[APP][Pro] Circadian Lighting

@alistair simple and useful app, just discovered it :wink: - just a pity that :

Btw I like very much the memory footprint of your app :wink: It’s about 6MB.

@Sharkys You’ve seen that I’ve shared a workaround for that?

1 Like

I see, I saw it but when I saw it I didn’t know what is it good for :wink: Thank you

Btw @alistair , seems there is a bug, when mode is set to night, the temp. is always set to coolest - 0, regardless of the night temperature settings.

Fantastic app! The only thing that I’m missing is a setting for overriding the time the sun rises. Im awake a few hours before the sun rises and it would be great to adjust the light for that.

Basically like in the setting sunrise_time in the Home Assistant integration, this is based on.

1 Like

I have a question, how to get such an element in flow where you can enter these parameters in one lighting window? My all lamps and bulbs only have percentage setting options.

I have a question, how to get such an element in flow where in the lighting window you can enter the dim level parameter? My all lamps and bulbs only have percentage setting options.

When using the slider, the percentage is shown. Internally, the range 0…1 is used. Using a token instead of slider, you can pass a token with values in range 0…1.
So you can use the circadian device token directly. Vlick in the token icon beside the slider and you can add it instead of selecting a value manually.

Exactly, I looked at it over and over and didn’t see the tocen icon. Now it’s clear. I have another question, do you know if in the adaptive setting, you can shift the distribution of divisions into stages? I have the impression that the light gets warm and dim too quickly.

Hi,

Thank you for creating such a great project!

I’m looking to enhance the application with the ability to manually set temperature and brightness within specific time intervals. For instance, in the morning, I want to utilize full brightness even though it might still be dark outside, and the same applies during working hours.

To this end, I’ve been experimenting with extending the functionality of the application. In my fork, I’ve introduced a new device type: “Circadian Timing Zone”.
This addition provides three options to the original “Circadian Zone”:

• Fade Duration
  • Timing JSON
  • Timing JSON for Night Mode

Within the JSON, adjustments can be made for the given intervals.

Here’s a JSON configuration example:

{
    "01:00": {
        "temperature": "circadian",
        "brightness": 0.05
    },
    "06:00": {
        "temperature": 0,
        "brightness": 1
    },
    "19:00": {
        "temperature": 0.65,
        "brightness": 0.9
    },
    "20:00": {
        "temperature": 0.75,
        "brightness": 0.85
    },
    "21:00": {
        "brightness": 0.73
    },
    "22:00": {
        "brightness": "circadian"
    }
}

In this configuration, from 01:00, the device will utilize 5% brightness (0.05), maintaining the circadian temperature. From 06:00, it will operate at maximum brightness and the coolest temperature. Starting from 21:00, the device will use circadian temperature with 73% brightness, and from 22:00, it will fully revert to the original circadian options.

If the JSON fields are left empty, the device will operate as initially implemented, with only circadian lighting.

The “Fade Duration” option is introduced to prevent abrupt transitions or blinking when it’s time to switch. The light will gradually adjust during this duration. For instance, if “Fade Duration” is set to 60 (minutes), the light will begin to increase in brightness from 0.05 to 1 starting at 05:00, reaching full brightness at 06:00 (±3 minutes).

I’m interested in your thoughts on this. I could create a PR to merge these changes upstream (some refinements would still be needed in that case). I’m also willing to refactor the code to integrate these options with the original device. It will continue to operate as is if the JSONs are left empty.

What do you think?

I’m using this app and I think that would be a very nice addition.

Hello,

when I discovered this app I was quite happy as I am hoping to get a substitute for the natural lightning from the Hue app as the scene is not accessible through the Hue API. Somehow I am not able to make it work. Maybe somebody can help out.

I’ve added a circadian zone to my home.

I’ve then created a flow with the trigger “circadian values changed”. Using the tag #Brigthness to set the dim level and do a calculation as described in this thread to get the color temperature.

When trying to start the flow the brightness seems to not be available. Setting the brightness to 1 and 100 seem to set maximum brightness, but the color temperature seems not to work.

The result of the color calculation is 0.08. Maybe a factor of 10 to low?

Could somebody post a working flow and give me a hint why the brightness is not available when starting the flow?

BR
Marco

@Jumpingtrees
For dim value it is good to know that in homey a dimlevel is always betweeen 0 (0%) and 1 (100%).

If you test a flow with triggercards and a trigger card has tags, you always have to enter a testvalue for that tag. If you want to use the actual value from the device, select the capability (brightness) from the device itself (like you did with colour temperature) in your flow.

The colour temperature depends on which type of colour temperature your lamp device needs. I have light bulb who can handle the colour temperature directly, and light bulbs who need the converted one.

Hello for everybody!
The app is perfect, I love it!

However I dont understand everything.
Is there any manual how to use perfect by the app writer / owner?
I miss some technical informations. Hard to find in forum the app capabilities and problems when only a user stupid because he dont know how the app working perfectly :slight_smile:

What can trigger my added circudian zones “devices” what I use always by “adaptive” to set manual?
I always use these adaptive, and today all of the “devices” zonas was on manual, however I did not log in to homey…

Thanks! :slight_smile:
Bence

Dose this app only work for Hue Lights? I am trying to use this for my Wiz down lights but the app is not available when I try to do a flow.

Any help would be appreciated!

@Brian_Chaney the app works for all devices with corresponding capabilities (dim level, colour temperature). See my example for instance.

What do you mean with “ the app is not available?” Do you have a example or screenshot of what you’re trying to do?

Hi Torch,

I have a Color and Tunable White 65W Equivalent 5/6 inch Integrated LED Dimmable Smart Wi-Fi Wiz Connected Remodel Downlight Kit and when I try to build a Flow your app is not there to choose from, so I can not build the flow.

Any idea what is wrong?

Hello @Brian_Chaney
First of all, this is not my app, I’m just a fellow user trying to help a new user of this app.

Did you add a “circadian zone” device already? If not, add this device and set the settings and then the trigger cards should be available.

Use one of the trigger cards in your flow and set the dim and/or colour values of your light with the flow cards of your light device, using the capabilities of the circadian zone device.

Hi Torch,

I did add the app to my homey, but you said add the device and set the settings. That is where I get lost, can you elaborate?

Thanks!

In devices screen of homey choose to add a device. Select the circadian lighting app and then select the circadian zone device to add. This device is needed to get the circadian lighting triggers and values.

The device was already part of my flow, I just found the circadian lighting app yesterday and added to my homey, that’s the point the circadian lighting app dose not show up when I try to edited the flow.

See attached snip shot.