[APP][Pro] Asus WRT

After update to 2.0.13 devices did not send any data, restart did not solve. Therefore removed and re-added the devices.
Devices were discovered and added but still no data being received.
Debug Report is e82ff3cf-7a44-44c7-b098-600cbd4a0993

Again updated to 2.0.14 and re-added all routers and access points. Same behaviour as in 2.0.13. No data being transmitted.
Debug Report: a8888132-34d9-47ee-b9a2-08f219f9702d

Hi Kai, I just dived into the reports and found out that your blue cave router is sending some weird responses on the get_all_clients endpoint.

In the past, did the ‘device disconnected from network’ triggers work at all? or only the triggers for ‘device disconnected from access point’? (these 2 are different behaviours in regards communication between homey and the routers)

Hi Stefan,

thanks for digging into this.
Let me try to answer your question:

I actually have a 2nd HomeyPro (2019 version) in use in parallel with latest FW and app version 2.0.13
There the app (once i installed it) only detected the main router ie the Blue Cave. This version is running perfectly and receives data. In the flows i only use “if device is connected” flow card that I trigger via a timer.

on the new HomeyPro (2023 version) that I am using to do a clean start of my system, I am experiencing the mentioned issues. In contrast to the old Homey, the app on this one detects the access points of the mesh network, too. On that one I am using the “and device xyz is connected to the network” card.

Maybe good to add here,

I have 1 primary router and 2 mesh routers. All three were working great in the app. Since some weeks all routers are not working anymore. The app can found the routers but do not receive any info. The routers did not receive any new firmware update in that time. Maybe that there is something changed in the app some weeks ago that is triggering an issue?

Adding some update from this night/morning:
2 things happened this night: a) scheduled reboot of the Blue Cave and b) scheduled re-start of the app.

Result: Data has been send for some time but seems it got stuck approx 2+ hours ago.

Debug Report: 519122f7-292c-4cdc-9fa9-81e8ca198603

Yes, there did indeed change something in that behaviour. If something goes wrong in one of the requests that was not expected Homey will wait 5 minutes before trying again. I also removed a try/catch around one of the calls that I always expected to be ‘correct’ (that is executed as one of the first requests in the whole sequence of update requests) but apparently this breaks all the functionality for you @Ranney and for @KaiF because this triggers the ‘wait’ period for Homey. I will try to make some changes today and push a new version to the test release.

2 Likes

Thanks for your time and the update!

Whatever I do, no data on my primary and both mesh devices (all three XT12)

Debug: 4fbcbc59-6c99-4694-8ff7-4047f99c076c

Maybe that I do something wrong? In the past it was working great!

@SlicingHaunt:
Did the update to 2.0.15 - no data, did restart the app - no data, did restart of HomeyPro23 - no data. Did reboot my Asus Blue Cave - data seems to come. Let’s see if it stops at some time. Created debug report; ed9ad7a1-32f3-42cb-8ecc-d41d05260d9a

When writing the last post, system was still receiving data but then stopped. it roughly stopped 1 hour after reboot of the router…

I’m very busy in my personal life at the moment, I’m trying to find some time later this week to push a new update that might solve the issues. I didn’t forget about you guys.

2 Likes

got updated to 2.1.0 (experimental) yesterday and so far everything now seems to work fine. thanks!!

Added my mesh system successfully, but don’t see any connected devices:

201376ce-50ce-4787-845f-0325830af344

UPDATE
Removed the App, tried both the test and normal App version. Both install and allow me to add my mesh routers. They all show all stats, but not any connected devices. And, the stats are not updated.

Need to report an issue. Seems that the number of devices connected does not change for main router and access points (since 5 days i.e. last reboot of router). 74e08ef2-d30a-4be3-951d-d16d6a2e6c86

Hi, thanks for a great app!
Is it possible to use this app to check if Homey is still connected to the router? I would like to build a flow where I would restart Homey if the connection to the router drops for a specific period of time. If that does not enable a connection my flow can restart the router (via a socket-device).

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

I will try to figure out a way, I have noted your request and will try to pick this up too when I’m working on the app again.
My first priority is implementing speedtests and fixing some stability issues some users might experience.

Thanks!

Long time ago, but I am back :slight_smile:

I have been working on the app during some spare time I had left and I have good news everyone.
The overall stability of the app has improved alot. This is due to the change to Axios as http handler instead of node-fetch which helped me to improve the retrieval of authorization tokens and sending them with each request.

Furthermore I have added a speedtest action card, this is advanced flow only I’m afraid but it seems to be working fine. I have been running a speedtest each night now, maybe create a twitter flow or something to ping your internet provider if the speed is to slow? :smiley:

Also new are enabling or disabling vpn clients, this is a bit of a hack to get it working but for openvpn connections it seems to be fine. This is for the network wide vpn client so all traffic goes over the vpn connection and NOT for the vpn connection to connect to your home network from outside. that part is technically not possible since that is only possible to do in the web interface. if someone can point me where this option is in the mobile app on android I will gladly take a look but without it working on android I cannot implement it for homey :frowning:

Hope you guys feel the changes and improved stability of the next version that comes with 2.2.0.

You can find the test version here that will come to the stable release somewhere in the next 2 weeks

Hi,

I have been trying to use this app as a Im home trigger Using my phone as the trigger. But My phone stays registered as online in the router, even if i turn off the phone. Me no get it… This is probably not an issue with the app, Has anyone else tried this?

You mean even in the web interface of your router you are still seeing that your phone is connected?