[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Hey guys/girls.

Today I got my first smoke and wall plugs from Shelly however I can’t figure out how to turn off the LED indication completely our customise it on the wall plug any advice where our how to do it ?

@Kevin_Van_breda Have you tried to connect to the device by it’s ip adres in a browser?

No all I get is “Safari couldn’t open the page because the server stopped responding.” However in homey app the wall plug are working I can see if it’s on/off and power consumption so the plug is working.

@Kevin_Van_breda I have a Shelly Plug (wifi) and if i enter the ip adres in Firefox i can go to this page.

I noticed that Shelly RGBW 2 which is set in white mode actually behaves as in color mode.

Please describe the actual behaviour.

And did you make sure the device was set to rgbw2 white profile before pairing?

I’m sure because before all these devices were in normal white mode and I didn’t change anything.

Could you post the output from /status of one of these devices. There must be something in there that triggers the app to add the color light mode.

{“wifi_sta”:{“connected”:true,“ssid”:“haha”,“ip”:“xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx”,“rssi”:-53},“cloud”:{“enabled”:true,“connected”:true},“mqtt”:{“connected”:false},“time”:“16:19”,“unixtime”:1711639145,“serial”:45520,“has_update”:false,“mac”:“E868E7F2DC3A”,“cfg_changed_cnt”:0,“actions_stats”:{“skipped”:0},“mode”:“white”,“input”:0,“total_power”:0.00,“lights”:[{“ison”:false,“source”:“input”,“has_timer”:false,“timer_started”:0,“timer_duration”:0,“timer_remaining”:0,“mode”:“white”,“brightness”:84,“transition”:0,“power”:0.00,“overpower”:false},{“ison”:false,“source”:“input”,“has_timer”:false,“timer_started”:0,“timer_duration”:0,“timer_remaining”:0,“mode”:“white”,“brightness”:84,“transition”:0,“power”:0.00,“overpower”:false},{“ison”:false,“source”:“input”,“has_timer”:false,“timer_started”:0,“timer_duration”:0,“timer_remaining”:0,“mode”:“white”,“brightness”:84,“transition”:0,“power”:0.00,“overpower”:false},{“ison”:false,“source”:“cloud”,“has_timer”:false,“timer_started”:0,“timer_duration”:0,“timer_remaining”:0,“mode”:“white”,“brightness”:100,“transition”:0,“power”:0.00,“overpower”:false}],“meters”:[{“power”:0.00,“is_valid”:“true”,“overpower”:false,“timestamp”:1711642745,“counters”:[0.000, 0.000, 0.000],“total”:0},{“power”:0.00,“is_valid”:“true”,“overpower”:false,“timestamp”:1711642745,“counters”:[0.000, 0.000, 0.000],“total”:0},{“power”:0.00,“is_valid”:“true”,“overpower”:false,“timestamp”:1711642745,“counters”:[0.000, 0.000, 0.000],“total”:0},{“power”:0.00,“is_valid”:“true”,“overpower”:false,“timestamp”:1711642745,“counters”:[0.000, 0.000, 0.000],“total”:43030}],“inputs”:[{“input”:0,“event”:“”,“event_cnt”:143}],“update”:{“status”:“idle”,“has_update”:false,“new_version”:“20230913-131259/v1.14.0-gcb84623”,“old_version”:“20230913-131259/v1.14.0-gcb84623”,“beta_version”:“20231107-164128/v1.14.1-rc1-g0617c15”},“ram_total”:50936,“ram_free”:36428,“fs_size”:233681,“fs_free”:158883,“uptime”:6824643}

Could you check what capabilities the device has under https://tools.developer.homey.app/

Would it be possible for you to re-pair one of these devices and see if the hue and saturation capabilities are added to the device again after its been paired.

[EDIT] Nevermind, found the issue and will be fixed with the next release.

I tried it and the end result is the same. Until I removed the remaining channels that are not used, it was fine.

Upcoming breaking change

Release 3.29.0 will remove all drivers that have been deprecated for almost two years now. Devices still using these drivers (these devices show a notification on the device screen) will stop functioning within Homey if they aren’t re-paired before this release is published. With release 3.28.0 your timeline will show the Shelly devices still using a deprecated driver to give you a heads up about this. The 3.28.0 release is already available in the test channel and is pending approval in the app store. It will probably be released next week.

Some background on this. In August 2022 a generic Shelly WiFi device driver was introduced which replaced all device specific device drivers. This was done to accommodate the ever growing Shelly eco system making the app more manageable and therefor future proof. The device specific drivers where deprecated at that point in time as well. It was communicated that for the time being these deprecated drivers would continu to function but it was recommended to re-pair your devices with the generic driver as these device specific drivers weren’t maintained anymore. Deprecated devices have been showing a notification ever since. Some less used drivers have been removed since then but the time has come to remove them all. We have come to the point that errors are occurring due to these unmaintained drivers. I’m aware there is still a small user base that have ignored these deprecation warnings and all previous communication on this. This small user base is still using the deprecated drivers. But extending the grace periode for even longer than the current 1,5 years will probably not help with this, they will just keep on ignoring it. So this is a final warning, including timeline notifications, to reach at least some of these users and give them the change to re-pair on time. The rest will find out the hard way with release 3.29.0.

My Shelly app has automaticly updated on my HP23 to version 3.28.0
On that Homey i only have at this moment a Shelly 1 and a Shelly 2.
Thay work both without problems at this moment.

Good day I have had Shelly Plus Plug S in my house for a while now but I have from the beginning regularly that the plugs do not work in homey but they do through the shelly app, is there anything I can do about it?

Read the first post in this topic.

Please I need to re-pair the devices because of the update.
How to? Should I remove it and re-add it again? If so I will need to repair all the flows :upside_down_face:
Any other option?

I have deleted the devices and want to Reinstall them. The devices are EM1 with wifi. But I can not install them anymore. Please help. Working with homey 2019. All app are up to date.

The Shelly app has connection. The Shelly app on Homey can find him but after choose default icon it stays on white screen.

please help

Yes, first remove and then pair again. I’m not sure if this works for fixing your flows. If not or if it’s to complicated you will indeed need to fix your flows afterwards.

Check the first post, this is a common issue. Usually solved by updating the firmware of the device to the latest version (which requires to temporary enable the cloud) or improving network connectivity between Homey and the device. It’s all explained in the first post of this topic.

1 Like