Flows from hour to hour. Why not? How to be able to do it?

Hi, Homey Pro here.

I have not been able to find anything effective in the community, but how is it possible that in Homey’s Flows there is no starting condition that takes into account a time period of, say, 5 PM to 7 PM? Or, “starting at 5 PM…”

How can I accomplish this?

I tried to download the Chronograph app but there are no instructions and it talks about Pick and Tag. It is not clear at all. I don’t know how to indicate seconds, hours, in the Flows.

Can you help me?
Thank you.

The 2nd line below the example card pic is the instruction?
Most apps have a dedicated topic with more info and howto’s. Those links are to be found at the bottom of the app store app pages.

But I think you need this neat app:

Howto

So kind, Peter!

No, the instruction are here, and basically are not instructions.

My image explain the only way to use Chronograph, via Flows, because it’s impossibile to add “Chronograph devices”.

I see that Action Scheduler has the same complexity.
I have to add a device with a Scheduler at a certain time (not period of time) and for certain days, to use it later in Flows.
But in Flows the dark way of running things returns.
I don’t know what the tags refer to if I can only indicate minutes, and are “minutes before scheduled time”. Why these limitations?

Why does the smarthome have to be so complicated?

I just need to create an automation to say that from 5 PM to 7 PM the Fibaro motion sensor should send me a push notification on my phone if it detects someone.

(thanks, Peter)

Homey’s triggers work on an actual state changes, like “[IF] it turns 5 o’clock” or “[IF] a light turns on”.
And between 5 and 7 PM is a condition (so AND).

So your thinking is the other way around then you should:
[IF] motion activates;
[AND] it is between 5 and 7 pm; (build in Time card, no apps needed)
[THEN] send notification;

screenie

2 Likes

THIS! IT’S WORKING!
Thx @Caseda !

(A reflection in the margin)
I understand that low-power sensors need to manage their energy resources and thus they are the ones to command triggers, but why can’t the UI be “turned around” to obviate these needs?

If I pointed to the time condition first, Flow would not work.
With your system it does.

But I don’t “need to know how a technology works”; I just need to be able to use it.

So why doesn’t Homey’s app (and other smart home ecosystems, let’s be clear) make sure it uses its tools following a less engineering logic?

Thx again. So appreciated. :sunny:

Hi Leclettico, you’re welcome,

Now that’s a clear description to work with (to me) :wink:

On the subject on how Homey flows can/should be designed: yes, it has it’s quirks and we have to ‘get’ how it works best.
If you want it changed, you should contact Athom, the forum users here can’t change it :grimacing:

There is no system you can manage 100% right away without a little RTFM in my opinion.
Cheers and have fun with Homey

1 Like

@Leclettico

You are being funny!
I disagree with your comments about Homey and there are no quirks here.
You can literally do what you said, so why blame it on engineering?

Here’s what you wanted:
5 PM to 7 PM the Fibaro motion sensor should send me a push notification on my phone if it detects someone .

Here’s what you need to put into a flow:
IF it detects someone
AND it’s between 5-7PM
THEN send notification.

It is literally what you want.

I know that every beginning is hard but I’d prefer you do your learning in a more positive way. It’ll go faster.

1 Like

@Rrrr thanks for sharing your opinion. I’m still on mine. :vulcan_salute:

Obviously then learning is not your best part.
If you need help with the amazing app Chronograph let us know…

1 Like

Sure!