[APP][Pro] Better Logic Library - Just some better logic, variable and library management

Thanks for the donation :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your welcome. Thanks for your support.

1 Like

GM Arie

Note, when opening the App Settings Page with the HP2023, only an ā€œErrorā€ message comes upā€¦

Chris

1 Like

@cgHome Show me the error / printscreen please?

Sorry, is this for me?

1 Like

No, sorry, my bad.

1 Like

Hello @Arie_J_Godschalk,
I have migrate from 2019 to '23 - now are insights will not be updatet.
The value in BetterLogic ist changing, but nothin happened in insights.

Yeah, i have reported this to Athom and waiting for a fix on it, itā€™s behond the scope of the app itself, itā€™s a bug om the HP2023.

1 Like

Thank you very much <3

1 Like

Arie I sent you debug log - dc0c61f0-60dd-4bc8-afee-4d7f190d34b6 - not sure what you will see there, but basically I have enabled file server to replace another app and lower memory utilisation and as soon as I access Homey on the file server URL, it crashes.

status "ok"

and afterā€¦

obrazek

Btw how to I upload files there? :wink: Is it possible to use it as MP3 storage to play then with Google Chromecast ?

@Sharkys

Yes its possible, can you create a ticket, iā€™ll create a short manual how to do this with the betterlogiclibrary npm packages, it already contains all you need for it.
I have it implemented in multiple apps, and there are multiple ways to upload a file.
I just need to add it to the developer page.

Please let me know how you accessed it, so i can build in some response message for it.

1 Like

It is mend to serve short-living files, if you want to really store files, better use the MicroWebServer with the ftpclient for example.
Altho, the ftp client uses very little MB/resources, and uses BLL :slight_smile:

But please ket me know how you would want to use BLLā€™s fileserver for chromecast?

1 Like

Yeah, I was thinking thatā€™s maybe the primary purpose - eg. to download export and then close webserver.
Itā€™s also true itā€™s kind of hidden advanced functionality so maybe itā€™s not worth to implement it, after all Iā€™m using MicroWebserver alreadyā€¦just I got the idea to get rid of one app, nothing more :wink:

I thought it would be possible the same way as MicroWebServer ā€¦ ?

obrazek
(not sure if eg. Cast Audio URL wouldnā€™t be faster but that do not work for some reason and is described also as known bug in MicroWebServer app)

Install the FTP client app, create a FTP device (micro webserver will be found automaticly).
Now use the ftp client flowcard to retrieve an URL to a file and cast that URL. It should work.

1 Like

Thank you, but that will not help me with intention to lower nr. of app ;-))))

Haha no, altho ftp client only uses 7mb memory on hp2019, its very lightweight.
I can buildin a flowcard into BLL to retrieve a file from url and respond it through the buildin fileserver.
Than you can use that MWS url, and you will get an BLL url (local and cloud) which you can than cast.
It should work (ftp does the same) and all functionalities are there already and you would not need an extra app :slight_smile:

Perhaps you could test it once, to see if the url from ftp client does work to cast?
If so, i can build it easily into BLL what you need.

1 Like

Thank you Arie, the question is - is it within intended scope of BLL ? Iā€™m not sureā€¦ sound as good idea but question is if someone will be using itā€¦

Re FTP, will check if I really understand what you mean. Problem is that kids are sleeping already so maybe tomorrow will be sound check :wink:

Thank you for your support !

1 Like

Well, yes, the idea of the BLL fileserver, is to make local/LAN files available for a short period with unique id/keys, that can be accessed locally but also through the cloud, thus you can access those files anywhere.
Meaning, you can send files that are somehow connected to homey, to any device, even if that one is not on the LAN.

One of the big advantages is exporting excel files from f.i. Simple-LOG on the Homey Mobile App while you are on holidays, or when you want to send it to a cloud service.

Having a flowcard that transforms a local/lan url into a temporary keyed cloud url was always on my todo list, since that will allow sending files directly to another cloud service.

Plus, the whole system/ functionality is already there, i am just missing the flowcard for it :wink:

2 Likes

Well, the FTP client will allow you to browse through the MWS and get an URL for any file. But that url is not the MWS url, but a FTP client url (it has a fileserver which was the basis for the BLL fileserver which i am already migrating to to make the ftp client use even less resources and the BLL fileserver is more advanced).
If casting the mws file through the ftp client flowcard url does work, than i know for certain the to-create BLL flowcard will work also.

1 Like