[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Very good news! Thank you

I there, after the latest update, the status of the shelly dimmer won’t update in homey… Before this update it was working fine!
Can you please look at it? Thanks!

Cloud or Pro? And send me a diagnostic report.

But I did not change anything related to the dimmer so it’s probably an issue on your end. If there was an issue with the app I’m sure more people would have complained already.

1 Like

Hello Phuturist,

I left my I4 connected for the last few days (maybe this will help with the connection issues you saw in the reports). Just tested it again, still can’t get action based flows to trigger with the I4. In the Shelly web interface all seems well. I read something about mesh systems? Could this be a problem. I am using the Asus ZenWiFi AX Mini (XD4), are there any known issues to your knowledge?

Daan201

Nothing has changed since my last comment to you. It doesn’t sound like a networking issues but I still have to create a test setup to verify if it’s an issue with my app.

Iam use a Pro.
4 days ago it was working fine! but after the update . i get a input status…but after say 3 minutes i get no status …so the flows with action wont work…
but in homey if i put on the light its working very fast!..
also here a mesh network from Unify but in the last 3 days there was no change at all on the shelly’s and de wifi…

This indicates CoAP networking issues. Obviously Shelly is not able to recieve the status updates send by the Shelly Dimmer. Have you tried just restarting your Homey? I also read people solved these issues by making sure the Shelly and Homey use the same access point.

yes, i reboot the Homey more then one time…
Its a mesh network…and the homey and the Shelly are on the same ssid…and on the same floor…So there are on the same Ap i think…

Maby for the time beening…
I can downgrade the app…If i know how…

Does a “Shelly DUO, GU10 RGBW” work with/as the listed as the Shelly DUO (non GU10)?

Thank you for your effort and time!

Yes, that does indeed work fine.

1 Like

Sorry dude but for what time being? I dont want to be an asshole but do you still consider this to be an issue with the app which needs to be fixed? I already told you, there are over 6000 users of this app, dont you think if something like this is broken for some days more people wouldnt complain about it? When I actually break something it usually only takes a couple of minutes for multiple people to report this (and complain or downrate the app in the app store).

The latest release does not even contain changes for the GEN1 devices like the Dimmer. If it is not working for you something else is most likely causing this. At least 50% of the reports in this thread are related to issues outside the functionality of the app usually networking issues. It get’s tiring. Did you follow the troubleshooting guide from the first post in the thread, specifically the second bullet? And as mentioned already, send a diagnostic report. Perhaps that contains some actual useful information.

@Daan201 and @Timo_Rogier:
Perhaps try to Google your problems with Shelly too. There are more reports of Shelly’s having troubles with mesh systems/firmware (or the other way round), incl AiMesh by Asus.

I have connection problems when connecting Shelly’s to my Asus XT8 set as well. There are reports for IoT problems with other brands too.
Both Asus and Ubiquity released updates for their systems (beta or final versions) which might resolve some problems. Heck their support sites.
For my XT8 set, I keep having problems, so for the time being (:wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) I connected my Shelly’s to my Fritzbox, after which my problems seem resolved…

Ok, I just built a test setup with a Shelly Plus i4. There is nothing wrong with the action events for any of the channels. Did have to set every channel to a button instead of a switch for it to work though with my momentary switch setup. Perhaps this is your issue as well?

1 Like

Hello Phuturist,

Thank you very much, everything is working brilliantly now!!! I needed to change the inputs from a switch to a button (didn’t now this setting existed but I found it in the Shelly web interface by clicking the inputs name).

Again thanks for your help!

Daan201

Hi,

I am experiencing problems adding i3 modules. Homey does not recognize them and does not accept manual input of IP address. The strange thing is that I only experience this with my new modules, the two that I have already added work fine and I can also remove and add them again.
I have gone through the steps listed and also tried factory reset.

Modules have fixed IP.
Tried different options, enable/disable cloud and ColoT.

Someone any idea?
Thanks!

What error is shown when trying to manually pair the device?

X Error: Er is een onbekende fout opgetreden [unknown_error]

Nice, very useful. Could you test step three from the networking troubleshoot guide from the first post in this topic.

Do u have a flow example? I am trying, but don’t know how.
Schermafbeelding 2022-04-05 om 21.20.40