[APP][Pro] Asus WRT

I had the same problem. (Wrong credentials)
For me was the solution:

1. Go to the login page of the router in a browser
  2. Login and it asks to fix a captcha code
  3. After successful login in the browser, try it again in the homey app. It is now logging in successfully (with same username and password)

I have an issue with both my XT8 nodes on my HP23 with app v2.0.6.
After a while it looses connection and shows a warning:
Clicking on “try to repair” (and enter IP and credentials once again), it works again.
But the problem repeats itself after a little while… :frowning:

Yes, I have received this in a diagnostic report already a couple of times, this is also something that happens at my home.

This happens when the router is actively refusing requests and requires a captcha on the login page. I am probably overloading the routers with request since the interval is much faster than in the previous versions.

I’m looking into a solution in the app for the next update. In the meantime a solution could be to disable captcha at login in your router settings. (but I wouldn’t recommend this)

Version 2.0.7 is ready for testing.
This should have fixed login issues and network issues for networks with only a single router configured.
Please let me know if it has resolved your issues since I am unable to test this solution myself.

Great!

The login issues (for RT-AC66U) have now been fixed in v2.0.8.
Many thanks for your work!

I have no problems with v2.0.8 on my HP19, but on my HP23 the problem still exists (same app version, Homey RC69).
After a while Homey looses connection with both my XT8’s, when login captcha is enabled… :frowning:
Send you a diagnostic report: 70fde1a2-62ba-4633-b9ce-01be7f0c9aba if that might help you…

Do you have a Homey Pro 2023 or earlier, @RickardDehlin?

The captcha problem is still something that I have to solve, that is not in v2.0.8
Haven’t found a solution yet.

Ah, ok. Thx for that update. :slight_smile:
Feel free to contact me if I can help you in any way.

Hi

I have a Homey Pro 2019.

Ah, I see.
I have no problems with my HP19, just my HP23

Request for new flows, do you think it is possible to implement?

When:

• WAN connected.
  • WAN disconnected.

And:

• WAN is connected.

Hi, I re-added these triggers and conditions, you can find them in the latest test version.

this version also has improved stability when a router is behaving a bit different and doesn’t respond well on ‘wired clients’ ‘wireless clients’.

I have created a new test version that should help with the ‘network unavailable for requests’ problem. This often occurs when the router only responds with error_status 2. Now the Homey app will wait when this happens and retry after 5 minutes before intervalling again once every 1 minute.

Please let me know if the problem still occurs, send me the diagnostic reports (those really help since the last few updates, logging is great!)

Thanks for all your patience.

1 Like

I have trouble with the router disabling the guest wifi sporadically… Would be awesome with actions to re-enable it somehow. So I’ve been looking into the “web app”, and might have identified the relevant POSTs and figured I had to look into HomeyScript-ing it. But adding the feature to this app would probably be better, if it’s can be done. :crossed_fingers: It seems to refer to them by wl_unit and wl_subunit in the requests.

Edit: Have now successfully achieved this using HomeyScript :partying_face:

@SlicingHaunt : Do you have a code repo somewhere where one might contribute, perhaps?

Yes, see the app store page for the source code or the first post of this thread.
Most of the code is now abstracted behind a npm package that I update seperately, you can find that on npmjs under “node-asuswrt” with also a link to the source code.

Using HomeyPro 23 and V2.0.8 but had many disconnects that could only be solved by restarting the App (have 1 Blue Cave and 3 CT8). Just switched to 2.0.13 with the result that devices were properly detected but no data was transmitted/updated for more than 20 mins - practically none at all. So switched back to 2.0.8 and everything starts to work again.
Is this a known issue in 2.0.13 and/Or are you interested in diagnostic report(s) for 2.0.8 and/or 2.0.13.
Thx. Keep up the good work - very useful for me to detect if my son plays on the xBox while i am away…

Hmm, that is odd. there are practically no changes besides error handling between v2.0.8 and v.2.0.13.
Athom just approved the 2.0.13 live.

I have also worked a bit more on it this morning though, you could try out 2.0.14

If this has the same issues for you, please send me the diagnostic report with your name in the description, these are really helpful in finding what is going wrong.

Thank you, the new triggers and conditions for WAN looks good!

Diag Report 3c3ff43d-2781-44af-8d8a-86a4b2c1bc60 after automatic update to 2.0.13 - no data transmitted even after hours and restarting the app…

Many thanks for making this great app!

I’ve got the same issue. No data since 12 days. I’ve removed alle devices and related flows, disabled captcha, re-added devices but all fields stays empty. anything I can do about it?

Debug report: 2954d246-1138-4d02-8185-224a98319533

Thanks again for your time!!