[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Thanks, at the begging I was not figuring out how to keep the sensor alive. It’s working with Homey now, thanks.

Shelly Plug S not includable, can’t see whats going wrong

I read everything here but get no hint. I have 30 shelly devices runing (and loves the app), but today a plug s avoids to be included, maybe someone sees the error.

Include process: Autofind doesn’t work, but manual IP finds the plug s, later then this error message: “Device with IP address 192.168.1.127 does not support unicast, make sure you update your Shelly to the latest firmware.

Understood, but this is the setup:

"The curre nt Firmware version of your Shelly device is 20190516-073020/master@ea1b23db No newer firmware available.*"

• other plug s devices have same firmware and works correctly (but were still be included when the big homey shelly app release was)
  • plug s in WLAN included and top
  • reset and boot all, homey and plug s
  • factory reset plug s.
  • web backend plug s works fine (so there is no problem in the hard- and software of the plug s)
  • Enable action execution via CoAP (CoIOT) protocol enabled, but no solution.

I don’t know why that plug s is not includeable.

Thanx so much for any idea :slight_smile:

Stefan

Latest firmware of the Shelly Plug S is 20230109-114426/v1.12.2-g32055ee. Read the pairing instructions from the first post.

Thanx, I didn’t notice that the cloud-app can do another firmware update than the web-UI can. Problem solved. Thanx so much.

@Phuturist - Any chance you can have a look at how I can pair the shelly as roller? Pretty please :pray:

I already told you.

I’ll look into it when I get back from holiday next week

1 Like

How’s the experience so far. Any issues?

Regarding Shelly 3EM.

Are there any plans to add a device for totals to the Homey Bridge/Cloud version of the app?

I have a 3-phase installation and need THEN cards for “total power higher/lower than xxx”.

It can be done by adding 3 THEN cards, one for each “power changed”, but it triggers quite often and the clouds limit of 30 flows started per minute is easily exceeded. Again this can be avoided by disabling/enabling the flows for some time in the THEN card of the flows. But this is not very elegant and one will miss the start of power rise.
The “Virtual Devices” app is not available for Homey Bridge/Cloud.

1 Like

Please submit a feature request on GitHub so I can look into it at a later time.

Should be fixed in the upcoming release.

The first device already holds the total power capability and there is a triggercard available for when the value is changed. You can use a logica card in the then column together with the token from this triggercard to achieve what you want.

There is a “Total power changed” WHEN/Trigger card, but it does not trigger. Is it dependent on a special setting on the device?

Hi, I have a weird behavior since some time back. I have 40+ Shellys and a google wifi mesh network. Has worked very well for a long time. Lately though, a few of my new 1PMs have started loosing their connection to the access point/router. Sometimes your app picks this up and shows a red exclamation mark indicating that the unit is not available. Breaking the power for a second sorts this out and it works for a while. This is really annoying of course, but nothing you can do anything about (unless you have some brilliant suggestion).

What I do need your help with is that sometimes the Homey Shelly app “misses” the fact that the unit is gone. Or at least I can click on and off and everything seems to be fine in the app, I get no error messages or anything. But nothing happens in reality, i.e. the 1PM relay does not activate/deactivate. As soon as I reboot the shellys, everything works well again.

The above scenario makes it very difficult to know when things stop working. Have you every seen this behavior before? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Found the issue, will be fixed in the next release.

Dont think I have seen this exact behaviour as it sounds specific to your network. But since Homey’s own network stack isnt always reliable I dont think it’s a good plan to mark devices as not available when a send command fails. That might affect a lot of other people due to false positives. I’m actually reducing the scenarios in which devices are marked as offline because of Homey unreliability in this area. And just to be sure, the devices arent reachable through Web UI and you can not ping it’s IP address when this happens? I would contact Allterco Robotics and see if this is known scenario to them.

Hello,
could you please check Energy and Total Energy conversion on 3EM Pro? It seems its being reported in Wh and not in kWh.

This may be nothing but myenergie app did that for a day recently as well. No idea if or how there could be a connection but strange coincidence

It’s a bug, I’ll fix it in the next release.

Great, thank you :slight_smile:

Since the latest update my Shelly 2.5 device is unreachable.
When I restart the app it becomes available again but after a minute it drops again.
Apparaat is onbereikbaar: connect ETIMEDOUT 192.168.0.xxx:80

I’m now on Pro 2023 but this happened before the upgrade as well.

Hi, I use Shelly 2.5 to read back the status of the switches. In the update I did by mistake the polling frequency input is gone. My system only works with 2 sec., people have no patience…, can you put the polling frequency in seconds input feature back in or can I download the latest version that still has it? thanks. kind regards, Luc

This is unrelated to the latest update. Follow the networking troubleshoot guide from the first post.

No, this feature is giving more trouble than it does good. If you just fix the CoAP traffic in your network updates are instant and you would not have to rely on polling. See the networking troubleshooting guide from the first post.