[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

463230c3-01e8-42d2-b57f-69afb59a0266

Thanks

Hi ,
The Plus Addon with the DS18B20 sensors, which shelly module should I combine this with?
Can this be combined with any of the ā€œPlusā€ series? 1PM, 1, 2PM and i4?
Thank you!

Br,
G.

Thanx, I may have discovered the issue. I will make a change in the next release which hopefully fixes this. Please be patient.

1 Like

Shelly Plus Addon supporting devices: Shelly Plus 1/1PM, Shelly Plus 2PM, Shelly Plus i4/i4DC

1 Like

Thanks !

I just started using RGBW2 with a RGBW strip but I find it quite difficult to use (yes WAFā€¦). Itā€™s strange that there is a white temperature option since you can only control 1 white channel with Shelly RGBW2.
My strip has warm white on the White channel but in the app it looks like itā€™s cold white that is currently on.

When I select ā€œwarm whiteā€ in the colorwheel then the light turns off.
Maybe itā€™s a possibility to add an option to choose between cold and warm white in the settings and then just add a dimmer-slider?
Or am I doing something wrong here :sweat_smile:

I dont understand your issue but let me explain how this is implemented.

Homey only has two light modes. Based on temperature and based on color, hence the two color wheels. The temperature wheel as shown in the screenshot translates to the white brightness of the RGBW2. So when settings a cold color it should show a bright white and selecting a warm color is will dim the white channel. Where dimming translates to the gain of all channels (color and white).

There is also a setting called whitemode on the RBBW2 which you can toggle when on sets the color to 0 and the white to 225 (100%) and visa versa.

So when selecting a really warm white you might be setting the white channel to 0%.

Adding an option for cold and warm white doesnt make sence as the RGBW2 does not have an option to set the temperature in Kelvin.

Hi @Phuturist!
Thatā€™s indeed what I meant. For example: I have another LED strip/controller that has RGBWW (so a channel for cold AND warm white). This has the same temperature wheel but when I choose warm white it powers the warmwhite-channel and when I choose a colder white it powers the coldwhite-channel.

Since the RGBW2 only has 1 channel for white it would look more logic to just have a dimmer slider in Homey instead of the temperature wheelā€¦

Perhaps, this was implemented a long time ago. Iā€™ll add a slide but I wont remove the light_temperature capability to avoid a breaking change. You will end up with two capabilities doing the same thing.

1 Like

Most perfect would be 2 sliders next to each other with 1 slider for White channel and the other one for the RGB channels (combined of course). But thatā€™s probably not possible :sweat_smile:

IF i try to install the shelly humidity sensor the ā€œuse standard iconā€ option always gives a white screen. (and iā€™m unable to install the device). I tried a random svg file but this didnā€™t help

my shelly relay switched did give an icon to install correctly

Read the pairing instructions from the first post.

Iā€™ve added around 10 devices this week and I had a similar issue, all devices where updated to the latest firmware and where found instantly in the Homey App. But when selecting standard icon the white screen indeed freezes a few seconds (with 1 device I had to wait longer: Ā± 15 seconds) and then adds it anyway.

iā€™ll try again, but even with waiting a full minute it doesnā€™t seem to show an icon

Hi.
I have a problem after the Shelly app got updated recently.
I have a lot of Shelly devices and it has all run perfect until the update 3.16.1. After that update my Shelly 1 devices fails over short time.
When they fail in Homey, they still work in the Shelly app. If I restart the Shelly Homey app, it works again until it fails again. I use the latest V3.17.2.
My Shelly 1 devices is updated to the latest version.
I restart the app every 4 hour.
I was hoping ā€œtimeā€ would solve the problem, but sinces it still is a problem I write this. Hope you can help. Thanks :+1:

When this issue occurs again could you do the following:

• look at the actual error the device is giving when long pushing it in the app and post it here
  • perform step 3.4 from the troubleshooting guide in the first post and post the outcome here
  • send me a diagnostic report shortly after from the app settings and also post itā€™s ID here
1 Like

Hi,
I have the exact same issue since that update.
When performing step 3.4, the connection is made succesfully.
I also noticed following behavior:

• When a device is ā€œofflineā€ in Homey and I switch it on/off in the Shelly app, it immediately becomes available again in Homey
  • I even noticed a couple of times that for a shelly 2.5, 1 device was offline and the second functioned fine.
  • Sometimes (most of the time not) an offline device funtions anyway in the Homey app.
  • Restarting the Shelly app always solves the issue, sometimes for a couple of hours, sometimes for a couple of days.

For the moment, all devices are ok but when I have another device down, I will send a diagnostic report.

Kind regards,
Jan

Hi again.
Both devices has faild again in the Homey appe. They works perfect in the shelly app.
Static IP ect. is ok. and error happend after firmware update.
Diagnostic report has been send: ed9fa424-2293-4c96-88d7-132764969778

Device ID 485519ca18a9 and 485519c9fa50

Hope you can find the error :pray:

Let me give an elaborate explanation on how the Shelly app for Homey works including when this issue occurs and why that not necessarily means that its an error with the app for me to find and fix.

The Shelly app for Homey Pro is based on two communication principles.

1. Receiving status updates from the device as they happen. For gen1 devices these are send over CoAP unicast to Homey and for gen2 devices they are send using an outbound websocket connection to Homey. This is a push strategy and is not the source of the issue.
  2. Asking the Shelly devices from Homey by polling the on a frequent basis (around once per minute). Homey uses the REST API over HTTP to ask Shelly devices for itā€™s status.

Both principles have their own purpose. The first is to retrieve instant status updates of capabilities, the second is a hearbeat for device availability and also when polling the device you can also get additional info which is not send as status updates, for instance the availability of a firmware updates.

The issue that keeps occuring for some users is related to the second principle (polling) in relation to the heartbeat functionality. Basically what happens is that Homey tries to ask a Shelly for itā€™s status and fails to do so. The request made returns an error saying that the Shelly which Homey is trying to reach is not reachable (hence the EHOSTUNREACH error). My app registers this and marks the device as offline. The code doing all this is working fine as it works for most people and also shortly after reboot for people which are having issues.

So the question is, why does Homey at some point fails to ask for status updates even though the device is online and available. I know one thing, itā€™s not the app even though users keep blaming me for this. Itā€™s something related to network communication. This can be various stuff like:

• misconfigured network
  • unstable WiFi connectivity of either Homey or Shelly device
  • unstable network stack of either Homey or Shelly device

All of this is out of my hands. The only thing I can do is maybe work around it. I have already implemented functionality to disable the polling of devices completely. Iā€™m now think of dropping the lifeline functionality completely. This will not mark device as unreachable even when Homey thinks it is. This will essentially stop the underlying issue from showing but wont resolve the issue. At least users wont complain to me about it anymore though.

Hi Jelger,

Iā€™m not blaming anyone for this issue and certainly not you. I love the app and how it works, but this issue is really annoying and I hope to find a solution for it. Can it help if I open a homey support ticket for this? As I understand your previous post, homey has an issue polling and when that happens, it stops polling the device? I have been using this homey since end of 2019 with different Shelly devices and I never experienced similar issues until the app update which forced me to redefine some devices. I understand your explanation but what puzzles me is that at this moment 1 of 4 White channel rgbw2 devices is unavailable while the others function fineā€¦ Itā€™s the same device with 1 ip address. My wifi is very stable and I experienced no issues in that side (working from home 3 to 5 days a week since covid with 2 portables & constant radio streaming to a chromecast). This is the diagnostic report ID of the rgbw2:

d078d392-f855-449e-a4f2-82586fdcb6a

Again, not blaming you and prepared to help in any way to get this solved.

Kind regards,
Jan