[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Shelly 1 can be a 12v or 24-60v input. Only change the bridge.

I use a sonoff 4ch flashed to tasmota for smart irrigation, and a sonoff sv for garage doors. But shellies work with alexa or google out of the box.

Yes, but is replaced with shelly 2.5. You can’t buy shelly 2 anymore.

I just installed a Shelly 1. But the main reason I bought it for, was to have the wall switch as an input to the Hue light bulb. So not to switch the power on/off, but give an on/off command to the light.

In Homey I can only start a flow with Shelly being turned on or turned off. Is there a way to add the wall switch input?

In the Shelly-interface I would then setup the button type as “detached switch”, and I would like the switch input to be available in Homey as an event.

Thank you for your reply!

The API of the Shelly devices does not support this (yet). You could achieve this using MQTT however as that does have a input switch next to the default relay.

Thanks for your quick reply. I will pass my feature request also on to Shelly :slight_smile:
In the meantime I’ll give MQTT a look.

I fixed it, with help from Bogdan Dinga from the Shelly facebook page. The wall switch is now “detached”, and I use the wall switch input as a trigger in Homey.

MQTT was my way to go: the trigger is shellies/shell1-/input/# (it’s a flip switch, but I want the same scene when I flip it, not switch on/off, otherwise the “#” would’ve been a 0 or 1)

But the Shelly sends every 30 seconds a status update via MQTT. That is a problem, because the update is exactly the same message as flipping the wall switch. I fixed that via a HTTP request. I used Chrome with Postman for that. First a GET request: http://<shelly’s_IP>/settings, then you’ll likely see in the MQTT section that the update_period is set to 30. You can change that by sending another GET request:
http://<shelly’s_IP>/settings?mqtt_update_period=0
The Shelly stops sending updates, and the wall switch is now a perfect trigger for my Homey.

1 Like

Today I received a shelly 1 PM. I will use it to activate a pool pump, will work adding it as a shelly 1? If so, the consumption will not appear, right?

That’s my guess but there is only one way to find out. I don’t have the device and Allterco (the company behind Shelly) told me they don’t update the API docs for another few weeks.

If I have time I will place it today, then I’ll tell you how it went …

@Phuturist

I have already installed the shelly 1 PM. I have added it to Homey as a shelly 1 without any problem, work perfectly.

I have asked on the shelly support page on facebook about the API update and I have been told that there are already 3 ways to see the consumption. I have not understood it very well.

What exactly do you need to implement the consumption in the shelly 1PM?

I need up to date documentation on how the response from the API endpoints look like. If you have any technical skills yourself you could also supply these to me. If you know how to use Postman for requests please let me know and I’ll explain what you can do to help.

unfortunately I have no idea, but if you guide me I will help you as much as I can

Well, I’m on holiday right now and it would take me to much time to explain. I’ll wait for the updated docs.

No problem, there is no rush or need, enjoy your holidays!

The Shelly API documentation has been updated with the Shelly2.5. Is there anyone out there with this device that is willing to test integration (and thus is capable of doing command line installs)?

I’m going to buy some soon, if nobody offers up until then, I’ll be happy to do so.

@Phuturist if it helps just buy one. I’ll make a donation to you for the amount of a Shelly 2.5 plus postage. Its the least I can do for all your work on the app. Would that be ok?

I appreciate the offer but I think it’s better to go with the offer of @Eduardo_Rodriguez as I would not use the device myself other than building support for it. @Eduardo_Rodriguez, let me know when you have received the devices.

I ordered a shelly 2.5 last month. It is already send form Bulgaria and due to arrive next week (or the next). I report again when arrived, we will see if I can be of any assistance.

Turns out only in relay mode there is a real functional difference between the Shelly2 and the Shelly2.5 where now both channels have seperate power measurements. So I have only created a new driver for the Shelly 2.5 in relay mode. For the Shelly2.5 in rollershutter mode the previous driver of the Shelly2 in rollershutter mode should work just fine.

I have uploaded a new version of the app to Github which contains the new Shelly2.5 relay driver. It would be great if someone could test it using a command line install and let me know the outcome before I push it to the appstore.

As soon as mine arrive, I try it and I tell you if it works correctly.

I also bought a shelly EM, can you support it in the future? It would be good to measure the consumption of the whole house in real time.