[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

v3.10.1 - test

• Important message: this release contains some non-breaking but fundamental changes. All previous device drivers have been deprecated for both Homey Pro and Homey Cloud. They have been replaced by a single unified driver for all Shelly devices. Your already paired devices will continu to function but new devices should be paired with this new driver. This will make adding future devices to the ever growing collection of Shelly devices a lot easier.

• Add total energy consumption for Shelly 3EM for Homey Pro and Cloud

• Add total power consumption for Shelly RGBW2 for Homey Pro and Cloud

• Fix for Shelly TRV target temperature being out of bounds and causing an app crash

• Various minor code improvements for both Homey Pro and Cloud

I’m sure the deprecation of currently used device drivers will raise concerns, especially since user will see a message about this in the Homey app. No worries, your devices will continu to function normally within Homey until I decide to fully remove the driver. For a lot of long lived drivers I will probably not remove them at all and no action is required, just ignore the message. I do intend to remove the more recently added drivers for all Plus/Pro devices at some point to reduce the apps footprint. With over 75+ drivers the Shelly app has grown huge. It’s hard to maintain and I’m worried this is starting to impact performance. If you have paired any Plus/Pro devices with Homey you are encouraged to re-pair them using the new driver. I will probably remove the current drivers after the summer to give users some time to fix their flows.

Looking for testers

Version 3.10.1 has now been pushed to the test channel. I’m looking for users that are willing to test this version to make sure it does not impact any currently paired devices. You can install the test version through the link below and validate that your devices are still working and switch back to the current app store version (3.9.12) without any issues. All I’m asking is a little of your free time to make sure stuff doesnt break when I push this version to the app store.

1 Like