[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Hi,
Great with the update for 3EM and merging the three phases into one!
Does this come in the next update and what is “newly added”? Do I need to remove and re-add since I had the 3EM installed for some month now.

Thanks,
Fredrik

Same here Shelly 3EM.
Firmware is latest, 3EM has great wifi strength. If installing Homey offer me the Shelly 3EM but after that only white screen…

Hello Community,

when trying to connect my shelly 1 PM to Homey Pro, I am somehow stuck in a loop. The devices were found, but after the option of selecting an icon (no matter if standard or own), the process starts from the beginning with the screen “adding a shelly”.

In fact the shellys cannot be added as I cannot surpass the icon-selection without being re-directed to the beginning.
Andy ideas what I am missing?
Thanks

Same here :upside_down_face:

Nothing it newly added, it just merges the current three channels into one device. And yes, you will need to re-pair it if you want to use it like that. But wait for the next release, there is a bug in the pairing wizard.

It’s a bug, on it and will release a fix later this evening.

Release 3.28.1 has just been published which fixes the pairing wizard. You can force a re-install in the app store if you dont want to wait until the auto-update.

1 Like

Thanks.
I was referring to the text “… where a newly paired Pro 3EM will…” and if that meant that some devices that was added not to long ago could skip the re-add step and therefore keep the statistic and historical data. But that was not the case, I will re-add with the next update, thanks again!

This in itself is true. Devices paired within the last 1,5 years do not need to be repaired. But if you want to use the Pro 3EM as single device you will need to re-pair it though

It was the bug. After the new update it works directly. Thanks for your quick support.

@Phuturist hello, when you say re-pair, should I delete the device from homey and add it again or you can re-pair it without deleting the divice first? My question is because I have tens of shelly devices and tens of flows connected. I would definitely like to avoid to have to fix all flows.

If these devices are still paired to the deprecated driver (show a warning under the device view) they will have to be removed and paired again. I understand the hassle involved with having to fix the flows but a transition period for 1,5 years seems reasonable to me.

1 Like

Thanks for you prompt feedback!

Thanks. Now it worked.

@Andrea_Marchisi Like @Phuturist earlier said in another comment, you can try to repair your flows with this script.
https://community.homey.app/t/how-to-pro-cloud-tool-to-fix-advanced-flows-after-removing-and-re-adding-devices/65018

1 Like

I’ll try it thanks!

The Shelly app keeps crashing,
Using a Homey bridge and have the latest shelly app V3.28.1
homeyVersion “10.1.0”
I have restarted both the cloud controller and the device.
All Shelly devices are functional when using the shelly app

Anyone else experiencing any problems?

@Phuturist, I love your app and thanks for the support in the past.
Now this might be a wierd question, but could there be a card or other way to trigger a flow when the shelly app on homey got an update?

I have some charging flows & they don’t reset after an update which isn’t really a flaw.
It would just be nice to trigger a reset after an app update.

Is that possible?

Yes, I had another user report this on Github. You can contribute there. Unfortunately I cant reproduce it both locally and on my own test Homey Cloud. There are also no crash reports in my developer tools from cloud instances. And it seems it’s not possible to send a diagnostic report from the app settings either. So I really have no clue if this is app related or something to do with Homey cloud.

Isnt there some other app or power user trigger cards for this. Sorry, but I dont feel the need to built this into the Shelly app.

Have the same issue with app crashing on cloud after the update 3.28.1. Works in shelly cloud.

1 Like

You can contribute in the linked Github issue and answer some environment questions there.