[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

I’m looking for users that are willing to test a new release which is now available in the test channel. I’m specifically looking for users that experience devices showing as unreachable. The release does not contain any functional changes but has some refactoring of the code that polls the devices for their status in an attempt to work around the issue where Homey shows devices as unreachable while they are online.

You can install the release from the link below and continu to use the app as normal. If you experience issues please post back here. Also if you don’t have any issues but this release indeed solves your unreachable issues, please post back here. You can revert back to the current live version at any time by installing it from the app store. Your settings and devices will not be affected.

[EDIT]

• version 3.18.0 & 3.18.1 contained an issue where some devices that have not been upgraded to the new generic driver caused the app to crash, that should be fixed with 3.18.2.
4 Likes

Hi.
I have installed 3.18.2 and will report back if there is any issues.

Thanks for your great work :+1::+1::beer:

Just installed it. I’ll let you know if I have any problems.

Had to update the firmware of my Shelly’s and I had to re-add the devices in Homey but I can confirm that the Shelly 1 and 1PM work on both the Homey Pro 2019 and Homey Pro 2023.

Thanks! :raised_hands:

Edit: I can’t save the “Power usage when off/on” in the Advanced Settings. Because it’s a local device that doesn’t require a password I don’t provide this field, but when I try and save the Advanced Settings the validation fails stating that the password cannot be empty.

Is this on Homey Pro 2023? Seems like a bug. There is no way for me to configure that setting as mandatory or optional. It was always optional. For now you can just put in a random password. It will probably ignore it if no authentication has been configured on the device.

I only get the settings error on the Homey Pro 2023. Setting a random password works.

It’s a bug, probably with the new smartphone app. I have reported it.

1 Like

I am using 2 Shelly 3em’s together with Homey Pro (early 2019) and am very happy with how stable amd reliable it works!

Since a few months Homey shows me a warning when I open a Shelly device which says “This type of device might not be supported in the future”. (Or in Dutch “Dit type apparaat wordt wellicht niet meer ondersteund in de toekomst”)
Somehow I cannot find much information on it and if I need to do anything to get rid of this message. Does anyone have more information on this?

Try the forum search form:

Actually I did find that post, but still; there is not much info given. I was wondering for example:
How long should it remain working?
Will simply removing the device and repairing it solve the message?
Is there a way to do that without influencing existing flows and calculations?

You’re going to have to re-pair those devices eventually, might as well do it now (especially since you’ve been getting the warning for a few months now). I don’t know if @Phuturist has a deadline at which the old driver will be removed, but since it’s not being developed anymore you’re losing out on potential new features that are only implemented for the new driver.

There’s a difference between “re-pairing” (pairing them again) and “repairing” (fixing). You need to re-pair the devices.

No, re-pairing means you’re creating new devices, so you need to repair flows and calculations based on the old devices (that you have to remove). You will also lose any Insights data for those devices.

1 Like

Yeah, you’re right. I should find some time to fix before it stops working.

Nevertheless, for me there is a big difference in a warning telling something might stop working or a warning telling something will stop working soon :wink:

That’s how Homey displays deprecation warnings :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I was able to do the “swap” today. For Dashboarding reasons it’s allways a pitty to have to remove and add the same device, because the new added device does not have the datapoints of the old one. I use Grafana together with InfluxDB for this. I assume it should be possible to copy values from the database from the old to the new device, but did not dive into that yet. Maybe something to look at :slight_smile:

Hi,
I’m trying to add to Homey Pro 2019 an Shelly Plus H&T the temp and humidity sensor with the screen I’ve just buyed.

But I’m having trouble, Homey detects the device but after the choose the logo screen it just stucks frozen - this happens disregard of using the normal ou a costumized logo.

I’ve just added a few days ago a Shelly Pro 1PM without problem. Can anyone help with this sensor?

Best regards,
PV

Read the pairing instructions from the first post. You need to make sure the firmware is updated and the device is kept alive during pairing.

I have a Homey bridge and a Shelly Plus 2PM in roller mode, but it shows as separate switches - which don’t work either.

Did you actually pair it at a roller shutter? If so, it’s a bug but please re-pair it first as a roller shutter to make sure.

I don’t recall having that selection, in the shelly app or in homey?

This is when adding to Homey

I’ll look into it when I get back from holiday next week.