[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

There is nothing about this product in the API documentation so I would not know how to do this. You could contact Shelly about this and ask them to add it though.

Just got it from the postoffice. I can try tomorrow to sideload the app. First deinstall the appstore app right?
Maybe I am not the right person to bugtrack, as in qualified, but now I have it I can at least try can’t I.

That won’t be necessary, it will overwrite the app store version. Just make sure you install the app store version after it’s been updated to stay in sync with newer releases.

Thanks. I managed to command line install the app.
Tomorrow the fun part.

homey version 2.1.2 (non beta)
shelly app version 1.7.0 (commandline install)

Installed the device, shelly 2.5 (put power on it, connected it to the shelly app, local access only, NOT restricted the access so no password, and updated the firmware, device is in relay mode).
I can use the device with the shelly app on an android phone.

Homey Shelly App:
Apparaten, +, shelly, shelly 2.5 relay, installeren, I type the ip adres and push β€˜test connectie’.

Nothing happens. No feedback, nothing. I do not get past this page.

If I go to the ipadress in a webbrowser I get the device in relaymode.

Any suggestions?

Did you run it from the command line with athom app run when trying to pair and if so, what extra logging was visible there?

Also, did you wait at least 30 seconds after trying to pair, this is the timeout length. It would be interesting to see if it times out.

I’ll double check the pairing code in the meamwhile to see if I missed something.

No. I used the android homey app for that. I will give that a effort

There is no 30s timeout message. Just no timeout.

In general: that green β€˜Test connectie’ button gives no feedback either when I tap it.

athom run app:
that leaves me with:

─────────────── Logging stdout & stderr ───────────────
2019-05-15 12:56:47 [log] [ShellyApp] Initializing Shelly App …

but nothings added when I try to add a shelly device in the homey android app.

I pushed a new version to GitHub that should show more logging. Could you download this version and run it again.

I have not done anything beyond β€˜athom app run’

─────────────── Logging stdout & stderr ───────────────
2019-05-15 16:47:07 [log] [ShellyApp] Initializing Shelly App …
(node:23893) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: out_of_range
at Object.JSON.parse (/opt/homey-client/system/helpers/jsonfns.js:1:1190)
at JSON.parse ()
at jsonToObject (/opt/homey-client/system/helpers/jsonfns.js:1:1083)
at function.e.data.map.e (/opt/homey-client/system/manager/ManagerApps/bootstrap/sdk/v2/lib/HomeyClient.js:1:1379)
at Array.map ()
at HomeyClient._onMessage (/opt/homey-client/system/manager/ManagerApps/bootstrap/sdk/v2/lib/HomeyClient.js:1:1372)
at emitTwo (events.js:126:13)
at process.emit (events.js:214:7)
at emit (internal/child_process.js:762:12)
at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:142:11)
(node:23893) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 1)
(node:23893) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.
at JSON.parse ()
at function.e.data.map.e (/opt/homey-client/system/manager/ManagerApps/bootstrap/sdk/v2/lib/HomeyClient.js:1:1379)
at Array.map ()
at HomeyClient._onMessage (/opt/homey-client/system/manager/ManagerApps/bootstrap/sdk/v2/lib/HomeyClient.js:1:1372)
(node:23893) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 2)
at JSON.parse ()
at Array.map ()
(node:23893) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 3)
at JSON.parse ()
at Array.map ()
(node:23893) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 4)
at JSON.parse ()
at Array.map ()
(node:23893) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 5)

It then repeats itself over and over

trying to install a shelly 2.5 does not make it to the log

@Phuturist Maybe this is more convenient:

Weird, do you have any other Shelly devices already paired. I’m not even sure this error is related to the Shelly 2.5.

Yes, a shelly 2. And it still works.

Also the power measure in the device card?

yep

And something else, could you check if the Shelly 2.5 devices have not been added anyway even though there was no confirmation. It could be the devices where actually added.

No, the shelly2.5 is not added. (shelly2 was installed several months ago)

I’m clueless, not sure how to proceed.

I need to know if th is error comes from the new Shelly 2.5 driver. It appears to come from your Shelly 2 device.

Could you run the version 1.6.0 from the command line and let me know if the error is also there.