[APP][Pro] ChargeAmps

That would be fantastic!

I have sent you a PM with details about what I need.

Test Version 3.0 is now available!

News in this release:
Initial support for AURA with basic functionality

PLEASE NOTE! Version 12.0 (or later) is required in your Homey to use this App

First of all, great to see Aura support!
Working pretty well beside that it get stuck on updating once charging starts. It won’t detect when charging is completed

Hi Goliath!

Thanks for your report and feedback!

Positive news to hear that it is at least working in some way :slight_smile:

I dont have an AURA myself and no access to an AURA, so are a bit challenging to develop the support for it.

Would need some help from someone that has full access to an AURA and could provide some data from ChargeAmps Swagger (place to test different commands towards the charger).

I have full access since I own one myself. But don’t know how to contribute. Would you want me to send over diagnostic reports to start with?

1 Like

Hi,

Unfortunately, I’m no longer able to turn off my HALO via Homey if it’s charging when I try to turn it off. I can still turn it off if it’s not charging. I’m using the “Turn off” flow card.

I can still turn it on without any issues.

I noticed that Charge Amps has made some changes in their iOS app. There’s now a button labeled “Charge.” Perhaps this change is related to the issue?

In Homey, I have ChargeAmps version 3.0.2.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue and possibly found a solution?
HALO Turn OFF
ChargeAmpsiOS

@Simon_Valkaer

Hi Simon, thanks for the report.

This is as you write most likely related to changes that ChargeAmps have implemented. Unfortunately I can´t see it in my setup and investigate, mine IOS App still looks the same as before the change, probably based on what version of software you have in the HALO.

But I will look into this and see if I can find a workaround/solution

It seems like i can only add 1 of my 2 HALO chargers.
Dont know if that is a limitation on this app or the api?
I have both chargers in Tibber and the ChargeAmps app :⁠-⁠)

@Allram
There is an limitation in the App currently which only makes it possible to add one charger, it is on my todo list to implement support for multiple devices.

1 Like

@Simon_Valkaer

I have implemented one thing that possibly could have an effect on what you are seeing, but as I can’t reproduce your problem in my setup I am far from certain that it will help.

If possible please try out the latest test version of the APP:

Hi Borgen,

Thank you for looking into this and implementing the potential fix.
Unfortunately, I won’t be near my HALO and Homey setup until next week. As soon as I’m able, I’ll test the latest test version of the app and get back to you with the results.

Thanks again for your support!

1 Like

Have installed your ChargeAmps app for my Aura charger and Homey says its charging with 700W long after charging on connectorId 2 have stopped. Checking the endpoint ‘chargepoints/:chargePointId/status’ returns:
“connectorStatuses”: [
{
“connectorId”: 1,
“totalConsumptionKwh”: 12.147000312805176,
“sessionType”: “ThreePhase”,
“status”: “SuspendedEV”,
“measurements”: null,
“startTime”: “2024-08-22T05:57:47”,
“endTime”: null,
“sessionId”: 79076427
},
{
“connectorId”: 2,
“totalConsumptionKwh”: 0.0,
“sessionType”: null,
“status”: “Finishing”,
“measurements”: null,
“startTime”: null,
“endTime”: null,
“sessionId”: null
}
]

@Stefan_Rehnberg

Thanks for the report! I have written you a PM with additional questions.

I do believe I know where the problem is in the code but need some more information to be able to correct it.

New Test release, should handle different statuses of the AURA a bit better. But only a first test for verification. More improvements will be added in the near future.

New official version (3.1.0) released.

• Several fixes for the AURA Device which did not work well in the original release. Majority of the problems seen/reported should now be adressed.
  • Some minor adjustments for the HALO device
  • Changed to ChargeAmps API v5

New version (3.1.2) released.

• Fixed an bug in the error handling in AURA device
  • Better management of data when charging is completed in AURA device

New Test version (3.1.4) released.

• Control for GroundLight in AURA implemented
  • Control for LED Ring in AURA implemented

New Test version (3.2.0) will be released later today or tomorrow.

IMPORTANT THING ABOUT THIS UPDATE!
I had a meltdown in my development environment :woozy_face: and had to redo a lot of the work from scratch, unfortunately this will have the effect that the App is not identical compared with before.

If you just install the update it will not work, you will have to remove the ChargeAmps device you have in your Homey and add a new ChargeAmps device.

This will effect all users going from version 3.1.4 (or lower) when they install version 3.2.0 (or higher)

News in this version:
Halo:

• Support for RFID On/Off
    Dawn:
  • Support for CableLock On/Off
    Aura:
  • Support for CableLock On/Off
  • GroundLight removed as the device does not have that capability.

Version TEST 3.2.0 is now available.

PLEASE NOTE:
I had a meltdown in my development environment :woozy_face: and had to redo a lot of the work from scratch, unfortunately this will have the effect that the App is not identical compared with before.

If you just install the update it will not work, you will have to remove the ChargeAmps device you have in your Homey and add a new ChargeAmps device.

This will effect all users going from version 3.1.4 (or lower) when they install version 3.2.0 (or higher).

Hi again,
Trust all is good with you.
I bought Homey Pro 2023 today and everything went smooth with the migration from Homey Pro 2019 to 2023. beside ChargeAmps that wont connect. I have a triangle warning. When I click on the icon it says invalid Capabilities measure_power2

I have created another diagnostic hope it will help: b3c06fc0-bd68-414d-be58-a89084e86da4