[APP][Pro] Chronograph - Adds precise timer, stopwatch and transition functionality to Homey

Good that it is solved.

But I do think that stopping a non-running timer should not be handled as an error.
If someone needs to know if the timer is running before stopping it they should use the is-timer-running card.

@Arie_J_Godschalk what is your opinion?

Well, i kinda agree with you.
However, just changing it would break/chsnge current behavior.
I might be able to create settings for it, so you could disable the throwing of errors when timers/chronographs are not running.

Do you mind creating a ticket for it?

1 Like

Will do

1 Like

Hi Pros,
can i do the following with Chronograph:
If switch one is opened
Start to count seconds until switch one is closed. → current count = saved
if switch two is opened
start to count seconds backwards from saved value until switch two is closed

Szenario is a electric pool cover, where i cant place door sensors, so with counting the opening and the closing time i can estimate if the pool is closed (if the value is around 0).

Thank you

Not sure if you can count backwards, check the flow cards for the app.
If not possible; have one counter/stopwatch for each switch and compare the end values.
If value1-value2 ~ 0 then ok.

Hi guys,

I have installed the application, and tried to add a timer in my devices, but it fails every time, it says it can not find the device.
Am I wrong with something, or I misunderstood something ?

Thanks !

It works a bit different. No need to add a device.
To create a timer (or stopwatch or transition), just add a flowcard, and enter a name in the “pick” field → and then click on that name which gets shown with the label ‘new’.

From what I know, the timer card should (test)run at least once to actually create the timer.

The only purpose of the Chronograph devices is, to display an existing timer’s state (running/stopped), and the remaining time, and you can start/pause the timer.
But you can do the same in the app settings, where all of your timers, stopwatches & transitions are shown.

Ok, it’s clearer to me now. Just tried in a flow, and it works as expected !
Thanks a lot for your help !!

And thanks to the developer for this module !

1 Like

Glad I could help!
When you like to see several use cases, search for ‘chronograph’ in this nice thread:

Can someone please help me understand how this works? I would like for example when a button is pressed to turn on a specific light OR if it is already on to dim it to a specific level. I have tried this way but nothing happens.

This is the minimum value of the lamp and it is turned on :

Pls use the search function for this topic or the complete forum. There are already several explained samples, including a [HOWTO][PRO] Dim lights with buttons using transitions.

What you want, is not a transition, but just a simple if-then-else statement.
Click-> if light is off, turn on, else, dim to certain percentage.

Transition is ment to dim stepwise in a certain period (without any further clickin on a button).

Hi @Arie_J_Godschalk

Is it possible to show the total elapsed time of a stopwatch in whole hours only?
Use Case, we now have a number of ‘candles’ with batteries. These ‘candles’ are turned on and off by Homey through IR. This works great. Now I want to capture the total ‘burn’ time, so I setup a couple of stopwatches for the different kinds. As these batteries should last 400+ hours, I want to see the stopwatch time in whole hours. Not in days:hours:seconds. Using the ‘Hours’ value, it omits the days. So that is pretty useless.

Do you have a solution for me?

Out of my head: it has a elapsed in milliseconds tag also right?
You can use the Better Logic Library app to convert time-ms to a timeformat of your choosing.

1 Like

I think you could use Better Logic Library App för Homey | Homey to convert to hours.

2 Likes

@Arie_J_Godschalk @Anders_Gregow combining both your suggestions. That works quite fine for me. thank you very much

2 Likes

Hi experts,

I would really like to use full potential of Chronography App available here on store, but it looks a little too much for beginner like me, is there any instructions or anything where I can read just about basic functions to start and stop timer :smiley:

Thanks

If you mean the app Chronograph then you could start reading here.
Several examples are given there.
https://community.homey.app/t/app-pro-chronograph-adds-precise-timer-stopwatch-and-transition-functionality-to-homey/18214

A link to an app topic is often displayed at the bottom of the app page.

2 Likes

Hi @Arie_J_Godschalk,

After a long time, I’m about to create a new Advanced Flow using the Chronograph app and I want to create and save a new timer name. However, the new timer name is no longer saved.
So after entering the name in the “Pick” field and then confirming as “New”, confirmation by pressing the enter key also doesn’t work, the name is accepted…

…but cannot be selected in any other timer flow cards and the name does not appear in the app settings.

I have already tried the following points several times and in different orders, unfortunately without success:
– Reload website
– Restart Chronograph App
– Installed the test version v2.1.3
– Used different browsers (Opera, Chrome)
– Used different Flow cards
– Restarted Homey

BUT, after I had also made some tests with a standard flow, the new name was saved. The name is now also listed in the app settings and can be also select it in an Advanced Flow.

My setup:
– Homey Pro (early 2023), Firmware v10.3.5
– Chronograph App v2.1.3
– macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 (23E224), Opera One (Version: 109.0.5097.45) (arm64), Google Chrome Version 124.0.6367.62 (Offizieller Build) (arm64)
– Diagnostic report #: b15645a3-6756-437a-b478-ba8b5fb35627

1 Like