has more knowledge about this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finally received our CMS and got it configured and connected with itā€™s app and controlmyspa.com.
Also got this app working quite nicely, however there seems to be some reliability issue with the connection from my Homey to the iot.controlmyspa.com service. When I restart ControlMySpa in Homey, it recovers the connection and status is updated for the device. It is unknown to me what happens. But last night (19:45EET) was the last measured temperature information received and after restarting ControlMySpa on Homey this morning (06:05EET) the temperature started updating again.

Hey @OH2TH
Hmm that sounds like a authentication issue. Can you send me a diagnostic report once that happens again? (reports are not kept during restarts).

You can send me a report via

More - Apps - ControlMySpa - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report

Will do and send when this appears again. I also increased interval to 900 secs, so maybe it will be more stable now. Data doesnā€™t update that often on the server side anyway.

I saw the same thing. Did you experience an issue when you sent the report?

Yes, but lost the code for the report. It lost access after 8.30 EET, that is when I have the last temperature update.

Check, no problem for the report code :smiley: I get them in my mail

1 Like

When this happens, also the official mobile app becomes weird, it does login and show most information correctly, but measured and target temperature are both 40C, even though setting in physical panel is what they were really set.

hmm This sounds the same as @Mart_76 is experiencing.

The issue seems to be related to the API. It becomes unresponsive every now and then.

Could be, just now did get an successful update, so letā€™s keep monitoring and se what happens.

Iā€™m going to add a button which allows manual update. Will be in the release soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

@OH2TH
There is something else. I already discussed this with @Mart_76

There are 2 types of desiredTemps:

• targetDesiredTemp
  • desiredTemp

So what it looked like is that the heater toggle changed between above two temperatures.

What I would like to know:

• If you toggle the heater button is the desired temperature aligned with the official app?

I already made that switch in this release: [APP][PRO] ControlMySpa - #21 by martijnpoppen

Assuming here that the ā€œheaterā€ toggle sets between Low and High

High setting is used to keep comfortable bathing temperature, and indeed it remembers one target temperature
Low setting is used when the spa is not been used for a longer period, just to maintain lower temp and save energy.

Will do some testing with it now.

1 Like

Get an error when clicking any of those buttons.

Diag report sent. Then restarted app and commands are successful.

Findings from test:
The HEATER button toggles between Rest/Ready states. The heater mode shouldnā€™t effect the target temperature. The definition should be:

• In Rest mode - Heater off, the system only heats while a filtration cycle is running (two times a day, configurable from control panel, defaults to 2h run time and start time 8.00 and 20.00)
  • In Ready mode - Heater on, the system maintains the desired temperature.

Now where the two different desired temperature would most likely effect are with Temperature Range settings:

• High setting is used to keep comfortable bathing temperature, and indeed it remembers one target temperature
  • Low setting is used when the spa is not been used for a longer period, just to maintain lower temp and save energy.

The Low/High Temperature toggle would be good to have.

Iā€™ll check the report.

For the heater Iā€™ll also check.
For what you can see is the desiredtemp set correctly now?

From what i read from the homebridge integration:

The ā€œThermostatā€ device type exposes control of the spaā€™s target temperature and high (=ā€œHEATā€ in Home app) vs low (=ā€œCoolā€ in Home app), heating mode.

The target temperature is separate for the two modes and the valid ranges are also different. If the flow sensor indicates water flow has failed, then the thermostat is ā€œoffā€.