[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

(post deleted by author)

(post deleted by author)

(post deleted by author)

Hi,

Having some trouble with the new driver. I have got a lot of shellys and they have all been added using the old individual unit drivers. When I removed one of my shelly plugs and tried to add it again using the new driver get stuck. First I get a loooong list of all the shelly units I already have in homey with no way of telling them apart. When I just take the first unit in the list, I get the following error:

Any help appreciated!

And here is the list of devices. Not easy to know what is what.

That doesn’t look good indeed. It should be a list with devices model with IP addresses. The fact that it’s not is related to that error but I’m not sure yet what is causing it. On what version your Homey and what version of the app are you using?

[EDIT]
Another thing to try is install the test version of the app (version 3.11.2) and send me a diagnostic report after trying to pair your devices.

hello.
I just started 2 “shelly plus 1” buy in May. That communicates perfectly with homey. But I find that these devices are in alarm “This type of device may not be supported in the future” is this really the case?. Best regards

@Christophe_Barres
I thinks that’s the case because there is a new driver for the Shelly’s and you are using now the old ones. They will stay to work.
@Phuturist links to this
https://community.homey.app/t/app-pro-cloud-shelly/765/2883

Hello.
I wanted to download the new driver by uninstalling and reinstalling the 2 shelly 1 plus devices.
But when I reinstall them, the 2 IP addresses are visible on the application shelly but the configuration stops after choosing the image of the icon!!!. what is the solution to this problem?.
Best regards
C.BARRES

You can try to restart the app, restart Homey or do a PTP. (take the power off from Homey for 11 minutes)

This is in the troubleshooting guide from the first post. Upgrade the firmware of your Shellies.

OK, I am on Homey 8.0.5. Just created a diagnostics report with version 3.11.2 installed. Got the guid eb042d02-b801-479c-98d7-fbda656faeba.

Thanks!

Thanx, I can see where it’s going wrong but I still have no real idea why this part of the code isnt working for you while it seems to work for at least 6000 other users.

I see you have an offline Shelly Plug S with IP 192.168.86.78. You should remove it from Homey if it’s not in use as it may affect performance of the app. I have seen weird cases where offline devices where causing issues with the app.

Another thing I’m also seeying is something strange where a paired shelly-plug-s seems to have a capability that should not be there causing errors with trying to trigger a flow card that is not available for the Plug S. I can only see the device id from Homey in the log, you should be able to track down which device it is using the developer tools at Homey Developer Tools. The device id is 317487c2-20f4-4c22-8d23-a47757108f64. You should remove this device as well and try again.

Try rebooting Homey after removing these two devices and pair again.

Another thing to try is pairing through the web interface if it still doesnt work: https://my.homey.app/

Hi All,
Just started with a shelly pro 4pm that is hardwired with ethernet to a switch. Pairing works flawless and actions seem to work good for about an hour.
After this the power usage values are still being read correctly, but the on/off actions are not responding anymore from Homey. restarting the shelly app in homey makes it work again for about an hour. there is no error in the app or in the homey web interface.

All shelly devices are on latest firmware, homey just updated and the shelly app is on 3.11.2.

I do have all my iot devices on a separate routed network however that is closed from further communications. however testing with the firewall open does not help.

hope anybody can help.

I tried to add shelly devices to my Test Homey and see two Shelly apparaat units. After adding the shelly1pm the next time I tried t add a Shelly the Shelly apparaat units where gone. Hope it helps.

Strange issue I never heard off before. Send me a diagnostic report so I can see if there is anything in there but since you see no errors I dont think there is. When communication is not working you should try and follow the first 3 steps from the networking troubleshoot guide from the first post in this topic. If that also doesnt work it rules out my app as the source of the issue.

Thanx for the info, just makes it even weirder though. It seems something in the mDNS discovery of Homey is not doing what it’s supposed to do and malforming or creating ghost discovery results. When they where gone where they replaced with actual discovery results? Could be some timing issue when listing the devices.

OK, so I am getting to understand this a bit better. So I did what you said and removed the weird device. A couple of times, when adding a device to the Shelly app, they appear as something that they aren’t. A least they get a different icon than other units of the same type.

Anyway, I then rebooted the Homey and tried again. Same thing, long list of devices just saying “Shelly device”. I tried adding the first one again with the same result. However! When scrolling down the list I discovered 1 device that “looked like it was supposed to”. I tried adding that. Presto, it worked and it turned out to be the device that I removed yesterday to try “update the driver” (and not see the deprecation warning anymore). Here is the interesting bit. After this, trying to add new devices, I just get an “Couldn’t find any devices to add” (or whatever it says). So my conclusion is that all the other devices in the list are my other devices that have already been added to Homey and therefore aren’t really “available”, i.e. they should not appear at all but are somehow included when there is actually at least one “real” device to add. I’ll try to confirm this tomorrow by removing something else, but they are all tangled up in flows all over the place to it is a mammoth task to “update” them all.

Thanks for your help!

This is really helpful and perhaps something I can actually solve. Please let me know if you can confirm this.

thanks it’s ok now.

Got a question for the experts among us. I have one solar panel with a microinverter. I want to measure the production. For that I have a Shelly Plus 1PM. The microinverter is behind the Shelly and it works fine. The 1PM is measuring the production correctly. Now I also have a Shelly EM lying around (from another project). I connected the clamp to the phase of the microinverter cable. And then I see a small difference in measured power (W). The EM measures about 0.5-1% more. So far, so good.

The strange thing is that the total production (kWh) of the EM is significantly lower than the total production of the 1PM. The EM is about 20% off (lower) from the 1PM. These are the values from the kWh meters of the Shellys themselves. I don’t understand how that is possible. It seems like the EM is measuring the correct amount of power (W), but doesn’t accumulate this correctly in its internal kWh meter. Does anyone have a similar experience or idea?