[APP][Pro] Balboa

Condition card condition_HEATER for Heater Mode has values ON, OFF, WAITING and condition_HEATER_state has only ON, OFF

In theory those duplicate each other, however now:

condition_heater_mode is missing or partly is in condition_HEATER and reflect values from measure_heater_mode capability.

oops yep that was a mistake. Will correct that :wink:

Get really confused with this double heater functionality :joy:

1 Like

New app update (TEST: 1.9.1):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: NEW: SetTime (Thanks @OH2TH)
2: NEW: Add Ozone
3: NEW: add circulation_pump
4: NEW: add heater

FIXES:
1: FIX: deprecate runMode
2: FIX: deprecate double heaterMode flowcard
3: FIX: heaterMode
4: FIX: heaterMode & Heater conditions

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - ControlMySpa - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

You can install the test version by clicking the link above and press install

Don’t want to be part of this test version? Install the live version → ControlMySpa App for Homey | Homey

New app update (LIVE: 1.9.1):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: NEW: SetTime (Thanks @OH2TH)
2: NEW: Add Ozone
3: NEW: add circulation_pump
4: NEW: add heater

FIXES:
1: FIX: deprecate runMode
2: FIX: deprecate double heaterMode flowcard
3: FIX: heaterMode
4: FIX: heaterMode & Heater conditions

More - apps - ControlMySpa - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

Hi,

i have a problem with CMS connection. I believe this is not a problem with homey APP but does anyone else have this problems and know how to fix it?

Homey APP shows Online:NO and CMS application on my android phone shows “Spa not found”. I installed Gateway ultra modules february 1. Installation went well and both ContorMySpa application (android) and homey app worked great. However since february 8. connection failed. Gateway Ultra Home module shows solid green light so connections should be OK? ControlMySpa application starts up on my phone and login is successful but app only shows “Spa not found”. I already tried to reboot both Spa and Home modules.

Hi!

Had similar situation about the same time. Restarted ControlMySpa app on Homey and updates started working again. I have a feeling that Balboa has done some changes to how the session is handled.

CMS cloud service is unfortunately unstable as platform and I have given some feedback through Novitek, the vendor of my spa.

To see the situation on the CMS cloud service, you can also login to https://controlmyspa.com and see what happens. You will see from there if the indoor unit is connected with spa and if the cloud is connected with indoor unit.

Screenshot 2023-02-13 095225

Spa status should be the same as CMS App in Homey for Online.

The Connection Status

• Serial port (RS485) shows if the spa module is connected with the spa
  • Wifi-signal - not applicable, since there is no wifi used
  • Ethernet-port - connection status from indoor unit to your network
1 Like

To see the situation on the CMS cloud service, you can also login to https://controlmyspa.com and see what happens. You will see from there if the indoor unit is connected with spa and if the cloud is connected with indoor unit.

On that page after login i get “Sorry, an unexpected error has occurred (not found). Please try again later.” Manage profile page has my information right, but all fields concerning the spa are blank:

I sent email to support@controlmyspa.com and asked if they can help me with this.

Ok, that looks like that your Spa instance has somehow dropped out from the system. Indeed an issue with your spa and the CMS service. You should probably open a support request with the spa vendor.

Would be interested to hear if you get any feedback directly from ControlMySpa support.

Something strange is going on with CMS. I have a feeling that something has changed in the API. However there has not been an update on the mobile app.

Even after restarting the CMS Homey app, there is no data coming. While the mobile app is fine.

Just got a report.
No sure from who. But it shows an error. Will fix that

1 Like

New app update (TEST: 1.9.2):

Changelog:

FIXES:
1: FIX: InvalidEnumValueError: OFF is not a valid enum value

You can install the test version by clicking the link above and press install

Don’t want to be part of this test version? Install the live version → ControlMySpa App for Homey | Homey

1 Like

That was quick. And now data is good again. So it was the Off values circulation pump or ozone.
Looks like working now.

1 Like

Yeah circulation_pump has a OFF value too. And it was not part of the ENUM

1 Like

Something is still of. Did a restart four hours ago just to verify. Measurements do not update:

Diag sent.

@OH2TH strange, no errors and the data is updating. At least the api data is coming in.
So might be a stuck api on the CMS side

CMS mobile app works. Strange indeed. And after an restart on Homey, the app updated fine again.

1 Like

Heving issues with latest release, tried restart and reinstall, homey restart with no luck, CMS app is running just fine. Somehow the homey app is not indicating correct status online/ready and temprange, online 4 days ago. I can still send commands to the tub, blower pumps etc. The actual temperature reading seems to update sporadic as well.

Great app hope you get it running again

Hey @Jan-Erik_Klokk
I do see errors in your logs. Dont see the relationship with the last release but will try to make a fix tomorrow :slight_smile:

Had a look also into this. After a while the api is getting 500 Internal Server Error and doesn’t recover. Could it be that the session expires? They should respond with unauthorized though

Then again the balboa api library should also return the error to the user and make the device unavailable, right?

1 Like