[APP][Pro] ChargeAmps

Have you removed the AURA you had in your homey and then added a new after you installed version 3.2.0 of my ChargeAmps App?

No all the app was reinstalled on the new one. Haven’t done anything. Since all other apps works fine. It was only this one that didn’t get through properly.

Do you want me to remove the app and install it again? But then I’m afraid my flows will disappear or get broken

There have been changes in the App due to problems in my development environment.

This is what you need to do to sort out the issue.

1 In the Homey, delet the AURA device (not the ChargeAmps App, only the AURA device you added when you installed the App.

1. Add a new AURA device in your Homey

Oh thanks for the guidance. you are right when I reinstalled the device it started to work again.
however I noticed that the new feature you added for LED ring is not possible to change. It is reading the status of but I cant change for example from Medium to Off. I have tried to restart the app but no luck.

Hello @Goliath

Nice to hear that a remove/add of the AURA device solved the biggest problem you hade, but unfortunately you ran into additional problem.

Could you do this for me:

• Try to change the LED ring setting with the app
  • Generate a Diag Report in the App and send me

I think I know what the issue is but need the Diag report to verify it before doing any changes.

Does the other new feature work (RFID and CableLock)?

@Lars_Henningsson

What type of ChargeAmps charger do you have? (AURA, DAWN or HALO?)

I am now working on a solution to be able to add more than one charger to your Homey, but need to know what type of charger I should start with.

@Allram

I´m working on a solution for multiple chargers, I hope to have a first test version released at latest tomorrow.

1 Like

Sure I will send it over. RFID lock and cable lock is working, but not on/off outlet 1 and 2. I get error that says: Missing Capability Listener: aural onoffButton

Thanks @Goliath

I found the issue with the on/off for outlet 1 and 2 that didn’t work, and also have done an attempt to fix the LED Ring issue.

New Test version is now available:

New TEST version released (v3.4.0)

News in this release:

• Support for multiple HALO devices.

@Allram & @Lars_Henningsson please test this version to see if it work with multiple HALO devices. PLEASE NOTE!!! You MUST remove existing HALO devices in your Homey and then add new HALO devices for this version to work properly !

P.S.
Similar support for AURA and DAWN will be added soon
D.S.

Another new TEST version is released (v3.5.0)

News in this release:

• Support for multiple DAWN and AURA devices.

PLEASE NOTE
With this release the handling of adding devices have been completely re-written, this also effects how devices are handled in the App. Due to this you MUST remove any ChargeAmps devices previously added in your Homey and then add new devices once this version is installed.

Version 3.6.0 now pushed to publication as new official release.

Compared to version 3.5.0 it is mostly cosmetic and language/translation changes in this release but will be the first official release with these new features:
AURA:

• Support to add multiple devices to your Homey
  • Support for RFID control
  • Support for Cable Lock control
  • Support for LED Ring control

DAWN:

HALO:

Halo Charger status seems not to change when plugged into car, before update it changed to “connected”, now it stays “Unknown”. When charging turned on it changes to “Charging”

See my error log: 53303d37-55a7-4a40-b8e1-48dcabda78a3

installed version 3.6.0

@Rune_Bronimo I Will look into this.

What model of charger so you have? (AURA, DAWN or HALO)

Halo

New Test version published (3.6.1)

Changes in this version:

• Support for access to only one of the charging ports in AURA (See details below)
  • Fix for LED Ring changes with FlowCard in AURA
  • Fix for ChargingPort status in HALO

Regarding support for access to one Port in AURA:
In some installations two users share a AURA charger and only have access to one of the ports in the charger. This didn’t work in this App as it got so many error messages about unauthorized access.

An solution for this have now been implemented, In the settings for an AURA charger where you previously only could configure the Ampere limit you now also have an option to select what Port/ports you have access to. The default value is ‘Both’ but you can select either Port 1 or Port 2. Once the settings have been changed the App will only control and collect data for the port you have selected.

Hi Borgen, thanks for all the effort!

I tried out the test version, but it do not catch when plugged into car.

The status is now Unavailable instead of Unknow.

I want to highlight, this is when the Halo Charger is OFF. (This worked in old version)

It only change status when Halo Charger is ON, then it changes to “Connected” and “Charging” when car start charging.

@Rune_Bronimo

This is strange, I only have an HALO charger to work with so thought that this would be an easy problem to solve as I could test it myself :face_with_spiral_eyes:

(The ‘Unavailible’ you see comes from ChargeAmps, for me it says the same in their App when the car is disconnected.)

In my App (v3.6.1) my HALO (which is turned off) it said Connected when the cable was connected to my car.

I now went out and disconnected the car and the status in the App changed to disconnected.

I waited a while and then connected the car again and then the status changes to connected.

This with the Charger Port in ‘Off’ all the time.

A question to you, what status do you get in ChargeAmps iPhone/Android App? With the charger port in “Off”, what status do you get in their iPhone/Android App when the car is disconnected (and have been disconnected for at least 30 seconds) and what stats do you get when the car is connected (and have been connected for at least 30 seconds)?

Halo off + disconnected car = Unavailable

Halo off + connected car = Unavailable

Halo on + connected car = Charging

Now i stopped charging in car

Halo on + connected car = SuspendedEV (stopped charging in car)

Halo on + disconnected car = Disconnected

Can it be related to the car, but it worked before? Do you know how it check for connection? small power consumption?

I also did some looking into the API via postman, could not see status change their either.

Halo firmwareVersion : 180
Halo HardwareVersion: 2
occppVersion: 1.6

Don’t know if that helps anything.

But does yours work in your version 3.6.0? - wondering if it is my charger, that needs a factory reset or something.

From the information you provided it looks to be an issue in your HALO. As my App in the Homey provides the same status as you see in ChargeAmps iPhone/Android app my App is performing as it should.

It seems your charger doesn’t see that the car becomes connected for some strange reason.

I can’t fix that type of issues in the App in Homey, I use the values that the charger provides and in your case it looks like it doesn’t provide valid status information.

1 Like